Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Death Sentence - Balwant Singh - Share your views

Announcements Posted on
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajie_)
    Yoou have to take into consideration that SIKHS are treated as SECOND class citizens in Punjab (the majory Sikh land in india) ..The Massacre was government funded, therefore - these figures aren't fixed. Also, Many people who were killed and attacked throughout this massacre are missing, india doesn't have a proper recordds system anyway - it's mixed up. Believe me, It is 8,000 or even more. It was a MASS massacre
    And none of this gets us anywhere closer to a reliable figure.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    And none of this gets us anywhere closer to a reliable figure.
    There isn't going to be a reliable figuire, because - government don't want anything recorded of this. So theres a mix and match of everything.. is that a decent enough explanation???
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:

Please refrain from any ignorant behaviour - Remember, Sikhs contributed heavily to world war 1&2
    I don't want to be rude or anything and I agree with you but are you saying people should agree with you and not disagree with Sikhs just because Sikhs contributed to world peace during World War 1 and 2 just like many other people from other faiths and countries?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    There isn't going to be a reliable figuire, because - government don't want anything recorded of this. So theres a mix and match of everything.. is that a decent enough explanation???
    But surely there has been some sort of impartial investigiation into it? But I find it hard to believe the figure of 250,000 when the government one is only 8,000. 10,000 ; 20,0000 maybe even 30,000 I could believe without any real proof, but this claim of 250,000 with no proof, well, it's very difficult to swallow at face value.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    But surely there has been some sort of impartial investigiation into it? But I find it hard to believe the figure of 250,000 when the government one is only 8,000. 10,000 ; 20,0000 maybe even 30,000 I could believe without any real proof, but this claim of 250,000 with no proof, well, it's very difficult to swallow at face value.
    There has been no investigation - sikhs make up 2% of india also, contribute to the vast majority of the indian army.
    India - a country which hardly has no records of birth, death and also marriage. Crime can be negotiable.. what records, investigation would it have on a massacre? it's like the genocides in other counteries - accept majority are widely known, India has kept this mass murder of sikhs at bay for now.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arnoob)
    I don't want to be rude or anything and I agree with you but are you saying people should agree with you and not disagree with Sikhs just because Sikhs contributed to world peace during World War 1 and 2 just like many other people from other faiths and countries?
    I'm stating that, People should cut out the ignorance of other faiths - Sikhs and many other faiths have contributed to a vast amount of armed forces across the world - we've done a hell of a lot for many different people.

even two of the Sikh guru's themselves gave their lives for people of other faiths - I just don't want no ignorance against Sikhs..
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm stating that, People should cut out the ignorance of other faiths - Sikhs and many other faiths have contributed to a vast amount of armed forces across the world - we've done a hell of a lot for many different people.

even two of the Sikh guru's themselves gave their lives for people of other faiths - I just don't want no ignorance against Sikhs..

Fair enough but remember that those foreigners of different faith did not fight for RELIGION, a lot of them had to fight as they were part of the Empire. There were a lot of volunteers but they didn't fight for religion, the first 2 world wars were not about fighting for religion. I don't think you should bring religion into this but actually say that a lot a lot of Indians and other foreigners fought for this country and should not be discriminated against . I am not saying that Sikhs or members of other religions should not be discriminated against...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hold on, I'm speaking about Sikhs because this thread is based on justice for SIKHS.
    They didn't fight for religion, but frankly speaking Sikhs made up most of the indian army & we've been discriminated against in india, we have NO human rights.

This is my arguement, i'm trying to stress this issue..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hold on, I'm speaking about Sikhs because this thread is based on justice for SIKHS.
    They didn't fight for religion, but frankly speaking Sikhs made up most of the indian army & we've been discriminated against in india, we have NO human rights.
    im not sure but isnt the prime minister of india a sikh?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indo-Chinese Food)
    Since you're Indian shouldn't you know?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutal Honesty)
    Since you're Indian shouldn't you know?
    who said i was indian?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    who said i was indian?
    Whenever a thread comes up about India you're always defending Indians and your name suggests Indian links. I know you're reluctant/ashamed to confirm this but it's pretty obvious you are Indian.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutal Honesty)
    Whenever a thread comes up about India you're always defending Indians and your name suggests Indian links. I know you're reluctant/ashamed to confirm this but it's pretty obvious you are Indian.
    lol which threads are those then - id like to see them ?

Yes my name does suggest a indian link, chinese too i suppose. Didnt realise i was dealing with such an intellectual heavyweight here :rofl:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Killing a man who has killed others doesn't make killing right.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

-Mahatma Gandhi
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol which threads are those then - id like to see them ?

Yes my name does suggest a indian link, chinese too i suppose. Didnt realise i was dealing with such an intellectual heavyweight here :rofl:
    You do regularly defend India and judging by your diversion tactics (ad hominem in this case) I will assume I am right. Of course, if you weren't you'd simply deny it.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

Umm, yeah...
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:

Give me figures on how Sikhs made up most of the Indian army ... By 1945 the British Indian Army had 2.5 million men I doubt most were Sikhs considering the fact that many soldiers came from what now is Pakistan, Burma, Nepal and Bangladesh. I think you would find that in India a lot of religions and people are discriminated against but that doesn't mean that every one of them does not have human rights.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Please refrain from any ignorant behaviour - Remember, Sikhs contributed heavily to world war 1&2

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but still.... Come on.

Regardless, I don't think he deserves the death sentence.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)

Umm, yeah...
    It is obvious that Singh has no real power in India anyway, it is the corrupt old guard (who are Hindu/atheist) who rule behind the scenes. This is why Singh has to do Hindu rituals all the time and when Sikhs complain they'll get told "we gave you a Sikh Prime Minister, what more do you want?".
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arnoob)
    Give me figures on how Sikhs made up most of the Indian army ... By 1945 the British Indian Army had 2.5 million men I doubt most were Sikhs considering the fact that many soldiers came from what now is Pakistan, Burma, Nepal and Bangladesh. I think you would find that in India a lot of religions and people are discriminated against but that doesn't mean that every one of them does not have human rights.
    Right. At face value, no the Sikhs didn't contribute the most.

But do it via equal proportions (the unbiased estimate), and it's a very different picture.

This subject was discussed on a profound level quite some months ago. But a certain someone decided to delete the very factual posts.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 11, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.