The Student Room Group

Dentistry Re-applicants 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Hey guys!

Did any of you re-sit your A-Levels?! Bcos I got offers this year but won't make the grades :frown:((
I know a lot of people have the grades when they take a gap year, so is there any point in me applying? :frown: I didn't above any mitigating circumstances, I just had family problems and stress, which is why I couldn't get the grades xx
Reply 161
Original post by niki135
Hey guys!

Did any of you re-sit your A-Levels?! Bcos I got offers this year but won't make the grades :frown:((
I know a lot of people have the grades when they take a gap year, so is there any point in me applying? :frown: I didn't above any mitigating circumstances, I just had family problems and stress, which is why I couldn't get the grades xx

i had a gap year and applied the following year and i had AAB so had to resit an exam to get AAA. I've got a place in Leeds starting in september, so its worth applying. the only ones that accept retakes are manchester, kings college, leeds, sheffield and plymouth (i think). manchester says you need an A* if resitting and kings college will actually accept you on BBB if you UKCAT and interview is really good so if dentistry is what you want its worth going for.
Hi I was wondering if you guys will give me some help. i have just finished my AS with BBCC. I have always dreamed about doing dentistry. I am so upset with my grades. I dont think it reflects me. I have decided to apply for pharmacy this year. then at the end of my a levels try to get AAA by retaking and working super hard. if my gardes turn out okay i want to take a gap year and apply for dentistry. is that okay? can i apply for dentistry in my gap year without applying for it the first time? what does someone do if they get rejected in their gap year? thank you :smile:
Original post by abida.I
Hi I was wondering if you guys will give me some help. i have just finished my AS with BBCC. I have always dreamed about doing dentistry. I am so upset with my grades. I dont think it reflects me. I have decided to apply for pharmacy this year. then at the end of my a levels try to get AAA by retaking and working super hard. if my gardes turn out okay i want to take a gap year and apply for dentistry. is that okay? can i apply for dentistry in my gap year without applying for it the first time? what does someone do if they get rejected in their gap year? thank you :smile:

Heyy there, I also got BBCC this year for my AS and am soo disappointed because I had my heart set on dentistry. I am gonna take a gap year, was wondering how it all went? Are you taking a gap year?
Original post by student__1001
Heyy there, I also got BBCC this year for my AS and am soo disappointed because I had my heart set on dentistry. I am gonna take a gap year, was wondering how it all went? Are you taking a gap year?

Hey, Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I got for my a levels A*A*B in bio, chem and art. I'm still over the moon! but it turned out that it was still not good enough for them. It made me so angry and completely reconsider if dentistry was for me. Its really frustrating how I am so proud of my results, yet they make me feel so ****. So anyways I applied for biomedical science via clearing. I think it was the best decision for me. I realised before getting my results that I might really enjoy it and now I'm at the University of Kent. The advice I give to you is to put your head down and work as much as you can!!! Really consider what your actually going to do in your gap year (if you do it). Always remember that you have options. I really enjoyed my last year of sixth form. I think its really important you enjoy doing your a level subjects. As soon as you do, you will get much better grades. Message me any questions you have:smile: Abida x

Quick Reply

Latest