Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Foods you can't eat

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lasagne. Veggie or meat. No idea why, just can't do it.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The thought of eating meat/fish makes me gag, and egg (unless it's hidden in a cake). In fact, just the smell of those will make me gag. O.o Oh! And yoghurt. Can't stand yoghurt...and mustard.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it strange that I genuinely cannot think of a single food that I wouldn't eat?!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Slightly, but thats a good thing, your welcome round for tea any time . . . .

What about really spicy foods?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Milk and liquid milk drinks as cocoa and milk shakes but I have no problem with yogurt, ice cream...
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Certain fruits when raw. If they're processed in some sort of way such as made into a sauce or something, it's fine.

Almonds. Holy **** almonds.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Egg as well. I thought I was the only one!

Also, mayonnaise and salad cream. The thought of them makes me feel ill.

Finally, cottage cheese. My Dad likes it in his sandwiches (I make them for him!) and I struggle to spread it without feeling ill.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare~Bear)
    Sli

What about really spicy foods?
    Love them!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whelks.... truly disgusting... like alien babies!:eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cooked tomatoes - this is really weird because I have no problem with raw tomatoes, especially cherry tomatoes but if they're cooked, I won't eat them.
    Seafood - I think I have a phobia of it. Just can't stand it but I love pollock, haddock, cod etc. Strange.
    Most meat I don't like - I don't like pork, beef and I can't eat chicken but I do like guinea fowl, duck etc.
    Oh and stuff like liver, tripe etc - hate it.

Haha, I sound quite fussy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I don't eat meat, dairy, eggs or honey for ethical reasons.
    OK, I understand people not liking meat for ethical reasons, and maybe eggs (particularly from battery hens). And as much as my dairy farming family would hate me for saying this, I can sort of see milk products (but only just!).

But honey?!

Out of interest, and because I've never come across anyone who objects to it before, what do you find wrong with honey?

I couldn't live without it

(Original post by Senassa)
    Most meat I don't like - I don't like pork, beef and I can't eat chicken but I do like guinea fowl, duck etc.

Haha, I sound quite fussy
    Guineafowl and duck? That's not fussy, that's classy

Great username, by the way!

Oh, and in answer to the original question, all dried fruits. Nothing annoys me more than when people add raisins to curry
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't eat seafood
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tomato, pomegranate, cucumber (I used to love these, but they now make me feel nauseous... :dontknow:), pork, salad cream (unless in a tuna sandwich), mayonnaise, liquorice, tartar sauce, Marmite (:puke:) and lamb. I'm also not really fond of dark chocolate but it's growing on me. I'll probably remember some more later.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Omelette. eurgh.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Raisins!!!
    And white bread (odd I know)
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pineapple makes me throw up...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Royal icing, onions, and most of all strawberry flavoured yoghurt/ice cream/milkshake.

Oh and those hideous Jazzles (white chocolate button things with hundreds and thousands on top)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mushrooms, I hate the texture!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrogInABog)
    OK, I understand people not liking meat for ethical reasons, and maybe eggs (particularly from battery hens). And as much as my dairy farming family would hate me for saying this, I can sort of see milk products (but only just!).

But honey?!

Out of interest, and because I've never come across anyone who objects to it before, what do you find wrong with honey?

I couldn't live without it
    There's plenty of people who have don't eat honey for ethical reasons - it's not vegan. Veganism isn't just about harm caused to animals, but about commodifying their existence. Bees don't make honey for us - they make it for themselves and so I think it is wrong for us to take it off them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    There's plenty of people who have don't eat honey for ethical reasons - it's not vegan. Veganism isn't just about harm caused to animals, but about commodifying their existence. Bees don't make honey for us - they make it for themselves and so I think it is wrong for us to take it off them.
    Right, I see where you're coming from. I didn't want to start a debate about it, to be honest, I just wanted to know what it was about honey that was the problem...

I guess I was just unaware that vegans had a problem with use of animals in general (as opposed to cases where suffering might be involved).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.