The Student Room Group

Chocolate 'may help keep people slim'

the best new diet for me!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17511011

(it's not proven yet etc but this is a good enough excuse for me to eat more chocolate!!)

Scroll to see replies

Complete ****ing *******s, quite frankly.

I admire their wishful thinking though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
This is likely going to be the same as all the antioxidant crap. No, eating a handful of blueberries because theyre a "superfood" is not going to make you live forever or be able to fly or lose 10stone or let you do no exercise.

Load of BS as with the poster above.

Nice try though cadburys.
Energy expenditure > Energy intake = weight loss

Does it mention anything about their BMI, diet and/or lifestyle?

But seriously after training I sit down and watch simpsons, at the advert I realise theres a huge empty cadbury's wrapper (the £1 chocolate and nut) on my belly :colondollar:

But my weight stay the same, Unless "intentionally" losing/ gaining.
Reply 4
"People who eat chocolate regularly tend to be thinner."

My first interpretation would be that people who are naturally slim feel that they can eat chocolate more often and so do so. Whereas because we all "know" that chocolate = junk = get fat, overweight people avoid it in a vain attempt to control their weight.
Reply 5
Original post by ieatcheeseyo
theres a huge empty cadbury's wrapper on my belly

Don't you mean on your six-pack :wink:
Reply 6
But wouldn't it be amazing if it were true!? Imagine if chocolate had the same amount of calories as lettuce... :biggrin: That would be an amazing world! hehe
Original post by Elwyn
Don't you mean on your six-pack :wink:

"same ting" :cool:

But yeah, 10 minutes into an episode I've finsihed a whole packet

Energy (KJ) 2060
Energy (KCal) 490
Protein 8.3g
Carbohydrate 55.8g
(of which Sugar) 55.2g
Total Fat 25.9g
(of which Saturated Fat) 14.4g
Fibre 1.4g
Sodium* 0.1g
* Equiv as Salt 0.25g :/
To ASDA!
Where's my debit card.....
I reckon if you eat a filling chocolate, i.e. dark chocolate, really slowly, you feel fuller quicker, so you eat less...
Original post by Claudine

(it's not proven yet etc but this is a good enough excuse for me to eat more chocolate!!)

"its not proven that I am an idiot but I am willing to find out!"

This is why I do not give women any advice anymore. Took me a couple of years but I nailed it few months ago.
Reply 11
Original post by RastaMannn
I reckon if you eat a filling chocolate, i.e. dark chocolate, really slowly, you feel fuller quicker, so you eat less...

I like your theory! :tongue:
Reply 12

The only thing people will be slimming is their wallets. :biggrin:
Original post by RastaMannn

Who the hell eats chocolate slowly? OP hope you are joking about eating more chocolate.
Reply 14
Original post by chronic_fatigue
Who the hell eats chocolate slowly? OP hope you are joking about eating more chocolate.

Yeah course, I couldn't eat more than I do already anyway :wink:
Reply 15
Also, weight alone is not the be all and end all of good health.
Reply 16
Read it and ran to the kitchen to fetch the "Nutella"!
I wrote a piece about this for my stats work this week. Correlation does not equal causation and the word 'maybe' in your sentence makes the entire thing *******s.
Reply 18
Original post by effy27
Read it and ran to the kitchen to fetch the "Nutella"!

Best attitude on here so far! :tongue:

it says it's got nothing to do with quantity but with how many times they eat it, so for all we know slimmer people might be eating 10 grams of chocolate three times a week whereas the fat people eat 900 grams of it in two weeks. they just worrded it carefully. :rolleyes: would have been nice though. :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending