The Student Room Group

Size 8 girls...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T-Toe
Eat what I want. Minimal exercise.

U mad?

Edit - Just being honest. Haters gon hate.

Wowww your lucky! :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by EffieFlowers

And secondly, that simply can't be true, there's not a specific, distinct figure which everyone should be in order to be a at their healthiest, each individual is different, so there's more of a range of 'healthiest weight', not a certain figure.

You took the words right out of my mouth! :biggrin:
I totally agree, there is no perfect size, but only a healthy range (which differs greatly from person to person, depending on your height, build and muscle mass).

I'm on the lower end of the healthy bmi range as I'm very lightly built and I often get skinny-bashed for being a size 8.

I've never been on a diet and I never worry/fret over my weight. I eat when I'm hungry and when I'm not hungry, I don't. Everything seems to self-regulate.

I'm almost vegetarian (I rarely eat meat), I eat LOTS of fruit/veg and most of my meals are cooked from raw ingredients (I dislike chips/take-aways/pre-cooked meals).
I spend £10-20 on groceries per week and literally can't afford to eat lots of calorific snacks (eg. last week I bought 3 bars of chocolate). My activity levels fluctuate greatly: in the last week I've done about 1 1/2 hour of walking (total).

I think, if you eat healthily (lots of fibre, lots of greens & cut out all the fatty/sugary snacks and instant meals), it's a lot harder to put on weight, even when exercise is minimal.
I do no exercise.

TODAY I have eaten

11AM - 1 happy meal - chicken nuggets, fries and a strawberry milkshake
4PM - 1 rice crispy square - rocky road flavour
7 PM - dinner - shepherds pie and mange-tout

and about 3 glasses of oranges juice and 2 of squash.

not very healthy today. But I hope this gives a clue of size of portions. I'm size 6/8 depending on the shop.

Edit: LIED, first sentance, if walking counts as exercise than I walk about 2.5 miles per day (to school and back).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 63
I typically have a bowl of cereal/few slices of toast/porridge in the morning,
soup/pitta+ hummus/cereal for lunch
fish (something like grilled salmon) with cous-cous/mushy peas, or a jacket potato with tuna, or some pasta with pesto, salad etc for dinner.
I eat so many tins of peaches its crazy. I drink a lot of water too.

That's what I would typically eat, besides the days I spend with my boyfriend- its then mcdonalds, chips, wedges, chicken nuggets, burgers etc plus crisps, chocolate, sweets...
I am a uni student, about 5'7 in height. The only exercise I do is walking back from uni a few times a week which takes about 20 minutes.
:smile:
I'm a size 6/8-it varies. To be honest, I eat quite a lot of food- everything you would normally eat including carbohydrates, proteins, fat etc. I also tend to snack a lot because I always seem to be hungry :colondollar: However, I exercise regularly. The best way to maintain a good dress size isn't to diet, or eat less food, but to do lots of sport to burn off the calories. Besides, sports are fun :') I know you didn't ask about exercising, but it works! I do an hour of swimming a day, I run for 30 mins, I do an hour of athletics after school and do karate. And random sports on the weekend. So focus on getting to a size 8 through exercising rather than dieting, because it's the easiest option! And good luck! xD
I dont exercise...

But I eat maybe a meal or two a day (Like majority of it is junk food and I binge on chocolates and treats)

Well my waist is a lil small like almost a size 6...
Original post by Jesst101
What do you eat in an average day and how much exercise do you do?

Honestly I eat a fair amount, but usually skip breakfast and I eat alot of junk food! I also do no exercise whatsoever, i'm just naturally this size sorry!
Reply 67
I generally don't eat set meals, just sort of snack all day? The stuff I eat kind of goes in phases, what I'm eating at the moment is bananas, microchips, french toast, cereal, chocolate brioches and cheese and marmite sandwiches.

I don't really exercise to be honest :colondollar:

Oh, today for example I've had 2 bananas, a cheese and tuna melt, a pain au chocolat and 2 boxes of chips.

Original post by RoxySoph
That's what I would typically eat, besides the days I spend with my boyfriend- its then mcdonalds, chips, wedges, chicken nuggets, burgers etc plus crisps, chocolate, sweets...

What is it with boyfriends? I'm the same, when I'm with him all we do is eat ice cream, cheesecake, pizza, nachos. It's a delicious nightmare :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by im so academic
They why did some of those people tugged at my legs and chanted out "you need to lose weight on those legs"?

Oh God I get this.
I'm a size 6 for jeans, 8 for tops and when I wore a dress one day, I sat down and it rode up a little bit (not too far) and my (male) friend looked at my legs and said "your legs are quite fat actually, aren't they?"

I know I wear a small size of clothing but it doesn't mean I'm secure about my body. My thighs just look misplaced to me, I feel like I might be lying to myself because they're just bigger than you'd expect. I don't really need them being pointed out.

I eat fairly healthily when you look at my diet, it's pretty balanced and I try and have three meals a day, though often I only have two. I don't do that much exercise really but I walk whenever I can.
Reply 69
Yesterday I had a pain au chocolat, mc donalds chicken nugget meal (large) with a free cheeseburger, a banana, a bar of galaxy, loads of rice cakes, garlic bread and lasagne. But I did a 9 hour shift and had to lift about 4 sofas and carry them around the shop.

Today I had fruit, rice cakes, vegetable stir fry and rice, and leftover lasagne, and some sorbet. It varies. I spent the day in the garden reading for uni.

Active days = eat crap Quiet days = eat well

I also go to the gym 2/3 times a week :smile:
Reply 70
I always eat a decent breakfast but sadly it's the one meal of my day that is decent. I have a really sweet tooth so have to fight to avoid junk. My diet is not very varied and on the whole,I tend to eat less calories during the weekdays and more on weekends so everything tends to balance out. It's not exactly a healthy way of maintaining my weight I know. As for exercise, I exercise five days a week because I'm naturally a size twelve jean/size 10 top so need to actively maintain my current figure. Although sometimes I wonder if it's worth the hassle.

So today:
Porridge with a banana
An apple
A chicken sandwich on brown bread
A pear (and a dark chocolate bounty!)
Lentil soup, two ryvita and some salad
2L of water, two cups of tea and two green teas
(edited 12 years ago)
Going vegan/vegetarian
But actual vegetarian, not 'oh i eat chicken... but that doesn't count!' Gah. Hate those people with a passion.
OK this is actually scary...

People can actually eat happy meals for breakfast, eat 15 snacks a day, do zero exercise and have a supermodel's figure?

/crawls into cave and cries :emo:
I'm 5ft7 and i weigh about 9 stone (i think). I'm a size 8. I'm not really comfortable telling you what i eat because my diet isn't very healthy and i don't eat enough. I'm not naturally a size 8 so i work hard to keep my weight down this low. If you're already a healthy weight there's no need to be a size 8.
Reply 74
I'm a size 8 but I'm not healthy at all - I don't eat most days and my rules for exercise are go till it hurts then + one set for strength and keep going until you feel like you're going to pass out for cardio. I'm having therapy for an eating disorder now and much as my messed up brain tries to tell me, it isn't worth it to be skinny. You lose more than weight.
Reply 75
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
OK this is actually scary...

People can actually eat happy meals for breakfast, eat 15 snacks a day, do zero exercise and have a supermodel's figure?

/crawls into cave and cries :emo:

I know, I have friends who eat junk often but are size 6...it's not fair. I merely have to sniff chocolate and it's love handle central. Damn genes :emo:

But yeah OP, I'm 5ft 2, size 8/10, eat 3 meals a day. I go to the gym 3 times a week and do pilates at home.

Today I've had:

2 x slices of wholemeal toast with peanut butter
Cup of tea, 1 sugar, splash of milk

Bowl of honey weetabix minis :coma:, milk
An apple
Some grapes
Handful of pistachios

Homemade chicken curry with rice + lots of veggies
A wholemeal bread roll

Lots of water

...and packet of Frazzles :tongue:
Reply 76
Today I've had

-porridge with blueberries and golden syrup

-Huuuge bowl of bean salad

-another plain bowl of porridge

-Lentils and butternut squash

-carrot soup

- spinach salad

-a packet of 16 fishsticks

-Copious amounts of tea and coffee

And I went on a 7 mile jog.
(edited 12 years ago)
Then explain to me why many people have told me that I'm fat when I am a size 8? (And I am not bull****ting about my size).

They're probably jealous. Just like when pretty girls get called ugly.
Reply 78
Then explain to me why many people have told me that I'm fat when I am a size 8? (And I am not bull****ting about my size).

So did the oxbridge trolls lose their steam?
Original post by Branwen Lake
They're probably jealous. Just like when pretty girls get called ugly.

They're pretty and slim themselves?

Quick Reply

Latest