Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it legit to keep a fish tank in car?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would it be legit to keep a fish tank with fish , in the space beneath the radio?
    they would get light,food etc
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think the motion of the car going over bumps etc. would scare the crap out of them if not kill them, would be a good talking point when people get in your car though :rolleyes:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why oh why would you want to do this? :facepalm:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Can't off the top of my head think of any legal reason why you couldn't...I'm sure animal activists would have something to say about it though haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the swag would be immense haha, and as said before its an excellent convo starter and v fun haha. surely if the tank is fitted to the space it would be legit?

apart from the fish being scared, is there any other obvious problems..(people sayin thats so cruel etc not including them)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Water would slosh everywhere...

How would you power the filtration system when the car's off?
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    With the weather being warm, the car will soon get too hot for them, and you'll end up with dead fish - it's just like the whole thing about leaving dogs in cars. And then in winter, the water will freeze, and you'll end up with dead fish.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How would you explain it to an insurance company? :lol:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yo I heard you like fish tanks...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandem2k11)
    the swag would be immense haha, and as said before its an excellent convo starter and v fun haha. surely if the tank is fitted to the space it would be legit?

apart from the fish being scared, is there any other obvious problems..(people sayin thats so cruel etc not including them)
    You say this as if it's an issue that should be casually overlooked. :erm:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    Water would slosh everywhere...

How would you power the filtration system when the car's off?
    If its a goldfish then a filter system is not needed.

Even though this is a troll thread, how would you ensure water didn't splash out onto wiring and potentially cause a fire? [worst case scenario]

You shouldn't need a fishbowl in your damn car to be able to start a conversation, tbh.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [B)
    mandem2k11[/B];36876924]the swag would be immense haha, and as said before its an excellent convo starter and v fun haha. surely if the tank is fitted to the space it would be legit?

:awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im not trolling haha im being serious

itd be so cool to have a tank of fish or even some next level tropical frogs in your car!

so:

have a tank
    insert water
    insert fish
    insert food
    clean tank
    insert filter thingie
    insert some light

am i missing anything?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Something to stop the water from both getting hot and freezing, without poisoning the fish.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of when Disco Stu kept goldfish in his boots.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure the fish would find it cool or next level.
    Someone mentioned Goldfish. As someone who really loves my two Goldfish I have to beg you not to put any in this tank if you ever manage to get one! I can't think of any type of Goldfish that wouldn't outgrow it really quickly, and they do need a filter.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandem2k11)
    im not trolling haha im being serious

itd be so cool to have a tank of fish or even some next level tropical frogs in your car!

so:

have a tank
    insert water
    insert fish
    insert food
    clean tank
    insert filter thingie
    insert some light

am i missing anything?

(Original post by Origami Bullets)
    With the weather being warm, the car will soon get too hot for them, and you'll end up with dead fish - it's just like the whole thing about leaving dogs in cars. And then in winter, the water will freeze, and you'll end up with dead fish.

That about sums it up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so what can i go in terms of temprature regulation?

also to whoever saidgoldfish will outgrow the scenery...they is goldfish, they forget everything all the time haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you go for a cactus, rather than fish? It won't suffer, will be low maintenance, doesn't mind the temperature... But would still be a great conversation starter! How many people do you know who drive around with a cactus on their dashboard?
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or, you could just have them in your home.

I am completely baffled as to why anyone would want to keep fish in their car.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 27, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.