The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Boo, March! Offers/rejections are nigh. :afraid:

Yeah but... no more winter! And an extra hour in bed! (which I completely miss because of time zones... :mad:)

What are you still waiting to hear from?
And Edinburgh unconditional makes it 3 unconditionals and a conditional. Getting happy feet at the thought of the forthcoming clean sweep :smile:
Original post by Enzo-259
Yeah but... no more winter! And an extra hour in bed! (which I completely miss because of time zones... :mad:)

What are you still waiting to hear from?

The sun was actually out this morning...and the other day!
Rooks are all building nests and displaying courtship now, so I guess this all gives me hope.

Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow - medicine.
I've been waiting for 5 months already. It just never ends. :tongue:
Reply 4
The sun was actually out this morning...and the other day!
Rooks are all building nests and displaying courtship now, so I guess this all gives me hope.

Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow - medicine.
I've been waiting for 5 months already. It just never ends. :tongue:

I think I heard from Aberdeen a couple of days before the deadline, after 2 rejections (Glasgow and Edinburgh) I had pretty much given up hope so when I got my offer I then went around for the next week (atleast) with this slightly maniac fixed grin :tongue:
I want to dig up Gregor Mendel and anally violate him with a tin of peas.
Original post by TheRabbit
I think I heard from Aberdeen a couple of days before the deadline, after 2 rejections (Glasgow and Edinburgh) I had pretty much given up hope so when I got my offer I then went around for the next week (atleast) with this slightly maniac fixed grin :tongue:

I don't think I can possibly imagine the relief you must've felt.

Original post by badumdumtscht
I want to dig up Gregor Mendel and anally violate him with a tin of peas.

My mind is full of ****.
What's wrong? Genetics doing your head in? :tongue:
My mind is full of ****.
What's wrong? Genetics doing your head in? :tongue:

Yes.

Like, what was wrong with cows, chickens, humans...? WHY PEAS?!
Yes.

Like, what was wrong with cows, chickens, humans...? WHY PEAS?!

It's taking all my powers of self-restraint to avoid giving a literal answer. :redface:
It's taking all my powers of self-restraint to avoid giving a literal answer. :redface:

Shut up. I don't care if they're easier or more available. :nothing:
Shut up. I don't care if they're easier or more available. :nothing:

More to the point, what's wrong with peas!?
More to the point, what's wrong with peas!?

They are so borrring.
Reply 12
I wish I'd studied biology in school. Maybe I just wish I'd studied the interesting parts, though. I think it's pretty cool that broccoli and sprouts are just the result of selective breeding from cabbages, though. (Perhaps breeding isn't the right word. I'm on my phone, I don't care.)
Reply 13
And so after spending months researching every piece of gear and making sure everything was as ultralite as possible, I finally loaded up my pack; food, water and all equipment.

It weighs 35 pounds... How the hell did this happen?!?!

I'm going to look like Igor by the end lol. :p:

One week to go! Bricking ittttt. :woo:
And so after spending months researching every piece of gear and making sure everything was as ultralite as possible, I finally loaded up my pack; food, water and all equipment.

It weighs 35 pounds... How the hell did this happen?!?!

I'm going to look like Igor by the end lol. :p:

One week to go! Bricking ittttt. :woo:

I thought you already did it for some reason. :s-smilie:

How's the gap yah been? Full of long, empty days? Boring? Fun? WELL?! :tongue:
Reply 15
I thought you already did it for some reason. :s-smilie:

How's the gap yah been? Full of long, empty days? Boring? Fun? WELL?! :tongue:

Hah, I wish!

It's been alright, I guess. I've come to realise who my real friends are, and become a lot closer to them in that respect. Made a few real good mates in the time too. It's funny how things change when you're no longer forced to speak to people. It's actually made me way more sociable. :p:

Not really done anything yet though. Just been working here and there for money, and to kill time basically. Shaved for the last time today though. From here on out, no razor is touching my face. :biggrin:

Done absolutely no prep for uni. I'll figure that out in the week I've got when I get back lol.

How are you getting on with uni then? Lots of crazy drunken nights? :L
Hah, I wish!

It's been alright, I guess. I've come to realise who my real friends are, and become a lot closer to them in that respect. Made a few real good mates in the time too. It's funny how things change when you're no longer forced to speak to people. It's actually made me way more sociable. :p:

Yeah. I remember when I left school at the end of S4 and my self-confidence rocketed because I could avoid them forever... :daydreaming: It's nice when all that crap sorts itself out.

Not really done anything yet though. Just been working here and there for money, and to kill time basically. Shaved for the last time today though. From here on out, no razor is touching my face. :biggrin:

I'd love to have all that freedom. I'd sit in bed all day watching TV. :awesome:

Done absolutely no prep for uni. I'll figure that out in the week I've got when I get back lol.

Don't worry about preparing for uni - just make sure you cover all the clerical stuff like SAAS, matriculation, halls etc... anything else can be dealt with when you get there. I wish I didn't spend my summer before obsessing over uni. :p:

How are you getting on with uni then? Lots of crazy drunken nights? :L

I'm really enjoying it (now...). It's really hard work at times but I get there eventually. The HN was REALLY good prep. for it as all the content is essentially the same except with more depth. :biggrin:

Not many drunken nights, unfortunately. I've actually went off alcohol and nights out now. :o:
Again?

**** off, mods.

Mr Dangermouse
x

I have returned, like a queen from exile :smug:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I have returned, like a queen from exile :smug:

Reply 19
Yeah. I remember when I left school at the end of S4 and my self-confidence rocketed because I could avoid them forever... :daydreaming: It's nice when all that crap sorts itself out.

I'd love to have all that freedom. I'd sit in bed all day watching TV. :awesome:

Don't worry about preparing for uni - just make sure you cover all the clerical stuff like SAAS, matriculation, halls etc... anything else can be dealt with when you get there. I wish I didn't spend my summer before obsessing over uni. :p:

I'm really enjoying it (now...). It's really hard work at times but I get there eventually. The HN was REALLY good prep. for it as all the content is essentially the same except with more depth. :biggrin:

Not many drunken nights, unfortunately. I've actually went off alcohol and nights out now. :o:

I basically have been sitting in bed watching tv lol. At the moment my show of the week is Twin Peaks. It's awesome! :biggrin:

It's the clerical stuff I've been freaking out about though lol. None of it has come yet, so I'm gonna have to try and deal with all this halfway across the world when it does. It all seems pretty simple, but I keep imagining I'll turn up in September and won't actually be registered as having a place. Meh, I can always take another gap yah... :wink:

Great to hear you're doing well! Surprised you're finding it so tough though. God, I'm gonna fail miserably. I can't remember anything beyond really simple chem. :s-smilie:

Have you finally figured a way to move out yet?

I'll be writing a journal btw. Would anyone actually be interested in reading it? I'm trying to see if it's worth posting online or not. :tongue:

Latest