Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Justin Bieber - Boyfriend .. thoughts?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    OMG ME TO0O0O0O0O!!!111!!!ONE!!

/joke, no homo
    :indiff:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yumnaarrhhh)
    :indiff:
    if i was your boyfriend :moon:

JOKE
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's playing on Capital now .. wooo
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    No.

But the cast of Eastenders constists of several ex-prostitutes, a guy that works in a second hand car lot, people that work on market stalls, several cleaners, several greasy spoon kichen workers etc. Alan Sugar is evidently intelligent enough to have an acute business sense and be good at cracking puns, while many cast members in Eastenders struggle to know where countries outside of the UK are.

Right.

But the point you're missing is this: you claimed me to be pretentious for using language more complicated than the most basic and for thinking Justin Bieber's music is mass produced crap with no real point, lyrical talent or anything that makes music appeal. The fact that you like cultural things - apparently - has no relation to liking Justin Bieber.

I assume nothing about your musical tastes. However, listening to **** music is still listening to **** music, whether or not you claim to be 'fun' or part of a wider taste. While something being good or bad is largely subjective, meaningless lyrics set to a totally forgettable melody is hardly something that isn't bad music.

How is Justin Bieber fun? It's music, which can lead to you having fun, and you might enjoy it, but the act of listening to music isn't defined by most people as having fun.

That's the perfect example of trying to use one, basic, word to encompass various different things. A t.v. programme can be lighthearted and 'fun', but classing watching it as 'fun' is both an odd definition, and not the same sort of fun you'd expect to have when doing something like riding a rollercoaster or skiing.

I never said anything about liking things because they are fun. I'd call it moronic to like things simply because they 'get you going' and are 'fun', while claiming anything else is pretentious, which is what you were saying before this message. Your original point was that anything more complex than something with no depth whatsoever was pretentious, or that was certainly where your argument concluded.

The only thing I'm 'judging' is you writing in the most basic, barely intelligible, manner and then claiming everything else is pointless or pretentious.

It's phrases like 'showing off competition' which lead me to ask whether you're a moron.

Language is a means of expression. Words and language have subtle nuances and meanings. Trying to use blanket terms, like using fun to mean everything that a wider range of vocabulary would, is not being understated, it's making yourself harder to understand. It isn't 'showing off' to use an adult vocabulary as an adult.

Your logic is pretty patchy, but I'll ignore that to try and focus on the point you're attempting to make.

As I've said, I'm an adult. I use an adult vocabulary. This is a forum for students, those in voluntary education, from the ages of 16 (at the youngest) up to university age; 18-21, older students, postgraduate students, mature students etc. As such, it's not 'Theschoolchildroom'. It comprises mostly adults. So using an adult vocabulary seems perfectly acceptable, and not prententious.

The only 'complex' seems to be your inferiority complex. You seem to feel that anyone using an adult's vocabulary on a site broadly intended for adults and adult discussion is somehow an attempt to belittle you or try and prove something.

No, you said not every detail in every thing had to be analysed to make it worthwhile, which was an argument that I was never making. Your argument was that you like things because they're fun, and that liking anything that requires more mental exertion than kid's t.v. and kid's music was somehow pretentious.
    we aren't going to agree and i honestly can't be bothered to read that let alone break it down... it's so pointless... i like justin bieber, don't really see the problem with that. you don't like his music, i don't care thats cool with me... i don't agree with your opinion on what people should be doing, i don't agree with how you seem to think doing something because it's fun is pointless and not worthwhile... i don't like how you think that makes you better/more intelligent and i don't like how you think you can make sweeping judgements about me and people i associate with because of one singer i happen to like but... whatever.. i dont know you so... *shrugs*

maybe i will read it tomorrow and reply when i have more energy, however i doubt it because a quick glance at one sentence in there as i was scrolling down i can see you calling me a moron again... if you want to insult me, cool, fine.. you don't know me and therefore your opinion on that doesn't matter.. but then don't expect me to actually listen to and respect anything you have to say, when the reason you give for me being a moron doesn't actually have anything to do with my intelligence... it just looks like you're throwing your toys out the pram because you can't actually respond to the point i made.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    OMG ME TO0O0O0O0O!!!111!!!ONE!!

/joke, no homo
    you aren't fooling anyone... it's probably on repeat right now..

like it is for me :sigh:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)

Cant fool you Bellissima :cool:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohPUHLEAZE)
    Bieber fans scare me. Partly because they enjoy such terrible music and partly because they're so damn obsessive!
    This blog post - http://www.humorous-status.com/2012/...omething-else/ - shows what I mean.

I now expect an insane amount of bad rep..
    hahahahaha I knew they were crazy but WOW..
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:

Enjoy

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Enjoy

aww i thought that was the proper video!!

it looks like it will be quite good though... maybe...

definitely more grown up anyway!

it came on capital radio yesterday when i was driving! first time i heard it on the radio over here... friend wasn't impressed i knew half the words...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's not the worst song I've ever heard (Looking at your Rebecca Black ¬__¬) but then again, I listen to Vocaloid stuff XD
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blieber 4 life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This thread is amusing. Still needs more Pink Floyd though, so I give you this:

• 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)

No thanks.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)

They're great, but this guy is better

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I'm falling in love with Justin Bieber.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    aww i thought that was the proper video!!

it looks like it will be quite good though... maybe...

definitely more grown up anyway!

it came on capital radio yesterday when i was driving! first time i heard it on the radio over here... friend wasn't impressed i knew half the words...
    Someone on twitter said she was crying because she heard that Boyfriend is about Selena Gomez lmaoo
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone on twitter said she was crying because she heard that Boyfriend is about Selena Gomez lmaoo
    haha bless.. these people..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    After careful consideration of the arguments presented in this song, I'm still unconvinced I should become Justin Bieber's boyfriend.

On another note, I wonder what will happen when he starts growing a beard? () Not trying to poke fun at his "girliness" or whatever (I can't stand the people who keep doing that all over youtube) but his image is clearly built up on his youthful, smooth appearance, and that's only going to last for so long. I guess it's not an issue, he'll be a billionaire long before then.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julii92)
    After careful consideration of the arguments presented in this song, I'm still unconvinced I should become Justin Bieber's boyfriend.

On another note, I wonder what will happen when he starts growing a beard? () Not trying to poke fun at his "girliness" or whatever (I can't stand the people who keep doing that all over youtube) but his image is clearly built up on his youthful, smooth appearance, and that's only going to last for so long. I guess it's not an issue, he'll be a billionaire long before then.
    Shave it off? :O
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    No thanks.
    CBA to read the entire thread and won't go into my thoughts on Justin Bieber, it would require too much time and effort than it's actually worth.

But my question is, what did you expect when posting this thread? Most people can't stand the guy for whatever reason.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 9, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.