The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
First off, these men are pigs and the people defending them are pigs.

Second, they need to actually be punished. No, not given a psychologist to talk about why their dad didn't love them, not given a year probation and some extra benefits, if they're such tough guys put them in HMP Peterhead in scotland and throw them into general pop.

I really, really don't care about the human rights of sub-humans.
Original post by Nephilim
I completely agree with combatting gang-related activity, but the criminals need to be punished for the crimes they actually commit (for example: you can't punish a person who commited 2nd-degree murder with 1st-degree murder, however I don't think there are murder-degrees in English-Welsh law). I never said they were "to retarded to shoot straight". Just because they have been charged with intent, doesn't mean that they will be convicted of such. I hope the criminals are convicted of the right charge, and not for something which may have been accidental. However, with a bias judge and a bias jury, who knows what could happen.

No becuase clealry you dont have any clue about the law and thankfully have no say in how they are applied- they were all convicted of the intent charge and rightly so. again firing a gun into a store where there were kids playing can only lead to one thing. as far as im concerned that is attempted murder and they should be locked in concrete box for the rest fo their pitiful lives (only becuse we dont have a death penalty here)
One of them had already been invloved ina previous gang shooting and set free- so clearly letting them roam the streets is not an option. And given the amount of shootings occuring in the areas surrounding estates these so called gangs claim as territory, the police should be far more active in stop and searches of teenagers in and around them
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 82
I hope these three get the full force of prison violence and rape while they are locked up. Don't know what goes through some people's heads! I wouldn't piss on them to put out a fire.

That smug ****er on the right smiling, makes me so angry!
Original post by simonbellringer
Absolutely!! That would be crime rates down by about 95% if that happened in every case.

Agreed.
Original post by AkaJetson
London

No, Africa.

Original post by whyumadtho
No, given that they are born here. :rolleyes:

I couldn't give a damn whether they were born here or not. They're from Africa. And I wish my country had the balls to send them back there. It's a massive understatement to say that we're too soft.
Original post by lonelyknight
I couldn't give a damn whether they were born here or not. They're from Africa. And I wish my country had the balls to send them back there. It's a massive understatement to say that we're too soft.
So is everyone else on this planet. They're as much a citizen of the UK as you are; I favour a system that judges people as individuals, not by their incidental, immutable traits.
True... But that happened over many many years. And I could argue "are all our skins black?" Their family came over more recently than my ancestors did, for instance. They are more African than I am. Again, just an observation.

but where d'ya draw the line?

Asians are Indo-Caucasian do you sent them back aswell?

What about whites who came over here generations ago? Yu just cant tell the difference between them and proper brits it wouldnt be fair heck even proper brits were immigrants
(edited 12 years ago)
Citizens who have killed 3 other teenagers and paralysed a 5-year old. This country should disown them.
International relations do not work like that.
Is anybody else annoyed at the fact that since we dont have the death penalty, our taxes pay to keep them in jail for life? Kill them, we'll never see them again anyway if they get a life sentence.who'll miss them anyway?
Was a really awful video to watch, by that i mean how sad it is. Seeing them hurt the little girl like that. I hope they rot in prison theyve ruined a young persons life now.
So is everyone else on this planet. They're as much a citizen of the UK as you are; I favour a system that judges people as individuals, not by their incidental, immutable traits.

You misunderstand. I know that everyone came from Africa. Thing is, a small group of people moved from Africa to the UK. They're my ancestors. These scum may have been born here, but I doubt their parents were. You don't become a UK citizen by just setting foot in the UK, your ancestors have to have lived here for a decent amount of time.
At least, IMO.
You misunderstand. I know that everyone came from Africa. Thing is, a small group of people moved from Africa to the UK. They're my ancestors. These scum may have been born here, but I doubt their parents were. You don't become a UK citizen by just setting foot in the UK, your ancestors have to have lived here for a decent amount of time.
At least, IMO.

I am glad we are agreed, LonelyKnight :-)
Reply 91
Agreed.

No, Africa.

It wouldn't decrease anywhere near 95%. I know around here we've got a low level of people who aren't white (86% white according to Wiki, which seems about correct) but we've still got one of the highest crime rates in the UK (second outside of parts of London, Birmingham and Manchester IIRC). This seems to be reflected in who commits the crimes around here too.

How is Africa their home when most of them now are probably the 3rd or 4th generation over here? I've got a French great-grandfather, should I be sent back to France?
Reply 92
Original post by sugar-n-spice
but where d'ya draw the line?

Asians are Indo-Caucasian do you sent them back aswell?

What about whites who came over here generations ago? Yu just cant tell the difference between them and proper brits it wouldnt be fair heck even proper brits were immigrants

Most sane people see "proper brits" as people who are culturally english, welsh or scottish.

Of course, you do get the liberals... :rolleyes:
At least, IMO.
Your arbitrary opinion that is inconsequential to the fact that they are equal to you as UK citizens.
Reply 94
Original post by Mufasaa
It wouldn't decrease anywhere near 95%. I know around here we've got a low level of people who aren't white (86% white according to Wiki, which seems about correct) but we've still got one of the highest crime rates in the UK (second outside of parts of London, Birmingham and Manchester IIRC). This seems to be reflected in who commits the crimes around here too.

How is Africa their home when most of them now are probably the 3rd or 4th generation over here? I've got a French great-grandfather, should I be sent back to France?

Do you act french? If so then maybe. You certainly shouldn't be acting french and hoping to stay. Logical people will tell you that you would prefer france.

I'm part american indian. So what? I feel English. I act English. I like English people and England.
Reply 95
Your arbitrary opinion that is inconsequential to the fact that they are equal to you as UK citizens.

As is your opinion.

Legally.
Original post by Bonged.
Most sane people see "proper brits" as people who are culturally english, welsh or scottish.

Of course, you do get the liberals... :rolleyes:
So all English, Welsh and Scottish people are entirely homogeneous in their culinary, music and artistic interests, enjoy the same things, have the same hobbies, etc., else they are not 'proper brits [sic]'? Is there an archetypal English, Welsh and Scottish person as a reference point or was that statement made up on the spot?
Reply 97
So all English, Welsh and Scottish people are entirely homogebeous in their culinary, music and artistic interests, enjoy the same things, have the same hobbies, etc., else they are not 'proper brits [sic]'? Is there an archetypal English, Welsh and Scottish person as a reference point or was that statement made up on the spot?

No. Are you nuts?
Reply 98
Original post by Bonged.
Do you act french? If so then maybe. You certainly shouldn't be acting french and hoping to stay. Logical people will tell you that you would prefer france.

I'm part american indian. So what? I feel English. I act English. I like English people and England.

These gangsters are acting 'English' too. I doubt it's a stretch to say they feel 'English' either.
Reply 99
Original post by Mufasaa
These gangsters are acting 'English' too. I doubt it's a stretch to say they feel 'English' either.

Why do you put English in quotation marks?

Latest

Trending

Trending