The Student Room Group

The Martial Arts Society

Scroll to see replies

LauraWalker
Done my grading today, the meanie won't tell us if we passed until next lesson boo

Yikes! My club's Kyu grading was today! :eek:
LauraWalker
HOW WERID. Everyone had to leave the room, even my Mum when we did the grading (she came to watch to :frown: ). In karate we all used to watch each other. I thought it was very strange

My club's association does that for Dan gradings, but not Kyu gradings.
Reply 81
Its our grading time too. On Thursday we had a lad grade to 2nd kyu in one half of the hall and everyone else had the choice of watching or training on their own. Monday and Thursday will be the main grading nights and everyone will be watching. I cant grade so I might go to watch and take my gi so I can help with sparring and sanbon-gumite (3 step sparring).

Hope the grading went well Laura :smile:
Reply 82
NDGAARONDI
Anyone has any favourite martial artists? JJ Perry and Keithe Cooke are cool. :cool:

Jet Lee's not bad:biggrin: although i dont like him as an actor
Bruce Lee. I had a doll of him when I was little
Reply 84
any one heard of mas oyama? he was the founder of kyokushin karate. His power was unbelievable. He fought bulls bare handed!!!
Reply 85
Heard of Mas Oyama - from what I've read on another forum he wrecked his hands to the point that he couldnt hold a pen using a makiwara for knuckle conditioning.
Reply 86
Consider me joined. I'm a red tag at ITF TKD and have done some Ju-jitsu too.
Chris Casamassa is also pretty cool. :cool:
Reply 88
LauraWalker
Done my grading today, the meanie won't tell us if we passed until next lesson boo

HOW WERID. Everyone had to leave the room, even my Mum when we did the grading (she came to watch to :frown: ). In karate we all used to watch each other. I thought it was very strange

Goodluck :smile:; we get to know our grading results on the day.. :s: and we can watch gradings as far it is at or below your grading level
Reply 89
Cain
Consider me joined. I'm a red tag at ITF TKD and have done some Ju-jitsu too.
:cool:

By the way;you have joined too many societies so I can't process your application for this soc
Reply 90
The Randori nationals (held by the jitsu foundation) were great fun by the way :cool:.. though I didn't win anything, it was fun to compete in judo style ground - fighting and watch others too :biggrin:
Was nt in Doncaster, was it? At the place I did my grading there was a hugh event going on. Not TKD, they had fake ice axes and big sticks, it was very elegant and graceful, although that might seem hard to believe. There must have been at least 200 people and cameras and all sorts

I wonder what it was
Reply 92
No it was in birmingham.. it wasn't jitsu per say; was carried out judo style so no weapons :smile:
cool I wonder what the thing in Donny was?? Looked interesting. They all had different coloured team suits too.
Reply 94
Sounds interesting..hmmm!!

You heard anything about your grading yet?
Reply 95
Evening all. Just been to the first part of our club grading. Went to watch, spent over an hour outside the hall helping people with stuff for their grades.

What I saw of the low kyu grades was good though, but then I regularly teach those grades so I am expected to say that :biggrin:
Reply 96
Ah! sounds interesting :biggrin: are you an instructor?
Yeah got my first karate lesson in about a month! If its not my shoulder then it was my back, college work and pure exhaustion!
Wee, can't wait. Missed this term's grading. My little sister graded, go up to a red belt. Lil me only got a white/red stripe as I'm doing an netry level. My place is far too expensive to pay the full price for Black Belt Course then swan off too uni a 1/4 way through!
hello, its been a while since i posted here but i just had to join this society!
1st Dan Ju-Jitsu (WJJF) and takin 2nd Dan gradin on 25th March.
Started when i was 11 and now it's been 6 years. really my sensei is pushin it cuz i'm supposed to be 18 but he's 8th Dan and National Coach so he pulled some strings :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 99
telecastro_59
hello, its been a while since i posted here but i just had to join this society!
1st Dan Ju-Jitsu (WJJF) and takin 2nd Dan gradin on 25th March.
Started when i was 11 and now it's been 6 years. really my sensei is pushin it cuz i'm supposed to be 18 but he's 8th Dan and National Coach so he pulled some strings :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ju jitsu first Dan?! :eek: *Reis*

Quick Reply

Latest