Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I stop messing up my friendship?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

Two years ago, I had quite bad depression. Amongst other things, my friend accused me of being obsessed with him. Whenever he said that, I would ignore it. (I never admitted or denied it)

I am now in the same situation again - except, I don't have depression. I am just obsessed with him.

I don't think he's worked this out yet; but told me on Thursday that he is pissed off with me because of how I am with him.

I did finally apologise to him last night and told him there's a reason for my behaviour towards him; but I stated that I am not willing to tell him what's wrong. (I don't want him to know about this)

To make everything slightly harder for both of us, he's Autistic and I'm being tested for it too.

What do I do now? And how do I stop this messing up our friendship?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You nees to sit him down and explain hopefully if hes a good friend he would understand if not u are better off without him anyway
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am now in the same situation again - except, I don't have depression. I am just obsessed with him.

To make everything slightly harder for both of us, he's Autistic and I'm being tested for it too.

What do I do now? And how do I stop this messing up our friendship?
    It's quite common for people on the autism spectrum to be very focused on things and people to the point where it's like an obsession.

Take a look at the Wrong Planet forums for people with autism and Aspergers. There are lots of people there that will understand what you are going through and can offer you a better insight andsupport than the majority of neuro typicals you will find here:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forum7.html

Good luck.

I've told him. Well, I emailed him. I emailed him about something else and the first thing he said "I don't want to meet up with you". I never said anything nor did I assume that we were going to meet up. In fact, I wasn't sure either.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 1, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.