Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Martial Arts Society

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    Injuries that stop you from doing martial arts are the worst :hugs:
    Totally spot on there matey, I felt totally useless when I was sat up with a dodgy ankle, it's horrible - specially when you love your club and your sport!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Totally spot on there matey, I felt totally useless when I was sat up with a dodgy ankle, it's horrible - specially when you love your club and your sport!
    I usually come back with a achy shoulder sometimes when I break - fall wrong or just get manhandled by an aggressive jitsuka but nothing much apart from that.. The worst I've had is a busted lip (from a ground fight) it was really bad but it healed up in about a week
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alreet Eloquence

5th kyu is Heian Yodan required, isnt it?

I have a competition coming up (Isle of Man Karate Federation annual competition) and the sparring in that will be shobu nihonme (2 points).

Oh, and I agree that injuries that stop you training are bad. Luckily I have only had minor achilles pulls and pulled muscles in my back that have kept me out for a week or two max.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am taking my first TKD grading on sat, I'll join. Cool I want a martial arts society icon, lets get one
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay!! Good luck in your grading ... The logo is on and you will have one once you join up ...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE]
    (Original post by Gaskell)
    Alreet Eloquence

5th kyu is Heian Yodan required, isnt it?

I have a competition coming up (Isle of Man Karate Federation annual competition) and the sparring in that will be shobu nihonme (2 points).
    There's an international competition coming up, you may want to check it out:
    http://shobu-ippon.com/events/default.asp
    I attended the one last year too and i came first place in Freestyle fighting and third in kata competition. But it's going to be international this year which will be challenging.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks its yellow tag on the white belt, looking forward to it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Eloquence]

There's an international competition coming up, you may want to check it out:
    http://shobu-ippon.com/events/default.asp
    I attended the one last year too and i came first place in Freestyle fighting and third in kata competition. But it's going to be international this year which will be challenging.
    Surrey? No chance of getting from Co. Durham down to there.

Alreet Laura, good to see you here

Good luck for the grading
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does any one here do more than 1 martial art. I did Karate for 3 years when I was little and one man had a black belt in Judo, Karate and Taekwondo. He was really old though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One of our instructors is 1st dan graded in TKD I think (he came into training in a dobok and blackbelt one session to save washing his gi) and will do pretty much anything he can get his hands on.

When I get to Uni I will be doing the same - Jujitsu and a weapons art to compliment Karate
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to do Jeet Kun-do in Uni. They use a sword as a weapon in that martial art i think and their style is cool.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaskell)
    One of our instructors is 1st dan graded in TKD I think (he came into training in a dobok and blackbelt one session to save washing his gi) and will do pretty much anything he can get his hands on.

When I get to Uni I will be doing the same - Jujitsu and a weapons art to compliment Karate
    Rock on with Jitsu!!! you will enjoy it mate :cool:

A black belt in Judo is pretty impressive @ Laura
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I'll stick to TKD one step at a time. But our instructor works us hard, I cannot believe how toned I am. All my old trousers are baggy, I am so happy. I'd be pleased to spend time doing another martial art, in fact martials all day if this continues. Batter than the gym
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is judo harder then? Some one else said that
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to my jitsu session soon.. we have a mock grading... hmmmm!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraWalker)
    Is judo harder then? Some one else said that
    Judo and Ju Jitsu are very similar 'cos Judo was derived from jitsu and they are both VERY demanding
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yer he did Jitsu too (boffin) LOL

Enjoy your training!!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and enjoy it (my shoulder hurts) .. you take care too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do judo and just started Tae Kwon do
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to do Judo, but my Mum would not let me. Now I am 23 I could do it just for revenge LOL

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.