Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Foods you can't eat

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anything aniseed, olives, gherkins (but I love cucumbers, and pickled onions), any shellfish, and liver. Oh, and tomato sauce on bacon- it's find on anything else, but even the thought of it on bacon, eeeeurgh!

Don't like mushrooms or cottage cheese or brussels sprouts, but I can force em down.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Red Peppercorns.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Shepherd's Pie.

just.
    :no:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrogInABog)
    Guineafowl and duck? That's not fussy, that's classy

Great username, by the way!
    Haha, thank you! Your username is pretty awesome as well.

Going back to the original question - I can't stand mushrooms either, I think it's the texture of them to be honest
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Too much cheese (as in I quite enjoy a tiny square but any more makes me feel bleeeeuughh)
    Too much tomato
    Eel or oysters
    Greasy food like cheap take-aways.
    A whole banana (half is fine)
    Eggs and beans together (but separately - yumm)
    sausage rolls
    milk in coffee
    fried bread
    crepes
    raw carrots
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Too much Parmesan cheese - ruins a dish imo, especially if it's the powdered form.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izpenguin)
    Raisins!!!
    And white bread (odd I know)
    I am the same about white bread, it literally makes me wretch.

I can't eat mushrooms either.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cauliflower / Cauliflower cheese
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tofu
    Aubergine

The words even scare me! x_x
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mushrooms, I used to think the texture reminded me of slugs/snails (which I hate with a passion) and could never shake that thought of eating them :laugh:.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Peanut butter and in fact anything containing nuts
    Brown sauce
    Salad cream
    Pickled onions/eggs
    Wine

Just thinking about all of these is making me want to vom.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always try olives thinking that i'll like them, and each time I almost throw up everywhere
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrogInABog)
    OK, I understand people not liking meat for ethical reasons, and maybe eggs (particularly from battery hens). And as much as my dairy farming family would hate me for saying this, I can sort of see milk products (but only just!).

But honey?!

Out of interest, and because I've never come across anyone who objects to it before, what do you find wrong with honey?

I couldn't live without it
    I'm replying a bit late, but anyway ^^ ArtGoblin mentionned not eating honey just because it's an animal product, but as a vegan I don't eat it also because it can be harmful to bees (not always of course, but in many places it is). This is a really good website for information on the subject: http://www.vegansociety.com/resource...and-honey.aspx

As you can see: "The queen bee is usually killed every year and a new queen introduced to the colony.5 The queen may have her wings clipped to prevent her from flying; this is to stop the bees carrying out their natural instinct to swarm (the old queen and a large proportion of the bees leaving the nest once the colony has provided a new queen to replace her).6

Far from being ‘just’ simple insects, bees have a complex communication system, display co-operative behaviour and take part in activities such as collective decision-making, organisation and conflict resolution.7

Farmed bees are vulnerable to insect attacks and diseases such as American Foulbrood and European Foulbrood, Varroa mites and associated viruses, which have increased significantly in the UK over the last 5-10 years, along with a decline in bee numbers.8 One method of dealing with American Foulbrood is to burn the hives while all the bees are inside."

Hope this helps You'll also find tons of info on the website about dairy, eggs, etc (even so-called free-range chicken can be badly mistreated) and if you want even more info, http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72964130308142
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Courgettes
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mayo and cauliflower. Both of them disgust me, but I think it's mainly the texture of cauliflower cuz it reminds me of Styrofoam :|
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mushy peas.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Porridge, oh.my.god. Absolutely cannot stand the stuff. The smell, the look is even enough to put me off. My sister eats loads and i refuse to go anywhere near or wash her bowel off after she eats it as it just makes me feel sick
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Olives.

They offend me.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i dont like foods with raisins in them but i eat raisins on their own... i also hate.....lentils.......wasabi flavoured crisp..........pork/pig meat(ethical reason)..... im sure therez more but i can't think of anymore.....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Parsnips :eek:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.