Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Premier League TEAM OF THE SEASON?

Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    Did you put Scholes in for a laugh?
    Nope.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    Did you put Scholes in for a laugh?
    Utd fan* Yet no Evans or Carrick in his team.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Ox is good but how are you putting him ahead of Bale, Nani , Sturridge even
    I accept your verdict but i think Ox is better than those.

Sturridge is a good player but in my opinion he isn't capable to make the team of the season there are plenty of contenders ahead of him.

I am a Man U fan, but i decide not to include nani, he has had a great season but valencia has been better from the wings this season than nani.

Bale is one of the best in the premier league, it was very difficult to leave him out. But i wasn't willing to drop any of the other 4 for him. I accept he deserves a place.

Scott parker is another player who deserves a place.

I included Ox above others because i think he is the most effective player, he likes to get in play, he has more hunger and desire than others. Despite being 18 i consider him to be a key player for england's euro 2012 campain. He is in my opinion, the best english talent since rooney.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why so many people have Vermaelen in their teams and i'm an Arsenal fan, he's been great don't get me wrong but Koscielny has been the rock of our very shaky defence. He's also been injured for a lot of the season so :dontknow:

Skrtel has been very good and Cahill too, Lescott and Evans deserve a mention too.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Valencia, the world's greatest left-back.
    Valencia has been very effective this season so i had to find a place for him in the team. He is at the pinnacle of his career and i think him to be Man U's best player this season. It was very difficult to find a place for him so i had to settle for the full back option.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    How Vidc can be put in a team of the season when he's missed most of it, is truly baffling
    Vidic is a left back as well now apparently.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)
    Valencia has been very effective this season so i had to find a place for him in the team. He is at the pinnacle of his career and i think him to be Man U's best player this season. It was very difficult to find a place for him so i had to settle for the full back option.
    How about right midfield, Ox has played 400 minutes in the league :lol: Or how about Szczesny up front? He's been fantastic, and you really need to find a place for him in your team.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe909)
    Hart
    Richards Vermaelen Kompany Vidic
    Alex Ox Mata Song
    Torres RVP Aguero
    I would have accepted had you selected torres as a centre back, he will never score an own goal But torres as a striker is a joke.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hart

Richards
    Kompany
    Koscielny
    Enrique

Valencia
    Silva
    Scott Parker
    Bale

Rooney
    RVP

Manager: Brendan Rodgers (Swansea)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Nope.
    The guy's played how many games? I wouldn't even expect this kind of United bias from that Tommy guy
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    How about right midfield, Ox has played 400 minutes in the league :lol: Or how about Szczesny up front? He's been fantastic, and you really need to find a place for him in your team.
    I wrote in my first post that it was very difficult to leave out szczesny. The reason for hart was that he doesn't usually does any errors but szczesny sometimes makes errors but still he is deserving of a place. I will keep szczesny as second choice.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Krul
    Walker, Evans, Kompany, Enrique
    Valencia, Y.Toure, Parker, Mata
    RvP, Ba

Tbh, I don't watch all of the teams enough to accurately say, as is obvious by my team selection full of top 7 team players.

Major problem finding good defenders, major problem removing good attackers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive noticed non of you included Suarez like i did. In his career he scored 154 goals out of 274 appearances.......
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Krul
    Walker, Evans, Kompany, Enrique
    Valencia, Y.Toure, Parker, Mata
    RvP, Ba

Tbh, I don't watch all of the teams enough to accurately say, as is obvious by my team selection full of top 7 team players.

Major problem finding good defenders, major problem removing good attackers.
    There are many players who deserve a place more than Evans. I am a man u fan but i don't think evans is good enough to be in the team of the season. Vermealen deserves the place.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wrote in my first post that it was very difficult to leave out szczesny. The reason for hart was that he doesn't usually does any errors but szczesny sometimes makes errors but still he is deserving of a place. I will keep szczesny as second choice.
    My point was about playing a player in completely the wrong position just to get them in. Clearly any keeper from Vorm, Krul, Hart and Szczesny is a reasonable choice.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Vorm
    Richards
    Kompany
    Coloccini
    BAE
    Silva
    Yaya
    Song
    Dempsey
    RVP
    Aguero
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are many players who deserve a place more than Evans. I am a man u fan but i don't think evans is good enough to be in the team of the season. Vermealen deserves the place.
    Evans over Vermaelen this season. Evans has been your only reliable defender.

(Original post by ChelseaFCCC)
    Ive noticed non of you included Suarez like i did. In his career he scored 154 goals out of 274 appearances.......
    And how many this season? Stop trolling please.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    My point was about playing a player in completely the wrong position just to get them in. Clearly any keeper from Vorm, Krul, Hart and Szczesny is a reasonable choice.
    If Szczesny plays for chelsea then he can play as a striker as well because his finishing will be better than of torres.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    The guy's played how many games? I wouldn't even expect this kind of United bias from that Tommy guy
    Nine in the league. Now go look how many of them nine we won. (hint: its 8, the game we didnt win was the draw with chelsea where Scholes came on as a sub)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron
    George Osborne

Two hundred grand to 250 is premier league…
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17507447

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2012
New on TSR

A-level mocks revision

Chat about your study tips

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.