The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow University-Postgrad Admissions

hellos, anyone coming to glasgow uni for postgraduate? I am a mature international student and have accepted my offer for Msc Investment Banking and Finance...is there anyone coming for a similar/related course?

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I am also a postgrad student - but I am coming to study undergrad medicine. Welcome to the UK :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by MarshmallowTea
Hello, I am also a postgrad student - but I am coming to study undergrad medicine. Welcome to the UK :smile:

Thanks Marshmallow :smile:
Original post by onneetse83
hellos, anyone coming to glasgow uni for postgraduate? I am a mature international student and have accepted my offer for Msc Investment Banking and Finance...is there anyone coming for a similar/related course?

HI! I think I have a related course cause I am going to join Business school community in the Uni of Glasgow this year. I am going to make my MSc in Environment and Sustainable development. So, we will probably meet! Good luck and see you in Glasgow soon!:biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Sandy from KAZ
HI! I think I have a related course cause I am going to join Business school community in the Uni of Glasgow this year. I am going to make my MSc in Environment and Sustainable development. So, we will probably meet! Good luck and see you in Glasgow soon!:biggrin:

Hi Sandy,have you applied for accomodation yet? i will be staying in Maclay.
Reply 5

im also goin to stay there :biggrin:

Original post by Turkan
im also goin to stay there :biggrin:

I am staying at Maclay as well
Reply 7
Original post by olympus123456
I am staying at Maclay as well

seems u got offer already
congrats
we (i mean all students who goin to stay at maclay) should talk in msn one day to know each other better as we goin to stay at the same hall :biggrin: hm?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Turkan
seems u got offer already
congrats
we (i mean all students who goin to stay at maclay) should talk in msn one day to know each other better as we goin to stay at the same hall :biggrin: hm?

Thats a gr8 idea Turkan...when do you guys intend to go to glasgow? i still have to apply for a visa but they say i have to give reservation dates for my flight...
Reply 9
Thats a gr8 idea Turkan...when do you guys intend to go to glasgow? i still have to apply for a visa but they say i have to give reservation dates for my flight...

Ok who wants please write ur msn adresses :smile:
i didnt get even cas number
and they dont reply to my messages dunno why especially pgadmissions
how can i get cas number?
Reply 10
When students should apply for visa if start date is In 10 of sep.
?? wh I supposed to do to get that cas plz help anyone

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Aww, that's the halls I wanted to stay in! But I had an email from the acommodation office to say that I had to apply to undergrad halls as I'm doing an undergrad course. Maclay looks great though! Hopefully see you all sometime in the 'mature' students society :P :biggrin:
Reply 12
Sorry to hear that Maeshamallow,we will showly meet in other forum...

Turkan, i heard from a number of unis that you should start applying for visa within 3 months prior to school opening,i am planning to work on it today. if you havent received your CAS number email [email protected] and make sure you have uploaded your passport photo. If you are having some problems check with your country rep...hope this will help you
Original post by Turkan
When students should apply for visa if start date is In 10 of sep.
?? wh I supposed to do to get that cas plz help anyone

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

As onneetse83 said, contact the pgadmissions and do let us know what they say.
Reply 14
Sorry to hear that Maeshamallow,we will showly meet in other forum...

Turkan, i heard from a number of unis that you should start applying for visa within 3 months prior to school opening,i am planning to work on it today. if you havent received your CAS number email [email protected] and make sure you have uploaded your passport photo. If you are having some problems check with your country rep...hope this will help you

big thanks for your help again
but i hv heard that applying 3 months before is too early..we should just 15 days before opening..am i wrong?:frown:
i added u already
c u on there
Reply 15
As onneetse83 said, contact the pgadmissions and do let us know what they say.

ok i will let u know
Original post by Turkan
big thanks for your help again
but i hv heard that applying 3 months before is too early..we should just 15 days before opening..am i wrong?:frown:
i added u already
c u on there

Do you mean applying 15 days before the classes begin ? If so then it will be too late. I think its best to apply 2-3 months prior.
Reply 17
Do you mean applying 15 days before the classes begin ? If so then it will be too late. I think its best to apply 2-3 months prior.

the 3 months period applies to international students applying for visa because it usually takes it can take 4-8 weeks...i checked with the embassy here, said a month
the 3 months period applies to international students applying for visa because it usually takes it can take 4-8 weeks...i checked with the embassy here, said a month

Oh well then. If its from them then that's alright
Reply 19

OMG i havenе received cas yet :mad:
they reply that i should receive short email
but when when
maybe i have to upload my passport to my online application once again?
:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest