The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Wolverhampton FRESHERS September 2012! :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hey, I'm Angie, 26 and from Wolves already so not having to move. I'll be studying Psychology and most looking forward to making new friends and boozy lunches in the Royal London :smile:
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by farrow000
I'm Andrew 22 from Cambridge, went to college in Peterborough.

Studying Film & Video Production in September and be living in en suite on the City campus

YAY, fellow peterborough-ian (I'm not sure what we call ourselves).

Are you ready for the black country accent instead of our good old farmers accent??
Reply 82
Original post by Nayomii
Found out today, City Ensuite :smile:

:biggrin: Awesome, hopefully I'll see you there.
did everyone get thier places then?

and is anyone else here doing Broadcasting and Journalism? let me know!
Original post by l.west191
YAY, fellow peterborough-ian (I'm not sure what we call ourselves).

Are you ready for the black country accent instead of our good old farmers accent??

cool what college did you go to in Peterborough? What course did you study and what course you studying at Wolverhampton?

I don't really have the accent, people tend to think I'm from London which i'm not.
Reply 85
cool what college did you go to in Peterborough? What course did you study and what course you studying at Wolverhampton?

I don't really have the accent, people tend to think I'm from London which i'm not.

I went to Sixth Form in Market Deeping, I studied Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and History but I'm studying special needs and inclusion studies with deaf studies, hopefully so I can be a teacher for deaf children.

Ahhhh, I need another accent, I don't really have a very lincolnshire-y accent either but I know that I have a habit of picking up really strong accents if I'm around them long enough. I'm a bit scared of coming back to the fens and nobody being able to understand me :colondollar:
I went to Sixth Form in Market Deeping, I studied Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and History but I'm studying special needs and inclusion studies with deaf studies, hopefully so I can be a teacher for deaf children.

Ahhhh, I need another accent, I don't really have a very lincolnshire-y accent either but I know that I have a habit of picking up really strong accents if I'm around them long enough. I'm a bit scared of coming back to the fens and nobody being able to understand me :colondollar:

wow you must of been pretty smart to study all of those. Deaf studies sounds like a interesting course.

I wouldn't worry about your accent, there will be people from all over the place so you won't feel the odd one out. I am more worried about getting along with people myself.
Reply 87
wow you must of been pretty smart to study all of those. Deaf studies sounds like a interesting course.

I wouldn't worry about your accent, there will be people from all over the place so you won't feel the odd one out. I am more worried about getting along with people myself.

What did you study? (or have you already said and I missed it?)

I'm sure you'll get along with people just fine. Are you staying in halls?
What did you study? (or have you already said and I missed it?)

I'm sure you'll get along with people just fine. Are you staying in halls?

I studied film making at Peterborough Regional College and continuing it at Wolverhampton.

Yeah I will , be living in a en suite on the city campus. Don't know what room I have yet and where the building actually is. Sure I'll get a letter or something explaining it all because I don't where to go once I get there.
Reply 89
Original post by flyleaf
Hey, I'm Angie, 26 and from Wolves already so not having to move. I'll be studying Psychology and most looking forward to making new friends and boozy lunches in the Royal London :smile:

I Might even see you there, I love the Royal London for a nice bottle of magners during my breaks between lectures :smile:

Don't worry about you're accent, hardly anyone understands me :wink: Just speak slow and you should be fine :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by BilsyBob
Hey Nick! Yeh don't worry it's me xD
Results were a bit meh... CCD, could have been worse but I wasn't particularly pleased either, oh well, at least Uni accepted :smile:

You got the same grades as me! At least you're in uni anyway, I had to change after a year because I messed up, so as long as you don't do the same you'll be fine!
Reply 91
Original post by LepreJohn
Don't worry about you're accent, hardly anyone understands me :wink: Just speak slow and you should be fine :smile:

I'm not too worried when I'm in Wolverhampton as I don't have a very strong accent, but around strong accents I start to mimic them without noticing and when I get home, I'm sure nobody will understand. It'll be ridiculous :smile:

I studied film making at Peterborough Regional College and continuing it at Wolverhampton.

Yeah I will , be living in a en suite on the city campus. Don't know what room I have yet and where the building actually is. Sure I'll get a letter or something explaining it all because I don't where to go once I get there.

I went to have a look around the accommodation today, they're all together and quite close to the campus. They were quite small because of the en-suite but it's do-able.

I don't think anyone knows which room we're in until we get there but I did get told today that they try and put us in flats with other people from our course so we can get to know each other :smile:
Reply 92
I'm not too worried when I'm in Wolverhampton as I don't have a very strong accent, but around strong accents I start to mimic them without noticing and when I get home, I'm sure nobody will understand. It'll be ridiculous :smile:

I went to have a look around the accommodation today, they're all together and quite close to the campus. They were quite small because of the en-suite but it's do-able.

I don't think anyone knows which room we're in until we get there but I did get told today that they try and put us in flats with other people from our course so we can get to know each other :smile:

One of my flatmates picked up a little bit of my accent and started copying some of the slang I used :biggrin:

I met a few people who facebook last year well quite a load of freshers, two of them turned out to me by flatmates, I had mostly all English corridor apart from 1 Chinese guy I got lucky with that.

The rooms are quite small I stayed in en-suite last year however they are decent size however, shower is a bit small tho tbh but it was nice.
Reply 93
One of my flatmates picked up a little bit of my accent and started copying some of the slang I used :biggrin:

I met a few people who facebook last year well quite a load of freshers, two of them turned out to me by flatmates, I had mostly all English corridor apart from 1 Chinese guy I got lucky with that.

The rooms are quite small I stayed in en-suite last year however they are decent size however, shower is a bit small tho tbh but it was nice.

Yeah, small is a slight understatement. I don't quite understand how they're making room in the kitchen for comfy seating etc but heigh-ho :smile:
Reply 94
hey im waqas 18 gonna be studying construction management in wolvs uni, gonna be living in telford accommodation and studying at the school of tec, dunno what campus it is :smile: looking forward to having a loooooooad of free time :smile:
Reply 95
Yeah, small is a slight understatement. I don't quite understand how they're making room in the kitchen for comfy seating etc but heigh-ho :smile:

The ensuite kitchens were big last year compared to randall lines and also standard :P I love love to see what the sofas and stuff look like this year.

Have you met people yet going to Wolves? I'm in a few groups atm I could invite you to on facebook if you wish, just pm your facebook profile link and I'll add you into them
Reply 96
The ensuite kitchens were big last year compared to randall lines and also standard :P I love love to see what the sofas and stuff look like this year.

Have you met people yet going to Wolves? I'm in a few groups atm I could invite you to on facebook if you wish, just pm your facebook profile link and I'll add you into them

That's a big kitchen?? Wow I'm glad I got en-suite. We get TV's too but have to buy our own TV license between the flat.

I know like one or two people but I still haven't found anyone doing my course or anything like my course, I'll send you my link :smile:
Hi, I am Rimzan, 22 from Sri Lanka and I will be studying Computer Networks at the City Campus,
I'm looking forward to meet lots of new people, Make loads of new friends, Having tons of fun and yeah Studying :wink:
Reply 98
Hi guys:-)

I'm Danielle, 18 and live in Birmingham but moving into (hopefully, as it isn't confirmed yet) Standard Accommodation. I'll be studying English and Creative/Professional Writing on City Campus! I'm excited and nervous about the whole prospect of meeting new people and moving away from home but I'm hoping it'll all work out fine.

If you're on the same course as me don't be shy aha. Can't wait.
Reply 99
Original post by dlbreese
Hi guys:-)

I'm Danielle, 18 and live in Birmingham but moving into (hopefully, as it isn't confirmed yet) Standard Accommodation. I'll be studying English and Creative/Professional Writing on City Campus! I'm excited and nervous about the whole prospect of meeting new people and moving away from home but I'm hoping it'll all work out fine.

If you're on the same course as me don't be shy aha. Can't wait.

Hi Danielle :smile:

I'm Laura, I'm not on your course, but just thought I would say hi as we're both on city campus :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending