Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Martial Arts Society

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon all! Welcome new peoples

Tonight is the last grading night, so I might get my coaching certificate done next week or the week after and we can get into so competition work!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaskell)
    Afternoon all! Welcome new peoples

Tonight is the last grading night, so I might get my coaching certificate done next week or the week after and we can get into so competition work!
    good stuff :yy:.. I hope your students do well
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I started Muay Thai back in September. So far I've refused to grade (I have bad panic disorder), but I'm hoping to get up the confidence to do it next time there's a grading.

(Can someone tell me how to officially join this soc? I'm feeling blonde)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, yes I did get my TKD yellow tag just had training
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraWalker)
    :party:

Well done!!!! :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    congrats Laura! and thanks for your rep
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraWalker)
    :yy:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madraykin)
    Hey, I started Muay Thai back in September. So far I've refused to grade (I have bad panic disorder), but I'm hoping to get up the confidence to do it next time there's a grading.

(Can someone tell me how to officially join this soc? I'm feeling blonde)
    click this ---->http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=4

look for the MA society at the end of the list (or close to the end) and click join and follow the instructions
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Can I join- I do Judo at school- used to do jitsu, before I went to senior school (had to quit and take up judo )- am now a yellow belt with 2 tabs.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can join ... Hope you are enjoying Judo which is er... calmer jitsu lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Laura!

Our grading last night went canny. Of 2 lads wanting to grade for 4th kyu, only one actually did with the other being "injured". Just as well the lad pulled out, because the lad who graded did a lot better on his own. He passed the grading and now starts the next stage of his learning - teaching and learning from lower grades.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys, don't worry about the rep, like I said your a black belt so I thought why not creep up to you. Gosh I am going to have to rep all the BBs now LOL
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

It's been a while, so I thought I'd check in and say hello to all my martial arts buddies! lol.

Had three great training sessions last week, we did some cool stuff - Bunkai and pair work, where you make up your own application of anything in the syllabus - so much fun, we had axe kicks, spinning reverse kicks, all sorts! lol. Also had a fantastic really hard warm up, my sensei made us sweat and I felt like a rubber band afterwards, you know sometimes you just need to feel like you've *really* worked hard? lol (or is that just me...?)

Anyways, training today and helping out with the kid's class - yippee!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.. I have been training since last saturday with a break of just 1 day lol; I pretty much dream of jitsu now :s:..by tomorrow I'll be :pwnd:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    better than dreaming of the Trade Descriptions act and consumer law
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got my 6th Kyu (Orange Belt) guys :party: :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nice,my gradings not till next sat. what was the format of your grading, what stuff u have to do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice one Dimexi!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Gaskell!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imaad)
    nice,my gradings not till next sat. what was the format of your grading, what stuff u have to do?
    The Examiner was REALLY strict ; because people from other clubs performed quite poorly, it brought the grades of everyone else down .. I Reckon I deserved a senior Orange (even my instructor said); but I didn't get it but hope yours goes well...

We did the normal stuff .i.e. breakfalling, armlocks, wristlocks and the throws..

We had to do knife defences in our V's even though it's not stated on the syllabus and some of the Yellows had to do a Circle as well :s:...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2013
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.