The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've only had two, i feel sick now.

Golden syrup and chocolate cookies and cream ice cream.
clockworkapples
And what do you think the best pancake topping is? Me and some friends have decided to eat nothing but pancakes all day. I think I might get a bit bored with the ol' sugar and lemon.

What about savory options?

Each with Golden Syrup and Sugar. Keeping it simple !

Yumz. :p:
Dinner soon, batters made, pancakes after :biggrin:
Reply 43
Arghhhhhh i feel SO sick. I had 1 with ice cream and maple syrup, and 4 with sugar and lemon *explodes* :eek: they were delicious tho :biggrin:
clockworkapples
And what do you think the best pancake topping is? Me and some friends have decided to eat nothing but pancakes all day. I think I might get a bit bored with the ol' sugar and lemon.

What about savory options?

I'm not going to get any pancakes today :frown:

The problems with being at uni... don't think I did last year either :rolleyes:
Reply 45
two and they were goooooooood :biggrin:
Reply 46
5 in the last hour, am really full now. all served with lemon and sugar
Reply 47
3!!
I've had 1.5, I got bored halfway through my second one and decided to eat half a melon instead.
I made some for all the guys in the flat; for some reason the girls used some ghastly mix from a packet stuff - smelt awful.

Persoanlly, I had 5, but I did about 20 of them.
Reply 50
I had one with bacon, peppers and onions, then two with sugar and apple sauce and one with sugar and raspberry jam. Yum.
Reply 51
I had 3 with lemon juice and sugar!
I haven't had any today, but I'll make some on the weekend. :smile:
Reply 53
harry_the_bear
6! With melted mars bar sauce and ice cream! :biggrin:

Harry

sounds lovely *gets up to get nutella pancake*
Reply 54
5/3 of a pancake :biggrin:

Yummy... even better since I made the batter myself for the first time :smile: Normally my mum makes it, and I toss them, but I'm at uni this year... :biggrin:
None. I can’t handle too much oil :frown:
Reply 56
3! Golden syrup and lemon juice is most delicious!
bluedreamer
None. I can’t handle too much oil :frown:

You should put little oil in the pan anyway, and then, throw the first pancake away as it is always more greasy.

Every subsequent pancake should be far tastier, and alot less oily.
Reply 58
i only had 1
Reply 59
As yet I have had NO pancakes :frown:
I thoroughly intend to follow through with tradition and have pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but today and yesterday I've been really busy, so my pancake day is going to be tomorrow.
For sweet pancakes I like crepes suzette (but I don't know how to make them properly) as well as the traditional toppings of maple syrup, or lemon and sugar.
Bolognese sauce is scrummy as a savoury topping :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending