Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would be your last meal if you were on Death Row?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A horse...just to see if I could really eat one.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Starter: A really, really good Ploughman's, with quality cheddar and my Dad's homemade chutney.

Main: Steak and chips, the best steak, a big thick piece with fat round the edges and nice and bloody. And really good chips, none of your soggy ones. And I'd have a crisp green salad with vinagrette. and there's have to be bearnaise sauce for the steak and mayonnaise for the chips.

Pudding: Tarte au Citrone, the kind from a french bakery, with a dollop of marscapone.

Drinks: A pint of Aspall cider to go with the starter, Orangina for the main course and then another pint of cider for after the meal. And a jug of nice water at just below room temperature alongside though the whole meal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    What's the point? I'd find it very hard to enjoy a meal knowing that it would be my last. I'd probably use my time trying to figure out how to escape and go down fighting than suffer a horrible death in the electric chair.
    There's always one...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    There's always one...
    Yeah well if the title was "What would be your last meal before you die?" I'd be happy to answer, but if I was on Death Row (about to be executed) then I think I'd have other things on my mind.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well if the title was "What would be your last meal before you die?" I'd be happy to answer, but if I was on Death Row (about to be executed) then I think I'd have other things on my mind.
    That would be a stupid title though because unless you're committing suicide or something it's hard to know when you're going to die.

Bare in mind that inmates can be in there for years and years before execution. If you've been in there 10+ years you've probably had enough time to think about escaping, and don't think about escaping on the way to the place where they actually kill you - you travel in a cage inside a van surrounded by armed officers.

Even if you are going to try to escape, you wouldn't want to do it on an empty stomach.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    That would be a stupid title though because unless you're committing suicide or something it's hard to know when you're going to die.
    It's hypothetical ("if you were going to die"). You just accept it and answer the question, whereas if I was on death row I'd be thinking about more than my last meal.

Bare in mind that inmates can be in there for years and years before execution. If you've been in there 10+ years you've probably had enough time to think about escaping, and don't think about escaping on the way to the place where they actually kill you - you travel in a cage inside a van surrounded by armed officers.
    That's true, I would have escaped much earlier if I could, but there's always a window of opportunity somewhere

Even if you are going to try to escape, you wouldn't want to do it on an empty stomach.
    Actually I would...last thing I need to worry about is getting a stomach ache while running or needing to take a dump.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually I would...last thing I need to worry about is getting a stomach ache while running or needing to take a dump.
    Ok fair dos. If you were going to die what would you want to be your last meal?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    An all you can eat buffet with no time limit.
    I see what you did there
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sin City)
    mac d
    You were never alive in the first place if this is really your choice :P

I'd have a Chicken tikka starter, then a Prawn Madras, Lamb Curry, Chicken Dhansak, Sag Aloo, Tukka Dahl, Garlic Nan, Puri.
    Then I'd hava a platter of barbecued meats.
    Then I'd have a seafood platter.
    Then some cheese.
    Followed by a milkshake and huge chocolate cake.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dominoes Mighty Metoer with tons of garlic and herb dip.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerch)
    That drink they give to people for euthanasia. Get it over with I say

And a Frijj.
    Pretty much the same thing really haha, seriously though it takes me a whole day to drink a Frijj.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Everything from season 1-4 of Man v. Food
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    Ok fair dos. If you were going to die what would you want to be your last meal?
    Probably a really nice Lasagne with mash potatoes and chips, followed by a whole chocolate cake. Maybe a Mcdonalds happy meal too

Come to think of it, a Mcdonalds happy meal toy could make an excellent weapon if I was on death row...:holmes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Steak (rare, or course). With thick chips covered in salt and vinegar, mushrooms, salad. They don't normally allow alcohol, but if they did I'd have a couple of glasses of red.

Or I'd just slob out with a KFC bargain bucket, I'm not sure which.

Or a curry. Argh, it's impossible to choose! I'd probably worry myself to death deciding what to have.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)

With chips :ahee:
    Good God!

Give yourself a heart attack before you even got to the chair, save them the bother

Sadly, I think they're phasing out the last meal in the USA after one inmate ordered an enormous meal including lobster et al, costing some ridiculous sum, and then didn't eat a bite
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrogInABog)
    Sadly, I think they're phasing out the last meal in the USA after one inmate ordered an enormous meal including lobster et al, costing some ridiculous sum, and then didn't eat a bite
    On the documentary, I think it was the inmate they were interviewing said that most people don't eat much because they're too worried/on the phone to people and the chefs love it because they get to eat what comes back

The inmate in question had fried chicken but was had his death called off about 10 minutes before it was supposed to happen. I think he's had a few 'last' meals now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No wonder we spend so much on prisoners....
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Humble pie.

"You can take me to that firing squad, I'm not afraid to meet my maker I'm a child of God."
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry Gwyn)
    No wonder we spend so much on prisoners....
    'We' don't have the death penalty...

(assuming you're British)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Either a roast dinner of Mash potato, beef, yorkshire pudding, carrots and broccoli or a McDonalds quarter pounder with cheese meal and chocolate milkshake

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 29, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.