The Student Room Group

Another child sex gang busted...

Scroll to see replies

For such a few people there's such a high percentage of freaks doing these crimes.
Original post by translucent
It's an arabic name, Mohammed had muslim discipiles called jacob, joseph...

And what the **** does that have to do with it?

Mohammed is a Muslim name. There are lots of names that are associated with Islam and Muslim figures, and not anything else.
Reply 23
Original post by creak
We seem to have a new thread every time there's a sex attack of this nature. Why? Why for no other crimes? Is it just for the usual people to highlight the fact that they're Asian and (probably) Muslim, or is there another reason why a thread has to be made about every single incident?

What do you mean, the 'usual people'? Go on, you mean 'racists', surely?

Some time ago, C4 screened a documentary called "Undercover Mosque", which plainly showed what any sane person would have guessed was happening in these dens of backwardness. The content was explosive. The next day I took the unusual step of buying the low-circulation, licence fee-subsidised, London newspaper "The Guardian". Alone amongst the fossil media, it failed to mention anything about the documentary. Deadline not met? Perhaps. So I bought it again the next day. Nothing. Later however, they did push the story of the police investigating C4, to see if there was any chance of pressing charges of incitement to racial hatred. This is the metropolitan elite's way of dealing with a reality that contravenes their worldview.

I only relate this story, because the attitudes displayed by The Guardian are regularly mirrored in by the usual apologists and especially on TSR. If a fact, however strongly it is evident, runs contrary to liberal orthodoxy on a non-English race or culture, that fact is either ignored, hugely trivialised, or subjected to wholly false comparisons such as current radical Islam being compared to the Old Testament's more fundamental teachings, despite them being dis-continued in England for centuries.

What is really going on here is fear, on behalf of the police, of civil disturbances from certain sections of a community that we all know, culturally or from a religious perspective, does not necessarily share our beliefs and laws in relation to females.

In other words, more multi-cultural diversity crap that for some reasons only ever seems to apply to those whose ethnicity and religion is not the mainstream.
(edited 12 years ago)
There's no such thing as a muslim name, they're arabic names. Islam is universal.

There are Muslim names. Abdur-raheem for example. Ar-raheem is one of the names of Allah. The name means the slave of the most merciful. This name did not exist before Islam.

Furthermore, Islam transformed the Arabic language. For example, the word Salaah before Islam meant to supplicate i.e. to make dua. Islam gave the word Salaah a different meaning, to pray. This is the case with many words in the Arabic language and indeed many names.

The fact that Islam is universal i.e. timeless guidance for mankind is independent of the fact that one may have an Islamic name.
Reply 25
Original post by Tudball
I'm not sure what your race/religion has to do with your place in this thread (seems a bit contrary to your argument), but I'll let it slide.

Anyway, the bloke you quoted isn't claiming that only Muslims abuse children - that's nonsensical skewing of his statement. He was pointing out, I believe, the disproportionate recurrence of Muslims as perpetrators of these sorts of crimes.

Whether you feel that's a relevant observation is subjective, but don't simplify the argument.

Sorry perhaps my argument wasn't self explanatory enough for you. I am a Jew and have experienced first hand a great deal of assumptions and prejudices made about Jewish people. What is the cost of such racial assumptions? Well to my people I think it was about 1.2 million lives?? Figures are sill debated. But it all started with a few people sitting around and talking about how Jews were responsible for this, for that ect ect-then the final solution happened. So to break down clearly to you, incase you still can't see why my religion/race makes me not want to be a part of this thread, it is that I don't want to make assumptions and aligations about other peoples religions. Even if this is a race/religion issue for you it's not for me.

I won't reply anymore have a pleasent evening.
Reply 26
Original post by Dreamweaver
Having a Muslim name does not make you a Muslim.

By time,

Indeed, mankind is in loss,

Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience. [Surah 103]

These people are not doing righteous deeds nor are they advising each other to truth or patience. They are not Muslims.

"Imagine Hamish McDonald, a Scotsman, sitting down with his Glasgow Morning Herald and seeing an article about how the "Brighton Sex Maniac Strikes Again." Hamish is shocked and declares that "No Scotsman would do such a thing." The next day he sits down to read his Glasgow Morning Herald again and this time finds an article about an Aberdeen man whose brutal actions make the Brighton sex maniac seem almost gentlemanly. This fact shows that Hamish was wrong in his opinion but is he going to admit this? Not likely. This time he says, "No true Scotsman would do such a thing."

—Antony Flew, Thinking About Thinking
Reply 27
Original post by Anomie
Sorry perhaps my argument wasn't self explanatory enough for you. I am a Jew and have experienced first hand a great deal of assumptions and prejudices made about Jewish people. What is the cost of such racial assumptions? Well to my people I think it was about 1.2 million lives?? Figures are sill debated. But it all started with a few people sitting around and talking about how Jews were responsible for this, for that ect ect-then the final solution happened. So to break down clearly to you, incase you still can't see why my religion/race makes me not want to be a part of this thread, it is that I don't want to make assumptions and aligations about other peoples religions. Even if this is a race/religion issue for you it's not for me.

I won't reply anymore have a pleasent evening.

Being concerned with the cultural practices of a subsection of a group of people does not equate to British people somehow promoting some sort of "Final Solution". What a ridiculous, presumptive statement.

This is why it's so difficult to discuss social problems in this country. It doesn't matter how reasoned or relevant the argument, if it relates the culture or ethnicity, someone will always toss in "racist" or "xenophobic" and all discussion is suppressed and stifled.

This is about child abuse, I understand. But there are wider, recurring social implications that we're all too scared to discuss.
It's an arabic name, Mohammed had muslim discipiles called jacob, joseph...

Dude it is a muslim name. Revise ur sources! :tongue:
Original post by Kalb
i guess they misundertand their religion.

Can you please explain to me why having Muslim names implies the person follows every aspect of Islam? I don't know why people always blame the misdeeds of supposed Muslims on their religion- when a paedophile ostensibly of the Hindu/Christian faith etc. rapes or molests a child, we condemn it immediately with almost no one saying "They must have misunderstood their religion" :dunce: And yet with Muslims are eager to demonise all of us based on the actions of those who go against the religion's teachings. Yes, it's all subjective and whatever the **** but you usually look at the mainstream schools of thought not some illiterate nutter somewhere spewing hatred usually because of a personal grudge... and even those don't condone rape.

Why are they "Islamic" to be exact? Do the rapists run around with the Quran reciting verses while they assault women? No, because the members of the these so called gangs tend to be the least religious members of the community who have taken up alcohol and drug abuse from a young age and are only part of such groups for their own twisted, sadistic pleasure. Such gangs are routinely condemned in almost every mosque I have been to and the youth are actively encouraged to join clubs/societies etc. to limit their exposure to these things and promote good behaviour and discipline.
Reply 30
I'm sick of seeing this crap everywhere, it reminds me of being a 13-15 year old girl living in Oldham and Accrington. Please, stop.

We all know theres a savage cultural issue within the Mirpuri Pakistani community, possibly excused or spurred on by warped, generally incorrect views of Islam. The question is how to solve it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Muffled Snuffles
If you go on Google News, type 'rape' and search by pages from the UK, you can easily find a dozen or so reported cases of rape by non-Asians (including cases involving children) in the past few hours.

But since this is TSR, nothing makes a better thread than a Muzzie being behind it. It gets all the anti-multiculturalism wannabe Stormfront users wet and frothing at the gash so they can come in and copy/pasta their previous generalisations about generic terms like culture and race. The thread then degenerates into an immigration debate about genes, British culture and racism. Wait till Chloe xxx gets here. :coma:

Original post by Chloe xxx
I'm sick of seeing this crap everywhere, it reminds me of being a 13-15 year old girl living in Oldham and Accrington. Please, stop.

We all know theres a savage cultural issue within the Mirpuri Pakistani community, possibly excused or spurred on by warped, generally incorrect views of Islam. The question is how to solve it.

And it begins.
Reply 32
Original post by marcusfox
"Imagine Hamish McDonald, a Scotsman, sitting down with his Glasgow Morning Herald and seeing an article about how the "Brighton Sex Maniac Strikes Again." Hamish is shocked and declares that "No Scotsman would do such a thing." The next day he sits down to read his Glasgow Morning Herald again and this time finds an article about an Aberdeen man whose brutal actions make the Brighton sex maniac seem almost gentlemanly. This fact shows that Hamish was wrong in his opinion but is he going to admit this? Not likely. This time he says, "No true Scotsman would do such a thing."

The 'No True Scotsman' tactic prevails in these types of thread, its the argument's true home. We cant change that, we need to chill and get into the minds of these people :smile: I've started engaging in a local islamic womans group, im educating myself and hope to use this to improve community cohesion (not in a left wing way :wink:) in the future. There isnt much else of a solution. Enough young girls, communities and people in general have suffered.
Reply 33
I have a muslim name. Not a muslim though.

At most if these guys were muslims I'd probably reckon they were the "muslim by name" types considering their crimes of rape and intent to supply drugs. I doubt their religion is a major factor in their decisions either to commit these crimes... though I sincerely hope that last statement was obvious to anyone reading this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pheylan
I'll save you some time: yes, they are Muslim

lol, read everyone's mind :rofl:

This analogy is illogical. Hamish made the comment "No Scotsman would do such a thing" because he identified a common trait in the perpetrator of the crime and in himself. They are both Scottish and he thus felt the need to exclude that man from his nationality in saying that the cultural norms of Scottish people are not to commit such crimes. This is true. It is not a cultural norm for Scottish people to become sex maniacs. It is against Scottish law to commit such crimes; a true Scotsman would adhere to the laws of his country. Therefore, this comment was justified. The fact that a similar incident happened the next day does not prove this to be wrong. All it shows is that two people, out of a population of 5.1 million committed crimes. How one can draw a conclusion about a whole nation based upon the actions of two people is beyond me.
Reply 36
Original post by darkshadow1111
And it begins.

It doesnt. I dont think its an 'islamic' issue at all. Like I said, we know the problem, it has been going on for years (take it from me, I know I'm an untrustworthy whore but ya'know..:wink: ), yet hasnt come to public attention until now.
Reply 37
Original post by Dreamweaver
This analogy is illogical. Hamish made the comment "No Scotsman would do such a thing" because he identified a common trait in the perpetrator of the crime and in himself. They are both Scottish and he thus felt the need to exclude that man from his nationality in saying that the cultural norms of Scottish people are not to commit such crimes. This is true. It is not a cultural norm for Scottish people to become sex maniacs. It is against Scottish law to commit such crimes; a true Scotsman would adhere to the laws of his country. Therefore, this comment was justified. The fact that a similar incident happened the next day does not prove this to be wrong. All it shows is that two people, out of a population of 5.1 million committed crimes. How one can draw a conclusion about a whole nation based upon the actions of two people is beyond me.

You said "They are not Muslims." What you mean is "No Muslim would do such a thing" because you identify a common trait in the perpetrators of the crime and in yourself. You identify as Muslim and you thus felt the need to exclude these men from your religion in saying that the cultural norms of Muslims are not to commit such crimes. This is true. It is not a cultural norm for Muslims to become sex maniacs. It is against Muslim law to commit such crimes; a true Muslim would adhere to the laws of his religion....

Nevertheless, it is possible for Scotsmen to be sex maniacs, just as it is for Muslims.

Thus it is correct to compare it to 'No true Scotsman'
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
You said "They are not Muslims." What you mean is "No Muslim would do such a thing" because you identify a common trait in the perpetrators of the crime and in yourself. You identify as Muslim and you thus felt the need to exclude these men from your religion in saying that the cultural norms of Muslims are not to commit such crimes. This is true. It is not a cultural norm for Muslims to become sex maniacs. It is against Muslim law to commit such crimes; a true Muslim would adhere to the laws of his religion....

Nevertheless, it is possible for Scotsmen to be sex maniacs, just as it is for Muslims.

The divertion tactics are becoming more detailed, I have to admit :biggrin:

Of course it's possible for Muslims to commit crimes as it is possible for anyone else to commit a crime. The point of the argument was to convey that these crimes go against the fundamental foundations of Islam. Thus, it is illogical and false to apply the shortcomings and crimes of an individual to the ideology/religion he follows IF the religion condemns such actions.

I am not arguing that this particular incident cannot be compared to No true Scotsman. I am challenging the assumptions made and conclusions drawn from the analogy itself as my previous post elucidates.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending