The Student Room Group

The Uni Revision Thread: Summer 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel
Positive Mental Attitude :biggrin:

Gets you a long way!
I'm taking a break from revision today :tongue:

Have six 2.5 hour exams in May, first lot of uni exams so really worried about them, but will hopefully feel more confident once more revision has been done.

Stressing about finding a summer job though which isn't helping the exam focus!
I feel really burnt out atm...I need to revise a different module I think.
Coursework done and submitted,

revision is allowed to begin!!
Revision is really going downhill- I can't seem to get anything done and nothing is going in :frown:
Reply 45
Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel
Revision is really going downhill- I can't seem to get anything done and nothing is going in :frown:

Same problem :frown:
Finally started revising, I'm so much more motivated for Politics and International Relations than American History which is a shame as I still have an essay on American History to do and I know the least about it.
Ok, have exams 14th, 16th, 17th and 24th May for 3 hours each.

Or 4 if you get extra time like I do, plus I get to type up exams :biggrin:

14th - EU law - not looking forward to this, got a 38 in the assignment so need anything between 40-58 in the exam to pass/get a 2:2 for the module.

16th - Politics - bit apprehensive as it's worth 100% of the module, but we get a pre-release soon so that's ok.

17th - Criminal law - not looking forward to this either, got 50 in our moot so want to try and better that in the exam. Revision lecture on April 23rd should tell us which topics to revise.

18th - Land law - I'm not worried about this one, got 58 in the assignment so I'll be happy if I get about the same in the exam. Should get the pre-release for it in a week or 2.

Have been copying up EU lectures for about 6 days now and have done 18/19, so just need to do the last one tomorrow, decide what topics I want to revise, then do OneNote pages of info/cases/statutes/journals to use, as well as a definitions list.

Next week I'll copy up the Politics lectures before deciding which topics to do (shouldn't take me too long as there's only about 10 or 11 lectures due to it being a half-module.

Will look at Land once the pre-release is out (all of our exam is based on the stuff in the pre-release, so no point writing up lectures for that one).

Will look at Crim once we've had the revision lecture (I won't be there for that though so I hope it will be up on Blackboard).

The one thing that's annoyed me is that they've suddenly started to timetable stuff for the 2 weeks before the exams (ie lectures/seminars) - I looked at my timetable during the 1st/2nd week of March and I had nothing from 26th March-14th May, so I don't know why they've suddenly added stuff. I won't be there for 3rd-7th May anyway as I'm at Disneyland with the family.
Revision :unsure:
Reply 49
I did two hours today.
Will do some more later.
There's this essay I have to research but Alas, I am on TSR :smile:
Great thread.... although I've not done anything since the start of these Easter hols :redface:... yes I have trouble motivating myself to actually do some work! :facepalm:
Reply 51
Reading this makes me extremely thankful for my timetable and my exam lengths ha :laugh:
I have no time to revise over Easter this year, like every year here lol. We get set too many assignments and this yea I have the dissertation on top of it as well.

My deadlines:
Dissertation, 12,000 words - 24th April
Two 3,000 word essays - 9th May

Exams: 23rd, 24th, 28th and 30th May, all two hous each.

I have written one 3,000 word essay and have the conclusion left to write on my dissertation, but the next week will be spent editing ans redrafting it. The last week will be spent reading and planning my last 3,000 word essay and then writing it. Hoping everythign will be finished by the time I go back to Uni (23rd April) and can then start revising. One week per exam is what it will work out as, so fingers crossed that it is! Last year I did a week per exam and that was for 3 hour exams, so hopefully will be fine!

I wish I could revise now though!!
Original post by xxlovetodancexx
Literally have no motivation left......I don't remember what it feel like when you don't have any work to do

I know the feeling.

Keep going, and think of how good you'll feel when its done! Although its hard now, it will be worth it :smile: :hugs:
I'm off to the library this morning, just getting dressed :sadnod:
Original post by cpdavis
I'm off to the library this morning, just getting dressed :sadnod:

Good luck! How's your revision going?
Today, I'm aiming to:

-Finish of politics essay
-Get another 100 words (at least) on my literature essay
-Revise grammar for all languages: Subjunctive forms
-Vocab and key expressions for oral exams
-Revise basic linguistic policies for Basque, Catalan and Galician
Original post by cpdavis
Revision :unsure:

:unsure:
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Good luck! How's your revision going?

Well I've gotten through 1 of my 8 modules completely and aim to try and finish another one today. But the only I'm trying to complete is hard, long and boring :yawn: How about you? :hugs:
Original post by cpdavis
Well I've gotten through 1 of my 8 modules completely and aim to try and finish another one today. But the only I'm trying to complete is hard, long and boring :yawn: How about you? :hugs:

Eugh :yawn:
Well, I'm also bogged down with essays, so I'm trying to get through those as well as revision. Its going okay....I'm realising that there is an awful lot to get through! Darn essay-based modules :P :creep:
I'm relying on lots of cups of tea to get me through :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest