The Student Room Group

If Scotland illegally declares independence, should we invade?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
We should (after exhausting other avenues), because if they just came out and said, "Right guys, we're independent now," we haven't got any indication that the wishes of actual Scots (who are still British subjects) have been listened to.

Of course, any declaration of independence without the support of westminster would just be trolling as it would have no constitutional or legal reality. They may try to declare themselves independent but there wouldn't be the frameworks in place for any of it to actually happen.
Let them have independence, I frankly don't care either way.
Reply 62
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
We have the nukes, just sayin'. :dontknow:

We have the codes.
Reply 63
Original post by Rakas21
Certainly an interesting scenario.

I say let it happen now, if the Tories 'save' Scotland then they get to stay in power for the next 20 years.

If the Tories lose Scotland then they get to stay in power for the next 20 years, it's a win win situation. Now, how do we make the Scots uprise against English rule? How about a 1000% tax on deep fried Mars bars?
Original post by James82
We have the codes.

No actually there are no codes.
i think Scotland should remain part of the United Kingdom, and in that case of indepedence, then it wouldn't make any big difference and i imagine that both countries would still be close.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending