Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prawn Curry...

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I LOVE King Prawns. I also love curry. But I have a question. I ordered a king prawn madras in a restaurant a while ago and didn't really like it, the prawns were nice but the gravy tasted like a madras but fishy..? Which I didn't like, and therefore assumed I didn't like prawn curry. However, I was with my dad who had chicken tikka which was crap, it was like bad quality chicken with a bit of orange colouring.
    Anyway, my boyfriend bought himself a pre made king prawn curry from Sains the other day and I tried a bit, and really liked it because it didn't taste fishy at all...

SO is prawn curry meant to be fishy and therefore I don't like it and that's that, the supermarket one was rubbish (as they are)...
    OR should I try it at a different restaurant?
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    My standard starter order at Indian restaurants is a prawn puri, which is essentially a small portion of prawn bhuna and a flatbread, and I have it at virtually every restaurant I go to or order from. I am yet to encounter a puri where the sauce has tasted remotely of fish. I would assume, coming from Birmingham, at least one of them knew what they were doing, so I would expect you had a bad one at the restaurant you visited [=
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    My standard starter order at Indian restaurants is a prawn puri, which is essentially a small portion of prawn bhuna and a flatbread, and I have it at virtually every restaurant I go to or order from. I am yet to encounter a puri where the sauce has tasted remotely of fish. I would assume, coming from Birmingham, at least one of them knew what they were doing, so I would expect you had a bad one at the restaurant you visited [=
    I have prawn puri all the time.. I'm obviously moronic and should have made the connection.
    I assumed it was just bad, but just wanted to check. Thanks for amusing my idiocy anyway though
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhaworth)
    I have prawn puri all the time.. I'm obviously moronic and should have made the connection.
    I assumed it was just bad, but just wanted to check. Thanks for amusing my idiocy anyway though
    Hehe nice choice, great minds think alike :ahee:

No worries (:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 24, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.