Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Glasgow University-Postgrad Admissions

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    hellos, anyone coming to glasgow uni for postgraduate? I am a mature international student and have accepted my offer for Msc Investment Banking and Finance...is there anyone coming for a similar/related course?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am also a postgrad student - but I am coming to study undergrad medicine. Welcome to the UK
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarshmallowTea)
    Hello, I am also a postgrad student - but I am coming to study undergrad medicine. Welcome to the UK
    Thanks Marshmallow
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onneetse83)
    hellos, anyone coming to glasgow uni for postgraduate? I am a mature international student and have accepted my offer for Msc Investment Banking and Finance...is there anyone coming for a similar/related course?
    HI! I think I have a related course cause I am going to join Business school community in the Uni of Glasgow this year. I am going to make my MSc in Environment and Sustainable development. So, we will probably meet! Good luck and see you in Glasgow soon!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandy from KAZ)
    HI! I think I have a related course cause I am going to join Business school community in the Uni of Glasgow this year. I am going to make my MSc in Environment and Sustainable development. So, we will probably meet! Good luck and see you in Glasgow soon!
    Hi Sandy,have you applied for accomodation yet? i will be staying in Maclay.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im also goin to stay there
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Turkan)
    im also goin to stay there
    I am staying at Maclay as well
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olympus123456)
    I am staying at Maclay as well
    seems u got offer already
    congrats
    we (i mean all students who goin to stay at maclay) should talk in msn one day to know each other better as we goin to stay at the same hall hm?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    seems u got offer already
    congrats
    we (i mean all students who goin to stay at maclay) should talk in msn one day to know each other better as we goin to stay at the same hall hm?
    Thats a gr8 idea Turkan...when do you guys intend to go to glasgow? i still have to apply for a visa but they say i have to give reservation dates for my flight...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats a gr8 idea Turkan...when do you guys intend to go to glasgow? i still have to apply for a visa but they say i have to give reservation dates for my flight...

Ok who wants please write ur msn adresses
    i didnt get even cas number
    and they dont reply to my messages dunno why especially pgadmissions
    how can i get cas number?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When students should apply for visa if start date is In 10 of sep.
    ?? wh I supposed to do to get that cas plz help anyone

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Aww, that's the halls I wanted to stay in! But I had an email from the acommodation office to say that I had to apply to undergrad halls as I'm doing an undergrad course. Maclay looks great though! Hopefully see you all sometime in the 'mature' students society :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that Maeshamallow,we will showly meet in other forum...

Turkan, i heard from a number of unis that you should start applying for visa within 3 months prior to school opening,i am planning to work on it today. if you havent received your CAS number email pgadmissions@glasgow.ac.uk and make sure you have uploaded your passport photo. If you are having some problems check with your country rep...hope this will help you
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    When students should apply for visa if start date is In 10 of sep.
    ?? wh I supposed to do to get that cas plz help anyone

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    As onneetse83 said, contact the pgadmissions and do let us know what they say.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that Maeshamallow,we will showly meet in other forum...

Turkan, i heard from a number of unis that you should start applying for visa within 3 months prior to school opening,i am planning to work on it today. if you havent received your CAS number email pgadmissions@glasgow.ac.uk and make sure you have uploaded your passport photo. If you are having some problems check with your country rep...hope this will help you

big thanks for your help again
    but i hv heard that applying 3 months before is too early..we should just 15 days before opening..am i wrong?
    i added u already
    c u on there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As onneetse83 said, contact the pgadmissions and do let us know what they say.
    ok i will let u know
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    big thanks for your help again
    but i hv heard that applying 3 months before is too early..we should just 15 days before opening..am i wrong?
    i added u already
    c u on there
    Do you mean applying 15 days before the classes begin ? If so then it will be too late. I think its best to apply 2-3 months prior.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean applying 15 days before the classes begin ? If so then it will be too late. I think its best to apply 2-3 months prior.
    the 3 months period applies to international students applying for visa because it usually takes it can take 4-8 weeks...i checked with the embassy here, said a month
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    the 3 months period applies to international students applying for visa because it usually takes it can take 4-8 weeks...i checked with the embassy here, said a month
    Oh well then. If its from them then that's alright
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OMG i havenе received cas yet :mad:
    they reply that i should receive short email
    but when when
    maybe i have to upload my passport to my online application once again?
    :confused:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 13, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.