The Student Room Group

The Uni Revision Thread: Summer 2012!

Scroll to see replies

I have 3 2 hour exams- on the 11th, 14th and 18th of May, then I'm done for the summer. Haven't started any revision yet as I had 3 deadlines last week and I have another deadline on Thursday. Then another deadline just after Easter.
Love the thread! TSR is really motivating these days.
I've got so many exams I lost count of them, I'm just taking one at a time because if I wouldn't, I'd go mad :smile: Juggling coursework and revision is a bitch.

Today is when I start revising though - oh hai library!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Shadowplay
Love the thread! TSR is really motivating these days.
I've got so many exams I lost count of them, I'm just taking one at a time because if I wouldn't, I'd go mad :smile: Juggling coursework and revision is a bitch.

Today is when I start revising though - oh hai library!

Good Luck!! :biggrin:
Can't wait to have these essays done and out the way!!
What are you studying? :smile:
MOTIVATION. Think of this. This is after your last exam!

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
My first one is April 23rd, and the last is May 25th! How about you?

Wow, over a month then! My first is April 17th and last is on April 26th. I'm quite lucky it seems.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Wow, over a month then! My first is April 17th and last is on April 26th. I'm quite lucky it seems.

Wow! Yes! ahah month extra holiday :wink: *jealous*
Reply 26
Wow! Yes! ahah month extra holiday :wink: *jealous*

I still rather be going to Spain for 6 weeks :tongue:. To be honest i'm not really on holiday after exams. My 2nd year has all been rushed as i've got to go on placement between May-June. That's why the assignments were all due before Easter, then exams in a 2 week period and then placement after that. I'm still yet to find a placement though :sad:.
I still rather be going to Spain for 6 weeks :tongue:. To be honest i'm not really on holiday after exams. My 2nd year has all been rushed as i've got to go on placement between May-June. That's why the assignments were all due before Easter, then exams in a 2 week period and then placement after that. I'm still yet to find a placement though :sad:.

You'll find one, don't worry! :console:

Have you started applying?
INSPIRATION

Reply 29
You'll find one, don't worry! :console:

Have you started applying?

Amazing what changes in a day! Ha. I had a call back today and i now have a placement, yay. Now i can just concentrate on revising. I started off so well on Monday and Tuesday, yesterday i didn't do anything and then today i've not started yet.
Amazing what changes in a day! Ha. I had a call back today and i now have a placement, yay. Now i can just concentrate on revising. I started off so well on Monday and Tuesday, yesterday i didn't do anything and then today i've not started yet.

:woo: :woo: well done!!
Reply 31
:woo: :woo: well done!!

Thank you! :smile:

Does anyone revise using spider diagrams (i'm sure there is an actual name for them and not "spider diagrams" like you would say back in school...)

I find them an okay way to revise if you just want to remember key points and not huge amounts of information.
Thank you! :smile:

Does anyone revise using spider diagrams (i'm sure there is an actual name for them and not "spider diagrams" like you would say back in school...)

I find them an okay way to revise if you just want to remember key points and not huge amounts of information.

Mind maps? I'm not a fan of them personally because I find them hard to follow with everything scattered around but they seem to work for lots of people- school were always encouraging us to use them :smile:

Congrats on your placement btw! :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel
Mind maps? I'm not a fan of them personally because I find them hard to follow with everything scattered around but they seem to work for lots of people- school were always encouraging us to use them :smile:

Congrats on your placement btw! :smile:

Yes, mind maps! Haha, how did i forget what they were called? Yeah, i know what you mean. If it's like this... http://c665149.r49.cf2.rackcdn.com/images/support/mind_map_gallery/big_uses_of_mind_maps.jpg then it does get too confusing for me as there is quite a bit going on. I find them better as a way to start off revision, but in simple terms. Basically just to know what points i need to revise.
And thank you. :smile:
Made a revision timetable yesterday, gonna be a horrible easter break, but will be worth it :smile:
I have three exams(well one is a smaller one hr class test but is actually going to be just as hard as a proper exam) and one computer related test.

I have done a bit for computer test as it comes first. But I have four assignments still to do, two are due in April 13th, I'm doing one currently and still have the other to do, both big..ugh. Other two are both due in like May 5th..no idea how I'm going to balance revision for the April 28th test and doing those..

Then my computer test is April 12th, just going to cram a few definitions the day before tbh, rest is just using excel.

Class test April 28th. So I have two weeks to learn things for that, NOT looking forward to it at all, we've done case studies not content but we suddenly get 25 mark questions on defining terms?!

Then May 14th. I need to pick exactly which areas to revise as the past papers show a lack of diversity in questions. Basically...a few main ones come up each time but re-worded, I'm interested in the module so it shouldn't be too much of a strain to revise for two weeks.

Last one is May 24th. Not so hot on this module..it got split into two parts, I hated the second part. Since we pick 50% of the questions to answer I'm focusing revision on the first half content and just one or two concepts from the second part, just hope the right questions come up.
Currently doing some work for my oral exams; I keep confusing my languages. NOT cool! :stupid:
April makes exams seem a lot closer :frown:
Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel
April makes exams seem a lot closer :frown:

I know :frown:
BUT we can do it :biggrin:
I know :frown:
BUT we can do it :biggrin:

Positive Mental Attitude :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending