Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

did the jewish faith invent racism?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by da_nolo)
    How is this logically sound when it details and even deals with misconceptions?

gentile means or at least refers to nation in latin. the Hebrew word is goy.

so how you coming about these translations?

...and no Judaism did not create racism.
    Goy/Goyim is actually yiddish not hebrew
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    In almost every conceivable way the Jews created a form of nationalism which took sides against its neighbours along social and religious boundaries. At times it could not have been any other way; at other times they chose to deliberately antagonise. The Talmud is a prime example of priestly fervent nationalism bordering on racism. The Jewish priests were organisers of the lower-classes, the wretched and the poor. They were adept at writing religious texts, combining other written material from their neighbours, in short: historical and mythical reinvention. At the same time they inverted the morality of their neighbours and attempted to conceal their racism (anti-Egyptian, anti-Assyrian, anti-Babylonian) within their written texts. In other words: priestcraft racism.

The priests took sides against their neighbours, wrote texts in order to shore-up support from amongst the mob. This is why Judaism has secret internal traditions - the Hiram Key, the Kabala, etc, that the priestly elite shielded its secrets from the flock. This is why the Talmudic Jews could not accept the New Testament. For them, they had their own secret teachings. Their hold on the Jewish people was enshrined in the laws of the Torah. They did not need a New Testament.

What happened? The Christian elite was a reinvention of the old Jewish religion. The priest, once again, came into the spotlight, and out of the growth of Christianity on a Pagan soil, a different form of racism emerged: anti-semitism. Christianity seemed to have inherited some of its racism from the Jews.
    Oh yes, The jewish people created this thing long before Greece, Egypt, Rome(?), Mongolia, Japan and any other grouped or organized people that acted similarly even without interacting with Jews.

oh and if said secret internal traditions are so secret and internal, how did you come about them? bet we all could just ask a Rabbi or any Jew what they are.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellsbells3032)
    Goy/Goyim is actually yiddish not hebrew
    And what is Yiddish?
    Isn't it a combination of Hebrew and German?

still I find translation websites that would describe the word as being in origion Hebrew.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And what is Yiddish?

still I find translation websites that would describe the word as being in origion Hebrew.
    Goy (Hebrew: גוי‎, regular plural goyim גוים or גויים) is a Hebrew biblical term for "nation".[1] By Roman times it had also acquired the meaning of "gentile".[2] The latter is also its meaning in Yiddish.

So technically its both. But its use in this manner is of Yiddish origin. Yiddish is about 90% german and 10% hebrew but written in hebrew script
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    How can anybody 'invent' an irrational aversion to persons possessing certain skin tones? :confused:
    Sorry dude, we know that you're not thick enough to think that "race" (for those who believe in such a concept) is merely about skin colour.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    If they did it certainly came back to bite them on the arse
    Hahahaha +1

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...tomorrow

Edit- PRSOM :sad:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    And what is Yiddish?

Nah, she's right. Goy is Yiddish. Yiddish words always seep into Hebrew.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepySheep)
    Nah, she's right. Goy is Yiddish. Yiddish words always seep into Hebrew.
    Yes, there maybe are few Yiddish words in Hebrew - just as there are a few in English. However, Goy is not one of them. Goy/Goyim is mentioned numerous times in the Hebrew bible meaning nation(s). Later it developed into the term used to call non-Jews.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frostmage)
    Yes, there maybe are few Yiddish words in Hebrew - just as there are a few in English. However, Goy is not one of them. Goy/Goyim is mentioned numerous times in the Hebrew bible meaning nation(s). Later it developed into the term used to call non-Jews.

I meant it's a Yiddish word specifically meaning non-Jews (it's never meant 'nation' in Yiddish as far as I'm aware...?).
    It meant nation in Biblical Hebrew but I've ever heard anyone use it to mean nation in Modern

Edit- Ooops, you're right :emo: I always thought the new meaning came from Yiddish and the old meaning from bib Hebrew. Apparently not though
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, The jewish people created this thing long before Greece, Egypt, Rome(?), Mongolia, Japan and any other grouped or organized people that acted similarly even without interacting with Jews.

oh and if said secret internal traditions are so secret and internal, how did you come about them? bet we all could just ask a Rabbi or any Jew what they are.
    I don't quite understand how your first point pertains to my initial argument.

Concerning your second point: we know about internal traditions because we have the literature. Plus, you can ask a Rabbi about them and he may be able to tell you what they contain. This is not to say that there weren't any secret teachings that we do not know about. We could say that about any civilisation, society or peoples.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roadlesstravelled)
    if one looks at the old testament and the talmud its clear that the first religion to codify race hatred is judism.

judism was talking about hating and exploiting 'gentiles' for thousands of years before gentiles even knew what a gentile was.

the proper name for gentiles is 'goyim'......which translates as cattle.

i ask this question because a lot of people on here go on about the evils of organised monotheistic religions -- christianity and islam -- and of course the father of these religions is judism.

so if these religions are so bad, then surely the blame must derive from the source -- ie, the judaic faith itself?

controversial question yes, but, logically sound. what do people think?
    Probably someone before them who was racist.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ithe first religion to codify race hatred is judism

judism was talking about hating and exploiting 'gentiles'

the father of these religions is judism.

the proper name for gentiles is 'goyim'
    the proper name for judism is judaism
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Concerning your second point: we know about internal traditions because we have the literature. Plus, you can ask a Rabbi about them and he may be able to tell you what they contain. This is not to say that there weren't any secret teachings that we do not know about. We could say that about any civilisation, society or peoples.

Think you missed the sarcasm dude
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    controversial question yes, but, logically sound.
    Ha ha, no. I don't think so, Tim.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, i don't think so. People always pick on something that's different about another person, after a while the bullying tends to get more extreme and physical against the people who are the same race (not just the first person).
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:

first statement notes that there were multiple groups or nations before the Israel - before Abraham - that maintained a since of pride or inward concern. a flop on the idea that Israel/Jews created a form of nationalism when other groups acted in similar if not same ways.

for the second.
    Thank you for acknowledging we know about something; which means its not really a secret. If there are things we don't know about then why hint towards them while speaking about things we do know about.

all I'm saying is that the sentence provided seemed a bit suggestive towards your earlier comments on how they could be racist. feeding the thought they could be sneaky buggers without saying it. just a tricky comment that does not add to a conversation or thread, but only feeds fears. lets curb that and keep to learning.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellsbells3032)
    Goy (Hebrew: גוי‎, regular plural goyim גוים or גויים) is a Hebrew biblical term for "nation".[1] By Roman times it had also acquired the meaning of "gentile".[2] The latter is also its meaning in Yiddish.

So technically its both. But its use in this manner is of Yiddish origin. Yiddish is about 90% german and 10% hebrew but written in hebrew script

(Original post by frostmage)
    gentile is from Latin which also means nation. it had been associated with non-Jews only because Jews themselves probably don't call themselves just plain old 'nation'.

they have more respect than that; so they most likely referred to themselves as "Chosen People" but in Hebrew. "goy kadosh" : as from the site below

not sure how correct this is but...
    http://www.jewfaq.org/gentiles.htm

so rather this be a means of misconceptions on our behalf ?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all racist. It doesn't matter what the original text was, they're all vile.

However, no one "invented" racism. Racism was and always will exist for one simple reason - we have a built in mechanism of disliking/mistrusting things that aren't the same as us. Of course in modern day it's due to a lack of education rather than simple instinct. We evolved intelligence so we may as well use it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all racist. It doesn't matter what the original text was, they're all vile.

However, no one "invented" racism. Racism was and always will exist for one simple reason - we have a built in mechanism of disliking/mistrusting things that aren't the same as us. Of course in modern day it's due to a lack of education rather than simple instinct. We evolved intelligence so we may as well use it.
    Islam is an all race religion? People of every colour are in it.
    Same for Christianity, and I have seen both black and white jews.

They aren't racist, you just hate religion, blinded in your ignorance you state things which are not true.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Study)
    Islam is an all race religion? People of every colour are in it.
    Same for Christianity, and I have seen both black and white jews.

They aren't racist, you just hate religion, blinded in your ignorance you state things which are not true.
    Racism isn't necessarilyabout skin colour. Anthropologically speaking, "racism" is hatred towards people of different ethnicities. Ethnicities are defined by culture. Culture is a particular ways of dressing, talking, worshipping a god and any other ideas that the group may share.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.