Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To people who have left College/6th form?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you still keep in touch with your good friends from College/6th form? I'm just curious really.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Too many people change when they go to uni.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implo)
    Do you still keep in touch with your good friends from College/6th form? I'm just curious really.
    Yea I am still really good friends with them all. We don't see eachother much, but when we left we promised eachother that we would keep in touch
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    After finishing my A-Levels nearly 6 years ago, I can honestly say not really. 3 people at the most, and a couple more who I see every New Years or so.

Going to a reunion soon though, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up and see everyone again
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 331sam331)
    Yea I am still really good friends with them all. We don't see eachother much, but when we left we promised eachother that we would keep in touch
    Hate to break it to you but it won't last. Next time you see them, at least one will be an absolute douche.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haven't spoken to anyone from there since Year 13 finished.

Was always too shy to initiate a conversation but surely if they were interested in me they wouldn't have ignored me since last summer?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umop apisdn)
    Hate to break it to you but it won't last. Next time you see them, at least one will be an absolute douche.
    Hate to break it to you, but I pick friends well. I don't tend to pick the shallow superficial ones, that change into douches.

I know for a fact that that they are still nice people, and we have planned to meet up in the summer :cool:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Friends who I solely met in college I don't see any more, but we might exchange texts once or twice a week. But friends I've had since secondary school I still see very often. I don't know whether this'll change when I finish my gap year and go to Uni though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hate to break it to you, but I pick friends well. I don't tend to pick the shallow superficial ones, that change into douches.

I know for a fact that that they are still nice people, and we have planned to meet up in the summer :cool:
    honestly, I thought the same, but some people change so much going to uni, they become unrecognisable. It's alarming.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umop apisdn)
    honestly, I thought the same, but some people change so much going to uni, they become unrecognisable. It's alarming.
    Well I only had 2 close friends at college (sad I know) and one didn't go to uni. The one that did go to uni, I met up with her at Christmas and she's still exactly the same but more confident, which is great because she really needed it.

The guy that didn't go to uni is still great too. We were in a band together and we are meeting up for a jam session ASAP.

I don't know what it is with me. I have a good sense of people and who not to be friends with, so ultimately I end up with very few, but very good friends
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    People do change a lot at uni, sometimes becoming unrecognisable (and not just in the personality sense), though I've not had any friends go through negative change (aside from getting fat). Most have matured a lot since living independently (considerably more than those still living with parents).

I don't know what it is with me. I have a good sense of people and who not to be friends with, so ultimately I end up with very few, but very good friends
    Few but close friends is the best way
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A few, one of them I talk to regularly.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did keep in touch with one, she was my best friend. Met her at 16 when I started sixth form college. We saw each other every week, she's the godmother to my children, the whole shebang. But we started drifting apart last year and I haven't heard a word from her since January now. TBH I doubt we'll be seeing each other again.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yup- there's a group of eight of us and we always try and meet up at Chirstmas at the very least, even though we're scattered about the country. We're having a murder mystery night soon, should be good fun! It's a bit difficult finding things where we can all meet up, because we've all got different commitments with work and courses and house rennovation etc. and I don't see my 'home friends' as much as I'd like but I'd hate to be without them.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am still good friends with a few people who I was friends with when I left. Some people I had a disagreement with during my first year of uni, though that was really about stuff that had been going on before we all left.

The friendships I have maintained; we don't talk every day, or even every week, but it's one of those things where when you DO see each other or talk, it's exactly how it was before-as if you just saw them yesterday. BTW out of interest some go to uni, some don't. I do.

I think it's silly to say you won't be friends with people because everyone changes- we are all constantly changing. I was different in year 7 to how I was in year 10 to how I was in sixth form... I still had a similar group of friends through the whole of that time, I was just closer to various people at various times. I don't think change itself matters, and it's definitely not a bad thing to change. People are friends with all different types of people anyway. Sometimes two people end up so different from how they used to be that they just wouldn't be friends, but for me that's only happened with one person, and it was a very gradual process which started years before the final 'break' as such.

xxx
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implo)
    The people that I hung around with, yeah. And from time to time, I message a few others.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was certain when I left I'd stay in touch with my best friend which was right nearly four years down the line. We are closer than ever and I firmly believe we'll be life-long friends.

There's a group of six of us and we still all meet occasionally despite having all been to uni (except me but I moved away from our home town anyway).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implo)
    I'd say I'm still very good friends with 2 people I went to school with, and I'm friends with a further 2-3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, none of them.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I did keep in touch with one, she was my best friend. Met her at 16 when I started sixth form college. We saw each other every week, she's the godmother to my children, the whole shebang. But we started drifting apart last year and I haven't heard a word from her since January now. TBH I doubt we'll be seeing each other again.
    don't you speak to her on facebook?

sorry not being nosy just thinking about the future of my friendships!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 27, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.