Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

deferred entry applicants 2013

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi

im applying deferred entry for medicine in october and was wondering if there was anyone else doing the same
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On the same boat here!

My country has something called National Service, conscription of sorts, so males have to serve 2 years in the military etc. Im currently an EMT with the Civil Defense so at least I get some medical exposure during these 2 gap years.

Yourself?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Doing national service as well and deferred as well. I think this will become a new kopitiam thread for medics.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    which country are u from?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    which universities are u goinf to apply to
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Singapore, Entering St. George's in 2013!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    might be not sure yet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why hello fellow NSFs, I have 11 more months to go before I get my freedom back lol.

Related to the topic, you guys done your IELTS yet? Or are you guys exempted from it? Both Glasgow and Newcastle need me to take the IELTS, taking it on May 26th. Still deciding between the two, leaning towards Glasgow but Newcastle has its perks too. Oh the dilemma.

(Original post by yoyo1994)
    hi

im applying deferred entry for medicine in october and was wondering if there was anyone else doing the same

Your title is a little misleading, I think you mean 2014 deferred entry if you're applying in October this year.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaTara)
    might be not sure yet

which unis r u going to apply to??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it harder to get in deferred?
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    which unis r u going to apply to??
    well tbh i might just apply in my gap year, because for me the whole purpose of the gap year would be so that I dont have to deal with ucas stress and a2 etc and if I got rejections during yr 13 it would really demotivate me.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaTara)
    well tbh i might just apply in my gap year, because for me the whole purpose of the gap year would be so that I dont have to deal with ucas stress and a2 etc and if I got rejections during yr 13 it would really demotivate me.
    i can understanf whar u mean. u need to do well in ur alevel at first attempt.
    the reason im applying deferred is cuz i have to finish memorising the quran before uni.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    i can understanf whar u mean. u need to do well in ur alevel at first attempt.
    the reason im applying deferred is cuz i have to finish memorising the quran before uni.
    hey,
    basically I mean I want to apply to university with my grades, but I'll see. If I get what I'm predicted for AS, I might apply this year, but the problem is I'm doing a hospital based research project, 2 medical summer schools and its ramadaan so I doubt I'll have enough time to do my ukcat and personal statement to the best of my ability
    Good luck with memorising the entire Quran

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.