The Student Room Group

Nuffield science bursary 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi master y! when is yours? mine's either on wednesday or thursday :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by Meltingice
Hi master y! when is yours? mine's either on wednesday or thursday :frown:

have you had yours yet? mines tomorrow...
Oh and where do you have to go?

Woah what's with the neg?! There seems to be a crazy negger on the loose.... :unimpressed: :crazy:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Can I ask everyone who's applied and got an interview/placement what region you've applied to? I still haven't heard anything yet, not even when to expect a response :s-smilie:, so I just want to see if it's a quicker process in some places. Thanks
Reply 23
:run::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith:
Reply 24
Original post by master y
:run::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith::suith:

Wahh?
Reply 25
Original post by anjipanji
Wahh?

haha just some procrastination, & i thought the dog was cute! :redface:
Reply 26
haha just some procrastination, & i thought the dog was cute! :redface:

Ahah ok :pingu: :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Meltingice
hey guys, i received an email today.. but they told me i have an interview to attend :s-smilie: does it mean i might not be chosen for the bursary?

Ive got an interview as well xD but yeah I don't think that means we definitely have a place sadly :/ do you know roughly how many people were chosen for interviews comparedto how many applied?
Original post by nixonsunny
Iam doing mine at uni of manchester at the (CRR) radiochemistry research this summer.

Did you have to go for an interview before you were given the place for definite?
Original post by Sinead Reading
Did you have to go for an interview before you were given the place for definite?

which region are you from?
Reading-berkshire
Reply 30
Original post by Sinead Reading
Ive got an interview as well xD but yeah I don't think that means we definitely have a place sadly :/ do you know roughly how many people were chosen for interviews comparedto how many applied?

I had an interview, but was not chosen. there were 5 of us, 3 got chosen :frown:
I'm doing mine in Torbay :smile:

:biggrin: :party:
Hi guys,

I have a nuffield interview and i also do not know what to expect!! Anyone else had one? What did they ask??

The interview means you got in! I had my interview and what happens is that the professor coordinating your project will talk to you about what your interested in what current research he's doing and what you'll be doing. Make sure you research the person who's interviewing you and the field your interested in so the professor has no doubts on whether you'll be able to do the bursary. But don't be alarmed mine was really just a formal chat. Good Luck! Hope this helps :smile:
I had an interview, but was not chosen. there were 5 of us, 3 got chosen :frown:

Oh...so sorry to hear that.. sorry I just saw this thread now...thought there was only one page...don't worry about it though because there are other chances to do work experience over the summer and you'll now have plenty of time to work on a perfect personal statement! Have some quality family time and start your a2s (which i would highly recommend). Also if im honest my nuffield bursary was really boring!! For most of the time we just added bacteria to agar plates! And cleaned everything with ethanol. Sorry about my previous post being to late! Good Luck in all your future endeavors! :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by king0vdarkness
Oh...so sorry to hear that.. sorry I just saw this thread now...thought there was only one page...don't worry about it though because there are other chances to do work experience over the summer and you'll now have plenty of time to work on a perfect personal statement! Have some quality family time and start your a2s (which i would highly recommend). Also if im honest my nuffield bursary was really boring!! For most of the time we just added bacteria to agar plates! And cleaned everything with ethanol. Sorry about my previous post being to late! Good Luck in all your future endeavors! :smile:

Yh but was probably one of my most boring experiences. I wouldn't worry about it. My friend didn't get in and he is one of the most intelligent people I know, he got all a* so far in alevs, so their not that good at picking talented people!

Anyways what degree do you want to do? :smile:
Reply 37
Yh but was probably one of my most boring experiences. I wouldn't worry about it. My friend didn't get in and he is one of the most intelligent people I know, he got all a* so far in alevs, so their not that good at picking talented people!

Yeah when i went for an interview, i wasn;t that interested. I want to do medicine, what are you doing? (are you at uni already?)

how do they decide/select who'll get a nuffield bursary?
i want to do a medical related one- i know a student in the year above who got into the hospital
Original post by AishaTara
how do they decide/select who'll get a nuffield bursary?
i want to do a medical related one- i know a student in the year above who got into the hospital

I applied for the Surrey one, and they said they had no medical ones and very few biochem ones. So I went out and called loads of institutions and the closest to medicine that I got (I'm a prospective medical applicant too) is one at a Renal Lab research on causes of kidney disease, mind you, I did call about 30 places and it was the only offer that I had :redface:

So...my advice is to call around and if you get one just tell your coordinator and they'll award you the bursary :smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending