Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow University-Postgrad Admissions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by olympus123456
Oh well then. If its from them then that's alright

(3 months info) is information frm other unis, coudnt find any frm glasgow...have some colleagues who are going there. its good to liase with uk embassies to advice you. I have also been told to provide flight reservation dates when making the visa application
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by onneetse83
(3 months info) is information frm other unis, coudnt find any frm glasgow...have some colleagues who are going there. its good to liase with uk embassies to advice you. I have also been told to provide flight reservation dates when making the visa application

Hey plz sign in to messenger :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 22
Original post by Turkan
OMG i havenе received cas yet :mad:
they reply that i should receive short email
but when when
maybe i have to upload my passport to my online application once again?
:confused:

Turkan, dont panic, i'm sure they will. Is good that they have responded. Just check on you online application if the passport doc is there/or has been uploaded. if its there, they will get back to you
Reply 23
Turkan, dont panic, i'm sure they will. Is good that they have responded. Just check on you online application if the passport doc is there/or has been uploaded. if its there, they will get back to you

u know it is not first time that i ask to send cas..first time was month ago i even called to them they said we will send it to you but.....? ok anyway ill waitin 1 week at least:cool:
Reply 24
oh ok does someone know is i get cas numbers from two universities (n also apply for visa)can it be dificult to deny one of them in the future ??
Hi Sandy,have you applied for accomodation yet? i will be staying in Maclay.

Hi there!
No, I haven't still applied to Accommodation but I am going to.
Regarding Visa, I would say that it is better to get visa ready at least 15 days prior your departure to the UK. So you are to apply ASAP. Following month I am planning to apply to my visa too cause I have my classes to begin on Sep,10.

Recently I have received my CAS from Admissions department so do not understand why they make it so complicated to send a CAS for you guys.

Is there anybody going to make MSc. in Env and Sust development this year???

See you all soon:colondollar:
Reply 26
Will it be ok if I apply on July?
Because I'm still waiting for financial support from my own country
So I hv to be sure if i receive it

Reply 27
Btw guys
My friend is student of Glasgow
So he told me that they usually give visa within 15 days!

Original post by Turkan
Btw guys
My friend is student of Glasgow
So he told me that they usually give visa within 15 days!

Thanks!!
Reply 29
Thanks!!

Urw!!!!
But pleAse check it
Maybe it's various for countries
In order to be sure
:smile:
Good luck

Reply 30
Original post by Turkan
Urw!!!!
But pleAse check it
Maybe it's various for countries
In order to be sure
:smile:
Good luck

yeah, its best to check on with embassy, i tried applying yesterday but there was network problem. And they had stated that you can applying within 3 months. to make things easier is to ask so that you do not panic at the last minute
Original post by Turkan
x

x

Hey guys, have any updates ? whats new going on ???
Reply 32
Hey guys, have any updates ? whats new going on ???

we have started our visa applications and awaiting response. There is also an international student orientation starting sept 2nd and registration for that will be communicated mid july...check http://www.gla.ac.uk/international/support/orientationarrival/
Reply 33
I just got my offer this morning! MRes Biomedical Science. Really happy but I don't have much confidence i'll be able to afford it :frown: Applying for SAAS help and there is one or two grants/burseries I can apply to but i'm pretty pessimistic about it. Pretty sure i'm gonna need to defer for a year. Bad times!
Original post by sillybear
I just got my offer this morning! MRes Biomedical Science. Really happy but I don't have much confidence i'll be able to afford it :frown: Applying for SAAS help and there is one or two grants/burseries I can apply to but i'm pretty pessimistic about it. Pretty sure i'm gonna need to defer for a year. Bad times!

Well done on getting your place!
I'm actually hoping to apply for this course for next year. I graduated this summer but without some serious earnings I'm in a similar position. I hope it works out for you though :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by musicforsanity
I'm actually hoping to apply for this course for next year. I graduated this summer but without some serious earnings I'm in a similar position. I hope it works out for you though :smile:

Thanks! :] As long as I get the SAAS funding I've found a way to afford it so it's all down to those lovely people now...
Original post by sillybear

Original post by musicforsanity

Weird. I'm also doing this course, got my offer last week :smile:

Having a good look round, I can see that there is upto £3400 of student loan from SAAS available, and you can get a Career Development Loan (between £300 and £10,000). Also, Glasgow Uni alumni get 10% discount.

Of course there is also grants for people who have outstanding academic record and/or from poor background. None of which is me :tongue:

I don't have any earnings and have fully used up my overdraft. But I should be able to cope while doing a little bit of part time work. If no part time work, I could increase my CDL to cover living expenses.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Norton1
I assume it's a mistype but the CDL goes up to £10,000.

Yep, good spot.
Hey guys, just a general admissions question, I applied for MSc Computer Science at GU about 5 weeks ago and still haven't had a decision from the university. The status changed to 'Pending' last week but hasn't shifted since. Does this mean they're about to decide?

I wish they'd hurry up so I can sort things like SAAS out, Edinburgh University took 4 days to reply to me, why is is taking Glasgow University so long?
Reply 39
Original post by mysteryguitarman
Hey guys, just a general admissions question, I applied for MSc Computer Science at GU about 5 weeks ago and still haven't had a decision from the university. The status changed to 'Pending' last week but hasn't shifted since. Does this mean they're about to decide?

I wish they'd hurry up so I can sort things like SAAS out, Edinburgh University took 4 days to reply to me, why is is taking Glasgow University so long?

Contact admission office and explain that u should know wether they goin to make an offer to you or not cuz u want to apply for funding n etc I think they will understand ur situation good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending