The Student Room Group

Have you ever changed or wanted to change your name?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
My middle name, James is the traditional 'Lowson' name as it were. - My granddad's middle name was James, I have an Uncle James, a cousin who is an Andrew James, and as I said, my brother is called James.

It comes down to - my mum told me that someone asked her in the maternity ward whether she really liked Matthew James as a name. - Mum said that of course she liked it - that's why she picked it didnt she? She also told me the name of the little girl born to the lady who'd asked her the question, a name which she thought was hilarious. But being polite said she thought it was a lovely name.

*not telling in case the poor girl is around TSR :ninja:*

You share the same first and middle name as my Uncle.
Reply 141
Original post by danielleelizabethx
could also be something likeeee.. thomas thomas? o:

Yes it could be :smile:
I use several different monikers in my writing, in addition to sometimes introducing myself to persons in real life as said names.

First names include:

Marco
Montgomery (Monty)
Barry

The last one is for grins.
Well I went from James Gatz to Jay Gatsby and then all hell broke loose.
Original post by Annie72
You share the same first and middle name as my Uncle.

It must be something about names rolling together. I know about 15 other Matthews and I think all but two have James as the middle name.
Reply 145
I have a friend on Facebook who I went to primary school with. One of their friends has a baby boy and this girl I'm friends with posted pictures of this boy on Facebook. The album's name is Diesel. I thought this was a weird name for a photo album...

It's an even weirder name for the kid. That's going to be a deed poll case in a couple of years.
I want to change my name, but i dont think i will. I have an Indian name picked by my uncle. I cant pronounce my name properly but a lot of people say that my name is 'beautiful' and i dont understand why.
Reply 147
Original post by puddingandpie
I haven't got a middle name and would really like to give myself one. I love the name Blanche (from watching Upstairs Downstairs) because it sounds really old fashioned but lovely.

Has anyone else ever changed their name? Or would you want to in the future?

How difficult is it, I think you do it via Deed Poll

That's brill, I only clicked on this thread because it reminded me of, when watching Upstairs, Downstairs, I made a comment about how I've always liked the name Persephone and my mum joked that I should change it. Obviously that show has some really great names...!
Was thinking about switching my first name and middle name around for a while... not that there's anything really wrong with my first name but it's just pretty common "/ My middle name however isn't so. Although my full name said with my first name and middle name switched around doesn't sound as good. Was also thinking of changing it so my first name was my first name and middle name put together but that would make it pretty long...
I've always wanted to be called Master. Might change my name to Master Beyshon :cool:

(just don't ever say it fast in a Northern accent)
No, but if I had to change my name for any reason, despite being a girl I would change my name to Joe Bloggs. :smile:
Never changed it, never will.
I considered getting the diaeresis removed from the top of the e in my name (Zoë) but I never bothered with it. Makes it a bit more unusual and it's not like I get offended when people don't add them in.

Quick Reply

Latest