The Student Room Group

Woman beaten to death in America for wearing a hijab

Scroll to see replies

I dont want to live on this planet anymore... D:
Original post by translucent
Im not the one emphasising on the religion of this women, lets face it if this women wasn't a muslim would there even be a thread about her....
I'm not going to jump the gun here, whose to say this women is even innocent? you assume she was a saint because she was wearing a hijab.

'you despise people like me' - what makes me so evil? :teehee:

yes... no one on the above posts said otherwise, which means I am right, right?
I took a leap of faith generalising, but I guess I'm atleast somewhat accurate :ahee:

On the basis of the evidence alone (which as a secular, atheist, rationilist) is ALL I care about, a women which we presume by default inocent of any crime has been ruthlessly murdered, on this evidence alone, she was 100% innocent, and speculation otherwise is completely pointless. I dislike people like you, (and those like the Youtube TheAmazingAtheist), because you start to hate the person and go beyond the religion, which is stereotyping. I think religion is illogical, but I would still be just as civil and friendly towards any religious person, indeed many of my friends are religious. Though I would stand by my views on this if questioned, I would never deliberately burn bridges as you seem to be doing.

You are not being logical at all here by claiming something without any evidence (ironic isnt it, because thats what religion does). I would reccomend taking a leaf out of the YTuber C0ncordance, rather than dicks like the Amazing athiest.
Original post by Chloe xxx
Oh right, I was just sure I heard Mohammed never mentioned women in heaven other than the girls for sex for the men.

No one should be beaten to death for what they wear. Its disgusting. I saw a poster on Digital Spy the other week say he was in town and a woman was wearing burka, and he said it made him so angry he almost ripped it off her face! I thought wow, you've got some anger issues :eek:

Qur'an states both men and woman states their reward? You seriously hate islam don't you? You also come with really weak information.
Reply 163
It's kind of funny being an observer and just watching how little some people know about the world. ^^

Cogito Ergo Sum. it's a nice phrase. ^^

I agree with Quantum Overlord, please don't make false statements if you claim to be rational. At least thoroughly research your claims and back them up with evidence. Notions like "there are no Buddhists or Hindu terrorist are laughable and incredibly foolish". If you try to say would like to use holy books as evidence please provide a direct quote with a reference in order for you too be taken seriously. If you're a rationalist please don't use pathetic emotional arguments like "that's cruel". Rationalist should realise morals are a product of a tinkerbell effect and realists should realise that in reality any motion of morality is merely man made. Please double check your evidence and try to show some class when commenting. I've kind of become bored with how many uniformed people are, also I do not believe rational minded people such would use phrases such as " If you can't see this, you have no place in the West". When discussing things please remain rational. It is good practice to study all of the evidence first and not to make wild claims. Even theories such as the Higgs Field is backed up by very strong Mathematics. Trolls will probably not listen to my words of advice but as now I have explained how things should be discussed there should be no reason for any more misguided biased or prejudice comments. If you are going to say things like "The Quaran say's it's acceptable to beat women" (despite you are obviously misguided and I have little patience to explain things to kids who just want to start an argument ) please back yourself up with a direct quote and then reference it and also consider the historical and cultural context. Ideally you should have some creditable in that area before you make a comment but as most don't and this is more of a place where students gather little can be done. If people on here had credentials to back up their claims we wouldn't have so many idiotic fools attempting to stir up hatred and mischief. If these rules are follow there should be no problems or trolls. Those who don't follow the rules should merely be ignored and branded as mischief makers.

I hope this sorts things out as honestly it does get irritating listening to people come up with the same misinformed nonsense. We should just ignore them and leave them in their uneducated slum as those who want to learn will make an effort and those whom know what their talking about would be unbiased and would provide some back up for their claims. ^^
Original post by RadiantA
It's kind of funny being an observer and just watching how little some people know about the world. ^^

Cogito Ergo Sum. it's a nice phrase. ^^

I agree with Quantum Overlord, please don't make false statements if you claim to be rational. At least thoroughly research your claims and back them up with evidence. Notions like "there are no Buddhists or Hindu terrorist are laughable and incredibly foolish". If you try to say would like to use holy books as evidence please provide a direct quote with a reference in order for you too be taken seriously. If you're a rationalist please don't use pathetic emotional arguments like "that's cruel". Rationalist should realise morals are a product of a tinkerbell effect and realists should realise that in reality any motion of morality is merely man made. Please double check your evidence and try to show some class when commenting. I've kind of become bored with how many uniformed people are, also I do not believe rational minded people such would use phrases such as " If you can't see this, you have no place in the West". When discussing things please remain rational. It is good practice to study all of the evidence first and not to make wild claims. Even theories such as the Higgs Field is backed up by very strong Mathematics. Trolls will probably not listen to my words of advice but as now I have explained how things should be discussed there should be no reason for any more misguided biased or prejudice comments. If you are going to say things like "The Quaran say's it's acceptable to beat women" (despite you are obviously misguided and I have little patience to explain things to kids who just want to start an argument ) please back yourself up with a direct quote and then reference it and also consider the historical and cultural context. Ideally you should have some creditable in that area before you make a comment but as most don't and this is more of a place where students gather little can be done. If people on here had credentials to back up their claims we wouldn't have so many idiotic fools attempting to stir up hatred and mischief. If these rules are follow there should be no problems or trolls. Those who don't follow the rules should merely be ignored and branded as mischief makers.

I hope this sorts things out as honestly it does get irritating listening to people come up with the same misinformed nonsense. We should just ignore them and leave them in their uneducated slum as those who want to learn will make an effort and those whom know what their talking about would be unbiased and would provide some back up for their claims. ^^

PotKettle.png

I do so hate to sound pedantic but, frankly, if you are going to criticise others for inhabiting "their uneducated slum", you would do well to educate yourself to the point where you can express yourself in English at a level readily understood by those with whom you are trying to communicate.

You don't help your case by criticising other people's credentials and ability to post when you have less experience in that respect that pretty much anybody else on here.

What's more, you have done all this while failing to make a valid point relating to the subject of the thread. You're going to have to try harder if you do not wish to be accused of trolling.
Reply 165
I can't be asked to deal with you....

We'll just end up arguing and to be honest you have completely missed my point. I won't bother replying to you any more.

Original post by kingsholmmad
PotKettle.png

I do so hate to sound pedantic but, frankly, if you are going to criticise others for inhabiting "their uneducated slum", you would do well to educate yourself to the point where you can express yourself in English at a level readily understood by those with whom you are trying to communicate.

You don't help your case by criticising other people's credentials and ability to post when you have less experience in that respect that pretty much anybody else on here.

What's more, you have done all this while failing to make a valid point relating to the subject of the thread. You're going to have to try harder if you do not wish to be accused of trolling.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RadiantA
I can't be asked to deal with you....

We'll just end up arguing and to be honest you have completely missed my point. I won't bother replying to you any more.

Having originally said that there was nothing wrong with your English (before editing that bit out), using a phrase like "I can't be asked..." doesn't make you look good.

It would seem logical that I have missed your point since that was not what I was addressing. Or had you missed that?

Replying to me and then twice editing that reply are not the actions of someone who is not going to reply but, since you are not going to reply, at least you won't need to worry about us arguing.
Reply 167
Actually, police are not convinced it is a hate crime and are investigating the family.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/us/shaima-alawadi-court-records-show-family-in-crisis.html

-The woman who was killed, Shaima Alawadi, was actually planning to divorce her husband and move to Texas.
-There was trouble between Shaima and her eldest daughter, Fatima. Fatima was caught by police having sex with an older man in a car and police had notified her mother.
-When police were interrogating Fatima on the day her mother was killed, police found that she had sent the following text “The detective will find out tell them cnt talk” to an unknown correspondent.

If the daughter was at home during the attack, how come she didn't hear it? Also, why would someone break into another person's house to commit a hate crime? Most hate crimes happen outside the house.
Reply 168
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57410556-504083/shaima-alawadi-iraqi-woman-killed-in-her-calif-home-was-planning-divorce-documents/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/us/shaima-alawadi-court-records-show-family-in-crisis.html

Actually, police are not convinced that it is a hate crime and are looking into the family. Shaima Alawadi was planning to file for divorce and move to Texas. Police found partially filled divorce papers in her car. Also, in Nov. 2011, her eldest daughter Fatima was caught by police having sex with an older man in a car and police had notified Shaima. On the drive home, Fatima had jumped out of the car and was admitted to the hospital. At the hospital, she told personnel there that she was being forced to marry a cousin. On the day of Shaima's murder, when detectives were interviewing Fatima, this text message was sent from Fatima's phone to an unidentified correspondent:
“The detective will find out tell them cnt talk."

If Shaima was killed while her daughter was at home, how come her daughter didn't hear it? And who breaks into someone's house to commit a hate crime? Also, the note found calling Shaima a terrorist was a photocopy, not the original. Just because someone leaves a hateful note does not prove a hate crime. You can kill someone you know and leave a note making it look like a random hateful person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending