The Student Room Group

Girls why do you go clubbing ?

we all know, everyone goes clubbing to have a good time and enjoy themselves. Around 80% of the boys go clubbing to get with a girl and bring her back.... this is a fact. Girls, do you go clubbing to find guys? Do u like it when a guy starts randomly dancing behind you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't go out much, but when I do it's mainly to blow off steam through dancing and just to do something a bit different to the ordinary (namely, being drunk). I don't enjoy guys 'dancing behind me', mainly due to the fact that I have a boyfriend, but also because it's creepy so I probably wouldn't enjoy it if I was single.

Also, 80% of guys go clubbing to get a girl? You must know 80% of guys so well.
Reply 2
in b4 "to have fun with my friends and let my hair down"

when really, it's to find some cock
Reply 3
I used to go out to meet guys, flirt, perhaps get laid, depending how fit the guy was/how sexually frustrated I was feeling. I go clubbing now I have a boyfriend, but I pretty much always go with him. For me, it's more about going out, having a good time and dancing the night away. The times that I don't go with him, I go with my girls but there's no flirting. I hate it when guys try it with me even though I say I'm in a relationship; I usually end up threatening to knock them out.
I go to dance.

I really really like it when someone will join in dancing with me, however, I don't like it when people try to flirt with me or get with me - I'm not interested in going out or spending the night with someone I've met in a club, I'd rather get to know them better.

And dancing behind/grinding is just creepy and will make me go away.
I like going because :

a) I like the music
b) I like having a dance
c) It gets me out of the house and gives me some time to be myself and not just "mum" for a change
d) I'll admit it I like getting a bit tipsy, it's a fun feeling when I'm dancing

I go with my husband, so I'm definitely not out looking for guys.
Reply 6
I go to have a night out with my friends. I don't do one night stands, it's not for me, so it's nothing to do with that.
I go clubbing because:-

1) I LOVE dancing.
2) I am single and like to have a dance with guys (not grinding) just a laugh, maybe a kiss and a number. But never anything more.
3) I like letting my hair down, forgetting all worries of the world, have some banging music and be a bit drunk and act a bit wild.
4) Enjoy bonding with my female friends.
Reply 8
To get laid

Iam male and Never been to NC
When I broke up with my ex I went out too get with guys there was a group of us who use too think it was a **** night if we didnt get with anybody .

Now I have a boyfriend I hate clubbing and dont go as there are men dancing behind you which i hate. To be honest the only reason I went clubbing was too get off with a guy which would make me feel good about myself
Reply 10
Have drinks and a dance with mates and that's all :smile: Was the same when I was single as now being married. Out of my female friends it's a mixed bag of the same or pulling. Each to their own.
Reply 11
Oh I got negged for saying I wouldn't have an one night stand because it's not for me? Jeez, I wasn't judging anyone. I just said it's not for me. Gave an opinion/answer to a question
Reply 12
Original post by mel_1991
Oh I got negged for saying I wouldn't have an one night stand because it's not for me? Jeez, I wasn't judging anyone. I just said it's not for me. Gave an opinion/answer to a question

No no dont back down, stand up for yourself.
Its not for you because you aren't a slag :smile:, we both know thats the truth :wink:
Reply 13
Why girls go clubbing: for male attention and self validation

Why girls think they go clubbing: "because I love dancing with my friends"
Reply 14
Original post by py0alb
Why girls go clubbing: for male attention and self validation

Why girls think they go clubbing: "because I love dancing with my friends"

I doubt anyone can argue with that...
Reply 15
op stop making up statistics... idiot
Normally it's just to dance, get drunk and be stupid with friends.
But when I was single I wanted a kiss too.
I genuinely go to dance and have a good time. I never went clubbing to get a guy (though admittedly, I met my BF intially at a club - though was sober and just added each other on Fb to chat!), though the guy attention used to be quite funny and a bit of a bonus...now though the guys trying to dance with me just annoy the hell out of me because I dont want anyone even trying to be like that except my BF. That part of me makes me dislike clubbing sometimes - just wanna go and dance!!!
ADVICE PLEASE.
Typical story of me turning 18 in a few months, and I want to go clubbing for my birthday.

Help with:
- what to wear (are birthday sashes and stuff appropriate or would I look stupid?, do people wear coats?)
- how much money to take?
- what time to go and what time does the night end (approx.)
- anything else!
Original post by ShonaPanch
ADVICE PLEASE.
Typical story of me turning 18 in a few months, and I want to go clubbing for my birthday.

Help with:
- what to wear (are birthday sashes and stuff appropriate or would I look stupid?, do people wear coats?)
- how much money to take?
- what time to go and what time does the night end (approx.)
- anything else!

Wear whatever you like! Clubs are sometimes strict with dress code depending where you're going, so you're probably safer to go with a dress or skirt and top. I'd advise no heels unless they're wedges/ platforms and comfy, or you'll be in pain half way through the night, so you don't wanna ruin it!! (though check dress code as some places in London like smart shoes!) Birthday sashes are appropriate if ya wanna!
You can wear a coat, most places have cloakrooms to put it down, but if you can get away without one it's probably easier.
Last time I went I went home at about 3am. Don't leave too early- it doesn't usually get good until later on. Go 11 ish or 12 if you can, but sometimes it's cheaper entry before 11 so if so go a little earler (like 5 to 11).
Take as much as you're willing to spend- it's advisable to pre drink as drinks are expensive and it'll take a fair few to get you anywhere near drunk! Expect it to be expensive.
Have a great birthday!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending