The Student Room Group

how many exams do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jessica_94
hey im just wondering how many exams you guys have in june? and also how do you plan your revision out?

i have 7 exams in june and really struggling in how and when to revise for what subjects, theres soooo much

If you're talking about A-LEVEL, I had 8 within 2 weeks and managed it. If you want to revise sufficiently, start WEEKS in advance. Set out a plan and say to yourself "Need ___ hours for ____ for subject A" and so on, and work accordingly to it, giving yourself a few days lee-way for extra time needed.
I stuck to my schedule with that and managed to come out with AAAB (I have no idea why I did 4 A-Levels ¬¬)

But yeah, don't be put off by the numbers, and just make sure you leave the day before an exam free to look over things. NOT learn them, but REVISE. I mean, if you have an exam on Monday, leave Sunday free to check you know things for sure. DO NOT LEAVE IT TO LEARN ANYTHING AT ALL! You will panic and only be able to absorb a certain amount of information.

Also, 90% can be learnt if you TEACH rather than LEARN, so try teaching out loud, and your revision may be more successful. :smile:

I have 2 exams in June and 3 in August for University. ): x

GOOD LUCK. :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by lizolove
If you're talking about A-LEVEL, I had 8 within 2 weeks and managed it. If you want to revise sufficiently, start WEEKS in advance. Set out a plan and say to yourself "Need ___ hours for ____ for subject A" and so on, and work accordingly to it, giving yourself a few days lee-way for extra time needed.
I stuck to my schedule with that and managed to come out with AAAB (I have no idea why I did 4 A-Levels ¬¬)

But yeah, don't be put off by the numbers, and just make sure you leave the day before an exam free to look over things. NOT learn them, but REVISE. I mean, if you have an exam on Monday, leave Sunday free to check you know things for sure. DO NOT LEAVE IT TO LEARN ANYTHING AT ALL! You will panic and only be able to absorb a certain amount of information.

Also, 90% can be learnt if you TEACH rather than LEARN, so try teaching out loud, and your revision may be more successful. :smile:

ahhh thankyou, really helped and at least i now know its possible! haha, goodluck with your exams too! x
3:
Social Policy
Politics
Sociology
Reply 23
ahhh thankyou, really helped and at least i now know its possible! haha, goodluck with your exams too! x

Thank you!

Yes, it really is. Just try and start now if you can. Once you sort out the motivation to do it, it is so easy. If you start now, you will have so little to do nearer to the exams. :smile:
I only have three exams: AS Psychology, AS Sociology and A2 English Language. I was actually expecting more than that, so I'm pretty pleased.
Reply 25
10:angry:
Reply 26
Reply 27
hey im just wondering how many exams you guys have in june? and also how do you plan your revision out?

i have 7 exams in june and really struggling in how and when to revise for what subjects, theres soooo much

thanks everyone :smile:

Roughly a million.
Reply 28
hey,im doing -
psychology B- units 1,3 and 4
biology- 4 and 5
sociology- 4 and 5

people have alot more exams but i honestly dont know where to start haha x

Oh gosh, well those are very content heavy subjects....most people on here will say past papers until death, but with those I really think you need to get the content down (revision cards, notes, text books etc) and then work on exam technique
I know biology is awful for exam technique, if you can get that down bio is easy....x
Reply 29
11. 9 Maths, 1 Physics, 1 History.
Original post by roseroserose.
10:
7 Maths
2 Economics
1 History

8 of these fall in 5 days. Kill me.

10 is the magic number. you'll be cool.

They all finish before June, so that's good. And there's only one day where I have two (24th May)
Reply 32
I have 8.

C1 and C2 for maths.
Chemistry unit 1 and 2
Biology unit 1 and 2
Computing unit 1 and 2

Not looking forward to this Easter holidays...
I've procrastinated way too much since January modules...
Reply 33

Hey, I've read in a few places that 'teaching' something helps you to learn it. How are you supposed to 'teach' it when you don't have anyone to teach it to though? Just use a teddy or something, haha?
Reply 34
Original post by ummm
Hey, I've read in a few places that 'teaching' something helps you to learn it. How are you supposed to 'teach' it when you don't have anyone to teach it to though? Just use a teddy or something, haha?

Exactly! Repeat it, or use a teddy as if it is a student. Read about the topic, and speak about it as if you're giving a general lesson on it. E.g. Let's say you are trying to explain how to multiply 7 by 3, you explain how 7+7+7=21, and there are 3 lots of 7, which is 21. - This is better than saying 7x3=21. By reassuring yourself of the procedure to obtain the answer, or the specific details of the argument/argument giver, you will remember it more. :smile:
Reply 35
Exactly! Repeat it, or use a teddy as if it is a student. Read about the topic, and speak about it as if you're giving a general lesson on it. E.g. Let's say you are trying to explain how to multiply 7 by 3, you explain how 7+7+7=21, and there are 3 lots of 7, which is 21. - This is better than saying 7x3=21. By reassuring yourself of the procedure to obtain the answer, or the specific details of the argument/argument giver, you will remember it more. :smile:

Thanks! I'm going to try it now (but whisper so my family don't think I've gone crazy) :tongue:
Reply 36
Original post by ummm
Thanks! I'm going to try it now (but whisper so my family don't think I've gone crazy) :tongue:

Bahahaha. Just explain to them why you're saying it, because the louder you say it, you will feel (subconsciously) more assertive and confident in your answer and be able to teach yourself more efficiently. :smile:

Maybe make notes, and read over them a few times and then repeat it out loud, until you don't need them. It will take time, but it will be worth it. :smile:
Reply 37
Bahahaha. Just explain to them why you're saying it, because the louder you say it, you will feel (subconsciously) more assertive and confident in your answer and be able to teach yourself more efficiently. :smile:

Maybe make notes, and read over them a few times and then repeat it out loud, until you don't need them. It will take time, but it will be worth it. :smile:

I just tried it, I taught my teddy all about the properties of group 2, and group 1 and 2 compounds (a topic I've struggled with recently) and it actually really helped!

And yeah, I used to do the whole reading my notes, then repeating them until I could do it without looking, but it just took soooo long, and I found I was just memorising everything without properly understanding it, which then meant that I found it hard to apply my knowledge to new questions. I also felt like I had to remember it word for word as well, and so had to recap it like every week. Not good!

My teddy is going to be fricking genius by the end of May, haha! :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by ummm
I just tried it, I taught my teddy all about the properties of group 2, and group 1 and 2 compounds (a topic I've struggled with recently) and it actually really helped!

And yeah, I used to do the whole reading my notes, then repeating them until I could do it without looking, but it just took soooo long, and I found I was just memorising everything without properly understanding it, which then meant that I found it hard to apply my knowledge to new questions. I also felt like I had to remember it word for word as well, and so had to recap it like every week. Not good!

My teddy is going to be fricking genius by the end of May, haha! :smile:

Bahahahaha! Well done. Hope it helps. I just talked to myself in the shower trying to remember a few things and it worked for me! ;D
How are you guys planning on revising?

Apart from talking to yourself in the shower lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest