Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Medical breakthrough - EARTHING!

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I came across something called earthing and was wondering is any of it real?

I couldn't find another post on this on TSR so i decided to make it.

The basic concept is tapping in the to earth's unlimited electron supply to act as antioxidants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26HphzJmWKU

Anyone know anything about this or if/how it works?
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    load of baloney. the earth doesn't have an unlimited supply of electrons, and as far as i thought, antioxidants were meant to stop free electrons in cells from doing damage, so how would harvesting the thing doing the damage be useful?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a load of rubbish, like james said.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also stop using TSR to advertise.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The earth could only have a finite amount of electrons. You cant have an unlimitted amount of anything really (if you think about it)
    But yeah, its a load of rubbish. If you have electrons going from the earth into you....you're being electrocuted.

edit - i just realised you're trying to get us to buy something off of amazon.
    Now i feel silly for taking the time to write a reply
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I don't know of any creature who wears shoes apart from us. Anyway I bought an earthing sheet before reading the book as I was so totally convinced that this was the solution to my insomnia. The earthing sheet is very expensive for someone like me living on a shoestring, but I stuck it on the credit card much to my trepidation, and it arrived the very next day." - Amazon Reviews

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So basically electrons from the earth help you become better?

Utter crap. They'll charge you if you go mentally insane and start rubbing your ass on the floor like a dog with an itchy butt but the claim that this has any medical effects is preposterous.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only charge an "earthing sheet" will produce will be the one on your credit card.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Essentially, the idea is that if we stopped wearing shoes, we wouldn't have health problems. Which makes me wonder why people who can't afford shoes tend to die much younger than those of us who can. Also, check out the authors' photos on Amazon: obvious nut-jobs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IgorYakov)
    I came across something called earthing and was wondering is any of it real?

I couldn't find another post on this on TSR so i decided to make it.

The basic concept is tapping in the to earth's unlimited electron supply to act as antioxidants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26HphzJmWKU

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Earthing-Mos.../dp/1591202833

Anyone know anything about this or if/how it works?
    Let me guess, the person who discovered this isn't a medical doctor and is slightly unhinged. In any case, I really don't think electrocuting yourself trumps the discovery of antibiotics, pasteurisation, the treatment of cancer or diabetes. I'm gonna sit down and watch this and then laugh at how ridiculous this is.

Without being funny before I watch this, I'm gonna bet £100 that this guy is American. lol
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_armadillo7)
    Let me guess, the person who discovered this isn't a medical doctor and is slightly unhinged. In any case, I really don't think electrocuting yourself trumps the discovery of antibiotics, pasteurisation, the treatment of cancer or diabetes. I'm gonna sit down and watch this and then laugh at how ridiculous this is.

Without being funny before I watch this, I'm gonna bet £100 that this guy is American. lol
    He's an American television installation man lol
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Having read the first couple of pages on the amazon site, i'm going disconnect my house from the mains and plug into this 'six sextillion' volt battery called the earth! should save me a fortune
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    whibble , hatstand , fishcake, ptang ptang
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Also stop using TSR to advertise.

Sorry i didn't think it would've been advertising i've removed it, i only put that up there for extra information. sorry
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I only put up the amazon link for extra information and so you can see the preview of the book, i wasn't trying to sell it. Ive removed the link anyway as some people thought i did. Sorry
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bssjonny)
    The earth could only have a finite amount of electrons. You cant have an unlimitted amount of anything really (if you think about it)
    But yeah, its a load of rubbish. If you have electrons going from the earth into you....you're being electrocuted.

edit - i just realised you're trying to get us to buy something off of amazon.
    Now i feel silly for taking the time to write a reply

Sorry! I didn't mean to try and sell you it, im not part of it or anything. Ive removed the link, i only put it up there for extra information.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Utterly ridiculous.

How can people be so stupid? :mmm:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 27, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.