The Student Room Group

???Best University for Chemistry???

Poll

Best Uni for Chemistry

The poll will be there in a min
Thanks for voting/giving advice...
Reply 1
Well... the answer 'none of the above' leaps to mind... none of them are bad, but neither are they the best.
Reply 2
You two have obliviously missed the purpose of the thread. OP is seemingly asking for advice on which of the Unis (s)he has put forward is the best, presumably because those are the institutions (s)he has in mind for when (s)he applies to UCAS
Reply 3
If that is the case, then my recommendation would be as follows. Everywhere on that list is pretty sound, but I'm of the opinion that a set of UCAS choices should always include at least one slightly more 'aspirational' choice - i.e. somewhere the standard offer might be a bit higher than you think you'll get. In the list of 'aspirational' departments, I'd expect to see places like Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Bristol, Bath, maybe Warwick. I'd say that Manchester is the only one on your list that strikes me as better than the rest.
Reply 4
Newcastle haha...totally biased I know :biggrin: nah I know York and Nottingham are fab- I just didn't like them as Uni's and I'm from Lancaster so that was out of the question. To me it's not all about ratings, it's finding somewhere you enjoy living and studying :smile:
Nottingham has that really cool bloke called Poliakoff. That's all I know.

http://www.periodicvideos.com/about.htm
Reply 6
Cambridge,... or Bristol.

Quick Reply

Latest