Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.. Angry woman vs Biker.

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biker had obviously nearly been hit, he acted stupidly in return but definitly didn't deserve having his bike wrecked. However everyone is assuming it's a woman? Unless i've missed something, then sorry!, but i believe it is more likely a bloke would act out that amount of violence than a woman.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    :danceboy::danceboy: Think she needs a chill pill D: :danceboy::danceboy:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superlogon)
    Biker had obviously nearly been hit, he acted stupidly in return but definitly didn't deserve having his bike wrecked. However everyone is assuming it's a woman? Unless i've missed something, then sorry!, but i believe it is more likely a bloke would act out that amount of violence than a woman.
    You can just about see the women climb out and then near the end you see her standing by the car (about 1:20). Also I'm pretty sure the person who filmed it and put it up on youtube saw who was driving the car.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herr)

No idea what happened here, but goodness some people really need to control their anger.

Pity all the innocent motorist.
    That's attempted murder, surely? Video to prove it too.

It was nice to see they had a hug at the end though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    No she wouldn't.
    What gives you that view? Using a vehicle as a weapon is generally considered attempted murder, and at the very least assault with a deadly weapon...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    That's attempted murder, surely? Video to prove it too.

It was nice to see they had a hug at the end though
    Not sure what the rules are in Brazil, but even in Britain it isn't anything remotely near murder or attempted murder.

The driver of the bus received 17 months for Grievous Bodily Harm and using a vehicle as a weapon.

Clearly this seems a lot more serious than the motorcycle and am quite surprised something as serious like this only deserved 17 months. More than likely the scumbag would be out before a year is up with good behaviour.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herr)
    Not sure what the rules are in Brazil, but even in Britain it isn't anything remotely near murder or attempted murder.

The driver of the bus received 17 months for Grievous Bodily Harm and using a vehicle as a weapon.

Clearly this seems a lot more serious than the motorcycle and am quite surprised something as serious like this only deserved 17 months. More than likely the scumbag would be out before a year is up with good behaviour.
    Yeah, I know Road rules are messed up because they assume any incident was accidental or unlucky and haven't been rewritten - should be attempted murder though.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    Yeah, I know Road rules are messed up because they assume any incident was accidental or unlucky and haven't been rewritten - should be attempted murder though.
    If I remember correctly such cases aren't tried as attempted murder because of the "mens rea" which is almost impossible to prove in such cases.

Either way GBH is good enough....... the ****ed up part to it is where it should be 17 years it is only 17 months where it could also be a life imprisonment sentence for GBH.

Oh well........that's modern day British Justice for you.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    What a dumb bitch is all I gotta say to that

(And never mess with a Biker)
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stupid bint. I love the way the back windscreen wipers start going off though :lol:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Holy santa clause ****! :lolwut:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    What gives you that view? Using a vehicle as a weapon is generally considered attempted murder, and at the very least assault with a deadly weapon...
    It was more a comment on the Justice system, I agree that it was a deadly weapon, but I very much doubt she'd get banged up for it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    It was more a comment on the Justice system, I agree that it was a deadly weapon, but I very much doubt she'd get banged up for it.
    Oh she would, especially if there was video evidence like that. There was a recent case of a buss driver swerving into a cyclist who then got convicted of attempted murder. The injuries involved in that case were far more substantial that wounded pride and most likely some bruising that the motorcyclist suffered in this example, but she would at the very least be successfully prosecuted for assault with a deadly weapon.

Personally I think that driving without a license or whilst disqualified ought to be considered attempted manslaughter, and drink driving attempted murder. Motor vehicles can be very deadly when mishandled, and using one when not properly able to should take into consideration the ultimate cost in doing so...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    Oh she would, especially if there was video evidence like that. There was a recent case of a buss driver swerving into a cyclist who then got convicted of attempted murder. The injuries involved in that case were far more substantial that wounded pride and most likely some bruising that the motorcyclist suffered in this example, but she would at the very least be successfully prosecuted for assault with a deadly weapon.

Personally I think that driving without a license or whilst disqualified ought to be considered attempted manslaughter, and drink driving attempted murder. Motor vehicles can be very deadly when mishandled, and using one when not properly able to should take into consideration the ultimate cost in doing so...
    You really think? Perhaps I've just lost all faith in the Justice system these days
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    Personally I think that driving without a license or whilst disqualified ought to be considered attempted manslaughter, and drink driving attempted murder.
    In which case you have little or no understanding of the way our legal system works.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    In which case you have little or no understanding of the way our legal system works.
    I wouldn't say little or no understanding, merely a limited understanding.

There is a lot to be said in drawing a parallel with carrying a knife or firearm in public and drink driving, without a license or driving whilst disqualified. Likewise 'driving without due care and attention' should carry much harsher penalties than points on your license and maybe a six month ban...

Cars and indeed even bicycles are just as capable of killing someone as a firearm or a knife, perhaps even more so when it comes to causing injury through negligence...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    I wouldn't say little or no understanding, merely a limited understanding.

There is a lot to be said in drawing a parallel with carrying a knife or firearm in public and drink driving, without a license or driving whilst disqualified. Likewise 'driving without due care and attention' should carry much harsher penalties than points on your license and maybe a six month ban...

Cars and indeed even bicycles are just as capable of killing someone as a firearm or a knife, perhaps even more so when it comes to causing injury through negligence...
    But to be up for a charge of murder you need to prove motive and intent. When an otherwise upstanding person has one pint too many and swerves home from the pub he has no intention of going out to kill someone.

DWDC can range from nothing to lots. I have a caution for DWDC which was for overtaking someone and pulling back in too quickly. There was no danger to anyone, and IMO I was fully concentrating. To have a driving ban or 6 points for something as trivial as that would be daft.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    If that was in the UK she'd be banged up for attempted murder, end of story...
    You think? I highly doubt that

EDIT: ignore that. Can see you are already arguing this point.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    On the positive side this person can be stripped of their driving licence before they actually manage to kill someone.

Biker bit of a **** to say the least though. Should of realised that people who drive 4x4s think they are "powerful" and tend to think they own the road.

(Original post by Stomm)
    bicycles are just as capable of killing someone as a firearm, perhaps even more so when it comes to causing injury through negligence...
    lol?

No.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    lol?

No.
    Yes, there have been numerous instances of small children being killed by careless cyclists. There is a reason why its illegal to ride on the pavement...

It is precisely because of the ignorance with regards to how deadly such a collision can be that they are potentially more dangerous than firearms. Every idiot knows that you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, or even just shoot in in the general direction of someone there is a risk you might kill them. The same can be said with regards to the ignorance that even a medium speed collision with a bicycle can prove fatal for a pedestrian, especially a child or some otherwise vulnerable person...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 3, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.