The Student Room Group

The Uni Revision Thread: Summer 2012!

Seeing as there was a thread like this for A level revisers last year, I though we should have a uni one. Post your revision plans, tips etc and ask any questions. Hopefully people will be able to help you out :smile:
I found this great for motivation last year, and even found 3 revision buddies which really helped :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I have loads to do :frown: I have 6 3-hour exams in summer and I'm so behind atm. I still can't seem to motivate myself to do more than bitty revision in front of the TV though :frown:
Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel
I have loads to do :frown: I have 6 3-hour exams in summer and I'm so behind atm. I still can't seem to motivate myself to do more than bitty revision in front of the TV though :frown:

Same; all of mine are 3 hours, and some are even on weekends :frown: At the moment, I'm trying to get through my 5 essays...then I will move onto revision >_<
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Same; all of mine are 3 hours, and some are even on weekends :frown: At the moment, I'm trying to get through my 5 essays...then I will move onto revision >_<

Yeah I have one on a Saturday :frown: I'm quite lucky overall in my exam timetable though because I have a day between most of them for last minute revision. They're also all in the morning except one to get them out of the way and have the rest of the day for revision for the next one.

Good luck with your essays :smile:
Yeah I have one on a Saturday :frown: I'm quite lucky overall in my exam timetable though because I have a day between most of them for last minute revision. They're also all in the morning except one to get them out of the way and have the rest of the day for revision for the next one.

Good luck with your essays :smile:

Yes, you always need a day to rewire your brain! haha :smile:
What are you studying?
Thank you!
This is a good idea :smile:.

I cant even focus on my exams yet still far too much coursework :frown: first exam is May 2nd!
Original post by beckaboos.
This is a good idea :smile:.

I cant even focus on my exams yet still far too much coursework :frown: first exam is May 2nd!

Same. I'm trying to get all of my essays out of the way. My first exam is April 23rd. Bring on May 25th: Last exam! :biggrin:
Yes, you always need a day to rewire your brain! haha :smile:
What are you studying?
Thank you!

I'm doing Natural Sciences (Maths and Chemistry) at Durham, 2nd year :smile:
How are you finding Hispanic Studies? I did Spanish AS but by that point the speaking exams were stressing me out far too much to carry on :tongue:
I'm doing Natural Sciences (Maths and Chemistry) at Durham, 2nd year :smile:
How are you finding Hispanic Studies? I did Spanish AS but by that point the speaking exams were stressing me out far too much to carry on :tongue:

Its damn hard! ahah Not so much the languages (Spanish, Portuguese and Catalan), but the module content. A lot of politics and political science! Really interesting though! :smile:
Same. I'm trying to get all of my essays out of the way. My first exam is April 23rd. Bring on May 25th: Last exam! :biggrin:

April 23rd ouch.

I am going back to uni that day from my easter break (which doesnt start till the 5th april :'() to revise in peace. But right now i am writing a lab report on crushing bricks, and feeling like i wanna crush my head against something right now lol.

My last exam is May 21st. Cant wait!!!!!!!
Original post by beckaboos.
April 23rd ouch.

I am going back to uni that day from my easter break (which doesnt start till the 5th april :'() to revise in peace. But right now i am writing a lab report on crushing bricks, and feeling like i wanna crush my head against something right now lol.

My last exam is May 21st. Cant wait!!!!!!!

Yep...Cannot wait for summer!
I'm teaching in Spain for 6 weeks :biggrin:
Reply 11
Yep...Cannot wait for summer!
I'm teaching in Spain for 6 weeks :biggrin:

Ooo, so jealous! Where in Spain?

3 hours exams sound horrible! I'm glad i haven't come across one yet!

I started revising today now all my assignments are out of the way and i've finished for Easter already. First exam is April 17th.

I guess i just make notes from the lecture slides, then get some theory from books to back it up and then plan what i might say in my answer. I'm quite lucky this year as i've been given a specific topic for each exam so i have an idea on what it's about so i know what theory i can use to back it up. I hate exams though, my overall mark always goes down because of my exam grade.
Reply 12
I have two 3 hour exams, two 2 hour ones and an hour and a half one. Plus 3,500 words to write (needs to be good as the rest of the module was group work - enough said) :frown:

Essay due - April 20th
First exam - May 10th
Last exam - May 29th
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by ra-ra-ra

The only 3hr one I've had so far was an Accounting one so it wasn't writing essays for three hours straight, unlike the two I have in May. Dreading it.
Ooo, so jealous! Where in Spain?

I started revising today now all my assignments are out of the way and i've finished for Easter already. First exam is April 17th.

I guess i just make notes from the lecture slides, then get some theory from books to back it up and then plan what i might say in my answer. I'm quite lucky this year as i've been given a specific topic for each exam so i have an idea on what it's about so i know what theory i can use to back it up. I hate exams though, my overall mark always goes down because of my exam grade.

In Tarragona :biggrin:

I've got 10,000 words worth of essays to write >_< I'm getting there....slowly. Once they are out of the way, I'm going to start revising. I'm going to condense my notes; I find writing things out again helps me to get into revision mode at the beginning :smile:
Reply 15
Turn the internet off, I have problems flicking through the web or sites like armor games if not....
Reply 16
Original post by Kim-x
The only 3hr one I've had so far was an Accounting one so it wasn't writing essays for three hours straight, unlike the two I have in May. Dreading it.

I bet the hand will ache after that too if you're just constantly writing!

In Tarragona :biggrin:

I've got 10,000 words worth of essays to write >_< I'm getting there....slowly. Once they are out of the way, I'm going to start revising. I'm going to condense my notes; I find writing things out again helps me to get into revision mode at the beginning :smile:

Not too far from Barcelona then. Very jealous, 6 weeks would be beautiful there. Even though we seem to be having our fair share of nice weather now, i'd still rather be in Spain!

My revision pattern is quite the same, to write it out again and again. I'm not one of those people who can just read it and it gets stuck in my head or they can type it up on the computer, i have to write it down myself. When are your exams?
I bet the hand will ache after that too if you're just constantly writing!

Not too far from Barcelona then. Very jealous, 6 weeks would be beautiful there. Even though we seem to be having our fair share of nice weather now, i'd still rather be in Spain!

My revision pattern is quite the same, to write it out again and again. I'm not one of those people who can just read it and it gets stuck in my head or they can type it up on the computer, i have to write it down myself. When are your exams?

My first one is April 23rd, and the last is May 25th! How about you?
I've got a small computer related test on April 13th but that's not that bad and I can just quickly read over the main areas the day before basically.

First proper exam is April 28th, dreading it as we've just done case studies and not much content. But I looked at a past paper uploaded and it asks 25 mark questions on describing certain terms in detail and doesn't really discuss case studies?! :frown:

Then the other two are May 14th and May 24th.

I haven't started revision for them at all yet because I still have 4 assignments to do. I'm trying to do one now but it's a bugger to find any journals.

From now one everything I do, as in every assignment, every test etc, is each worth 10 credits to their respective modules. Thus I'm sort of hoping good assignment grades will balance out not as good exam results :tongue:.
Teaching in Spain over summer sounds awesome :biggrin:

I've done 3 hours of revision so far today. It was quite productive but I need to do more if I'm going to fit everything in. My exams are May 14th-May 23rd.

Quick Reply