The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hi think it took about a month since accepting to get my crb checks and stuff :smile:
Yeah about a month here too got my crb back but still waiting.for news about my health check which i sent 1stweek of may xxx
Reply 22
Does anyone know when freshers week is????
Reply 23
heyyy! :smile:
im doing adult nursing at brookes starting this september and i choose chenney student village for my acomondation even though its a bit more expensive i wanted to be on campus!
cant wait to start! anyone else chosen chenney? :biggrin: xx
Hey has anyone received an unconditional offer yet xx

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MediaPad
Reply 25
Hey gwillis1514 how long did it take between sending yr crb off to the uni and getting the crb back through the post saying u had been cleared?

Did everyone get that email saying bursary stuff wont come through till mid july! hope we get money in time to start!

Hope everyone is well only a few months :smile: xx
Hey amme16 about 3 weeks but ive had.them.in the past take nearer six so dont worry if its taking a while same its a bit of a worry ! Xx
recieved confirmation of my accomodation today ive been given paul kent :smile: where is everybody else staying ? xx
Reply 28
Does amybody know wen we will b on placement and in the classroom?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Reply 29
What has everyone heard from Oxford Brookes so far? They said they'd send all the details about starting date mid July but I haven't got anything ?:confused:
Reply 30
Hi Guys :smile:

Not long now till we start! Anyone doing childrens nursing what books if any have you brought they are so expensive!? x
Reply 31
Original post by amme16
Hi Guys :smile:

Not long now till we start! Anyone doing childrens nursing what books if any have you brought they are so expensive!? x

Hello :smile:

I'm doing children's nursing! I havn't decided which books to get yet I need to have a proper look through :/ Are you getting the fresher wristband or going to the other events like the foam party/traffic light party instead?
Reply 32
Hi all,
was just being nosy on the board. Im about to start my 3rd year at Oxford Brookes doing children's nursing.

re books we all got advised to buy Human Anatomy and Physiology with Interactive Physiology 10-System Suite by Elaine Marieb... and i have to say i think i have used it twice!! and it has just been sat on my shelf since halfway through my first year. You are much better loaning it from Brooks library.

I have got Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children which is fab but very expensive so might be worth putting it on your xmas pressie list and probably not needed to begin with.

Don't go too mad on buying books as most can be loaned from the library and you will probably find you only use a book once or twice.

Anyway - good luck for starting and will probably meet you freshers week.
Reply 33
Hi EmmaKatie :smile:

Im not sure about the wristband, where did you find out about the other events like the foam / traffic light party you mentioned as i would prob go to those and have only heard about the brookes big night out thing? What are you thinking of doing? Random question your nhs bursary is yours still based on 30 weeks or has it been updated yet to 40/45 weeks or how ever long the course is each year?
Cant believe its only 3 weeks away :smile: Scary but exciting times!

mummyof 6 thanks for the advice :smile: Would you say theres any books that are really useful for first year or everything you need you can access in the library really?
Reply 34
Original post by Emmakatie
Hello :smile:

I'm doing children's nursing! I havn't decided which books to get yet I need to have a proper look through :/ Are you getting the fresher wristband or going to the other events like the foam party/traffic light party instead?

Hey EmmaKatie, i'm doing child nursing too :smile: I don't think i'm going to get the freshers wristband as it doesn't get you into any of the events like the foam/paint parties! although the garden party on Sunday 16th looks pretty good, i will probably just see what other people in my halls do.

Have you found out your accommodation yet? I'm in Paul Kent Halls, room E2F although this means nothing to me! Can anyone else help with what the room letters/numbers actually mean?! haha x
Hey alannaa im in paul kent too ! F2 the last letter is your room number and the first what block your in :-) i dont no what to do with the wrist band too ! Does seem like all the best nights arent brookes ! Xxxx
Reply 36
Hi my name is Mary and just wounding how things are at Oxford Brookes

Latest

Trending

Trending