The Student Room Group

COMPARE/CONTRAST essay coursework, A grade examples for AS English Literature?

Hi guys! So I really want to get an A for this final piece of coursework that I am working on for AS English Literature but I wanted to know exactly how to go about writing up a compare/contrast essay effectively with a coherent and logical structure and argument. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Also, do you guys have an essay or even a paragraph from an A grade essay that I could read? Thanks in advance
Hey, you posted this two weeks ago but if you still need help, tell me what your coursework question is, which texts you're studying and the board, like Edexcel, AQA, etc.
Reply 2
Original post by mariam.khawaja
Hey, you posted this two weeks ago but if you still need help, tell me what your coursework question is, which texts you're studying and the board, like Edexcel, AQA, etc.

Hi- yep still doing the essay. I'm getting along okay now, but wouldnt mind the extra help. I'm on OCR and the question is Compare and contrast how the main characters, Jean of "Oranges are not the only fruit" and Blanche of "A Streetcar Named Desire" react and respond to society's expectations of women". Thanks^_^

Quick Reply