Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Food and Drink: Eaten Never, Eaten Eternal, This One Delicious, That One Infernal!

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Food and Drink have a magical effect on us all, with an incredible magnetic radius, dependant on the dish or drink in question. The polarity can be exceptionally positive OR negative, though - to the point where you feel you ALWAYS want one particular munch, or you despise so much that you barely even want to SEE it, let alone eat !!

In this thread we fill out the spectrum of this magical munchie magnetism in the form of a checklist! Copy, Fill out, PASTE! PAAAASTE, PEOPLE!

EATEN ALWAYS, WILL ALWAYS BUY UNTIL I DIE:
    EATEN SOMETIMES, WILL BUY ON OCCASION:
    TRIED ONCE, WILL MAYBE TRY AGAIN SOMEDAY:
    TRIED ONCE, WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN:
    NEVER TRIED, BUT FANCY TRYING ONCE, AT LEAST:
    NEVER TRIED, AND ON THE FENCE ABOUT EATING:
    NEVER TRIED, AND REFUSE TO EVER TRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE:

Notice that it says "Eaten" but it can equally be drinks. Not that you EAT DRINKS, I'm just... I mean... Ah, screw it, you know what I mean.

Eaten Never, Eaten Eternal, This One Delicious, That One Infernal!
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    EATEN ALWAYS, WILL ALWAYS BUY UNTIL I DIE: Irn Bru. Alongside Pepsi Max, these are my lifeblood.
    EATEN SOMETIMES, WILL BUY ON OCCASION: Tuna. I love tuna, but I prefer white fish, crustaceans or molluscs to oily fish.
    TRIED ONCE, WILL MAYBE TRY AGAIN SOMEDAY: Pop Tarts. I pass these on a daily basis and enjoy them when I have them, but never have the urge to buy them.
    TRIED ONCE, WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN: Frog's Legs. They tasted like bland chicken and they were a less pleasant texture... as well as being incredibly expensive at the time.
    NEVER TRIED, BUT FANCY TRYING ONCE, AT LEAST: Horsemeat. Apparently it is similar to Venison, and I can see why, they're similar in physiology.
    NEVER TRIED, AND ON THE FENCE ABOUT EATING: Weetabix Golden Syrup. Much like the Weetabix Chocolate, I'm thinking it's just going to be a case of "I kinda wish I'd just got regular Weetabix and added stuff to it myself."
    NEVER TRIED, AND REFUSE TO EVER TRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE: Bacardi Breezers. They just don't appeal to me whatsoever. If I wanted a sweet drink with some actual alcohol in it, there's always Malibu/Dooleys/Baileys!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    EATEN ALWAYS, WILL ALWAYS BUY UNTIL I DIE: Pepsi Max. Love it, I see no change in this, ever. Foodwise? Mushrooms, and prawns. And cereal. Don't forget cereal.
    EATEN SOMETIMES, WILL BUY ON OCCASION: Nutella; it's good, but a bit too calorific to have too often! I also love Sea Bass, Crab Meat and Tuna, but not too often... It'd be ruined!
    TRIED ONCE, WILL MAYBE TRY AGAIN SOMEDAY: Oysters. I didn't particularly enjoy them, but hey, maybe it's a 'second time and I'll get the obsession' kinda thing! And bacon and pancakes, I found it SO weird, but maybe it grows on you?
    TRIED ONCE, WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN: Spam Fritters. My mum made them, I hated it. I will always hate it I think...
    Oatabix. I think I'll stick with Weetabix from now on.
    Cheese and Onion Pastry and Tomato Sauce Filled Scotch Eggs.
    NEVER TRIED, BUT FANCY TRYING ONCE, AT LEAST: Octopus. I think it could be good! I've heard its good? And Pumpkin Pie...American's seem to love the stuff so I reckon it could be good!
    NEVER TRIED, AND ON THE FENCE ABOUT EATING: Chilli Chocolate. Apparently it's good? Who knows...
    Scallops. I like fish so it could be my thing, but I'm apprehensive.
    Also, a steak slice - never tried one but I see lots of people enjoying them!
    NEVER TRIED, AND REFUSE TO EVER TRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE: Blood Pudding. It's kinda a standard answer, but I'm just not into eating blood to be honest. Pork Scratchings; some pieces have hair on. That's a no-go for me.,
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Damn, Dani. I forgot to put "cereal", too! Oh, and EAT SCALLOPS. That is all!

I wonder when MelissaJayne will fill this out? *HINT WINK NUDGE HINT*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    EATEN ALWAYS, WILL ALWAYS BUY UNTIL I DIE: Cheese
    EATEN SOMETIMES, WILL BUY ON OCCASION: Burgers
    TRIED ONCE, WILL MAYBE TRY AGAIN SOMEDAY: Squid
    TRIED ONCE, WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN: My home made tomato sauce. It tasted like citric acid, the herbs just intensified that.
    NEVER TRIED, BUT FANCY TRYING ONCE, AT LEAST: Shark
    NEVER TRIED, AND ON THE FENCE ABOUT EATING: Eels
    NEVER TRIED, AND REFUSE TO EVER TRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE: SOUP - i am actually soup-phobic, it's weird. :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    EATEN ALWAYS, WILL ALWAYS BUY UNTIL I DIE: Peanuts. Something snapped in me when young and now I can't get enough of their salty goodness/badness. Although I don't eat them just plain, I insist on pouring them in a ramekin and mixing with various condiments and grated cheese that equates to one yummy mess.
    EATEN SOMETIMES, WILL BUY ON OCCASION: Eggs. If I'm going to have a dish that mostly celebrates the humble egg it will most likely be poached on toast or a bagel, but I seem to always break them on the way back from the supermarket so have been lately deterred.
    TRIED ONCE, WILL MAYBE TRY AGAIN SOMEDAY: Controversial but I had Zebra not so long ago, and it was really meaty and rich, I'd try it again for sure but not at that price D:
    TRIED ONCE, WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN: Cottage cheese. My friend eats entire tubs to herself, vile cheesy water as well. I'm a lover of cheese but christ, that must be devil's spawn. Blargh.
    NEVER TRIED, BUT FANCY TRYING ONCE, AT LEAST:Foie Gras- just curious really, I doubt I'll go out and buy it by the can though.
    NEVER TRIED, AND ON THE FENCE ABOUT EATING: Tongue- it's not the most common foodstuff but it perplexes me because I'll usually be up for trying anything new but the idea of that freaks me out a bit. I guess it's imagining what might have been on the receiving end of that Ox or other animal's tongue...
    NEVER TRIED, AND REFUSE TO EVER TRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE: This delicacy: maggots lay their eggs in some poor sod of a cheese and it is then subsequently left to fester and be invaded with wriggling bodies before some insane people pass it round to munch on, apparently ignoring the fact that odds are they'll develop one or many illnesses including violent vomiting and diarrhea. Just no.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    EATEN ALWAYS, WILL ALWAYS BUY UNTIL I DIE: Cheese, Mars Bars, Ketchup
    EATEN SOMETIMES, WILL BUY ON OCCASION: Angel Delight
    TRIED ONCE, WILL MAYBE TRY AGAIN SOMEDAY: Mint Ice Cream
    TRIED ONCE, WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN: Sprouts! In terms of drinks, Guinness. Any other drink is fine (Non-alcoholic, Guinness has put me off)
    NEVER TRIED, BUT FANCY TRYING ONCE, AT LEAST: Orange flavoured Jelly
    NEVER TRIED, AND ON THE FENCE ABOUT EATING: Quorn
    NEVER TRIED, AND REFUSE TO EVER TRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE: Cabbage
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmokeRose92)
    TRIED ONCE, WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN: Cottage cheese. My friend eats entire tubs to herself, vile cheesy water as well. I'm a lover of cheese but christ, that must be devil's spawn. Blargh.
    Truer words have rarely been spoken.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    EATEN ALWAYS, WILL ALWAYS BUY UNTIL I DIE: Baked beans.
    EATEN SOMETIMES, WILL BUY ON OCCASION: Tuna. Doesn't taste good but very nutritious.
    TRIED ONCE, WILL MAYBE TRY AGAIN SOMEDAY: Vindaloo. Ordered it from a takeaway but wasn't as hot/spicy as I thought it'd be. Will try again.
    TRIED ONCE, WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN: Raw chilli. NO WAY.
    NEVER TRIED, BUT FANCY TRYING ONCE, AT LEAST: Caviar, to see what all the fuss is about.
    NEVER TRIED, AND ON THE FENCE ABOUT EATING: Roast duck. Never ate duck but I often think there's no harm in experimenting.
    NEVER TRIED, AND REFUSE TO EVER TRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE:
    Mussels. On an appetising scale they rate 0/10.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Damn, Dani. I forgot to put "cereal", too! Oh, and EAT SCALLOPS. That is all!

I wonder when MelissaJayne will fill this out? *HINT WINK NUDGE HINT*
    Forgetting cereal is a sin; Shame on you!

And as for Melissa... May I hazard a guess at Truffles for always purchase
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    EATEN ALWAYS, WILL ALWAYS BUY UNTIL I DIE: CHOCOLATE. I'D DIE WITHOUT IT.
    EATEN SOMETIMES, WILL BUY ON OCCASION: Venison. I can't always eat it, it's too expensive..but I do really like it and try to have it often.
    TRIED ONCE, WILL MAYBE TRY AGAIN SOMEDAY: Ostrich burger. At V festival, quite reminded me of Venison really. Dunno when I'll get hold of it again though!
    TRIED ONCE, WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN: Rabbit. In Italy I had it, I guess people are right when they say it's like chicken but I had hairs in mine! And I generally prefer chicken. I wouldn't pay for it or choose it over anything.
    NEVER TRIED, BUT FANCY TRYING ONCE, AT LEAST: Chicken livers. I don't think I like liver..but I'm not sure I've ever eaten it PROPERLY. And chicken ones are meant to be good.
    NEVER TRIED, AND ON THE FENCE ABOUT EATING: Oysters. I like seafood. I don't really like salt..or the idea of tasting the sea. I used to piss in the sea.
    NEVER TRIED, AND REFUSE TO EVER TRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE: Nowt! Ok apart from snakes heart. I saw it on Channel 4 once!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.