The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good thread, OP. I feel sorry for anyone who lived here back when we weren't nearly as diverse. And imagine in 20-30 years time, England is going to be so mother****ing diverse, it will be awesome. I know it's impossible but it would be great if we could one day get to 100% diversity. Like, when absolutely everyone was diverse. But because of racists I doubt we will.
Reply 21
Original post by DorianGrayism
I don't understand why there is a LOL.

Because its so ridiculous. It was only a short time ago where seeing a black person was rare for that generation.

Diversity should be celebrated. No longer are we a overwhemingly white nation that we were in the 20th century (thank god).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Gnobe
Because its so ridiculous. It was only a short time ago where seeing a black person was rare for that generation.

Diversity should be celebrated. No longer are we a overwhemingly white nation that we were in the 20th century, and this is brilliant.

I agree, diversity is AWESOME. I love how diverse my city is. It's incredibly diverse.
Original post by Sharpshooter
now we have Rihanna, Flo Rida, Chris Brown etc, much more diverse too (which is a good thing).

Looool more diverse? Play me one of their songs and I guarantee you I won't know which one of the three it's by.

Music these days, it all sounds the same! :rant:
Reply 24
I don't really see why you're "proud" of the fact that the UK is more diverse. I'm not ashamed of it, I just don't see how the skin colour of those around you could affect you one way or the other. I get your point about it being a good thing that children are growing up knowing about other cultures though.

I'm mainly posting to say I'm shocked that you're implying that Rihanna, Flo Rida and Chris Brown are better than ABBA, who were, of course, legends :tongue:
Reply 25
Clear that OP is a BNP/EDL supporter who has created a supposedly ''innocent'' thread in yet another attempt to whip up anti-multiculturalism hysteria on TSR, for all the 30 year old trolls posing as students to jerk off to.
:mwuaha::mwuaha::mwuaha:
Original post by Miracle Day
Rihanna - Hot, but her music is repetative and overplayed.

If you find trashy hot, I guess so.
That kind of look just doesn't have any class, so I don't find it "hot."
Reply 27
Original post by Joe-89
I don't really see why you're "proud" of the fact that the UK is more diverse. I'm not ashamed of it, I just don't see how the skin colour of those around you could affect you one way or the other. I get your point about it being a good thing that children are growing up knowing about other cultures though.

It's not just about skin colour - though that is important - it's about everything in their culture and way of life that's different to ours.
Ther ruinen r cultur!
Original post by Miracle Day
Flo Rida - Omg 'Good Feeling' gets on my nerves! Wish Capital Fm would stop playing it!

Couldn't agree more. Totally destroyed the awesome Avicii levels :frown:
Reply 30
Original post by NB_ide
Good thread, OP. I feel sorry for anyone who lived here back when we weren't nearly as diverse. And imagine in 20-30 years time, England is going to be so mother****ing diverse, it will be awesome. I know it's impossible but it would be great if we could one day get to 100% diversity. Like, when absolutely everyone was diverse. But because of racists I doubt we will.

Do you not think there might actually be more to "diversity" than skin tone? You could have a boring group of people from all over the world, or you could have an interesting group of people from the same place who play music, have travelled, work as war journalists and paint oil paintings - i.e. they are interesting people with a diverse range of interests. I hate people like you who define people by skin tone and wrap it up as "diverse" or whatever PC bullcrap
Reply 31
Original post by Ferdowsi
Do you not think there might actually be more to "diversity" than skin tone? You could have a boring group of people from all over the world, or you could have an interesting group of people from the same place who play music, have travelled, work as war journalists and paint oil paintings - i.e. they are interesting people with a diverse range of interests. I hate people like you who define people by skin tone and wrap it up as "diverse" or whatever PC bullcrap

Skin colour is completely irrelevant, I don't even notice it :smile:
Original post by Sharpshooter
I was looking at the demographics of this nation and how it's changed, with the 1991 census, do you know ethnic minorities only made up 5% of the country back then?? (The 2011 census is potentially going to show around 12%, nearly treble that in just 20 years)

Personally I'm quite proud we've become this diverse of a society and we're heading more so and more so.

But the UK only 5% non white in 1990?? :eek: Must have been a bit strange eh? I guess growing up in the 80's/90s must have been wierd with the country lacking so much diversity. Thankfully this decade we've taken off and becoming more somewhere like America.

Think of music then also, it was so white, groups like Abba in the charts, now we have Rihanna, Flo Rida, Chris Brown etc, much more diverse too (which is a good thing).

I guess children now have it better diversity wise than kids from 60s-90s then, when it as a bit blander.

Northern Ireland is over 99% white. Of the 1% non-white, most are Chinese or other Asian.
Before moving to Glasgow I had only ever spoken to one black person in my life.
It's pretty crazy.
Reply 33
Immigration is responsible for this country losing it's Christian heritage. People not going to church has nothing to do with it!
I think my area of Wales is still only 5% non-white - I only know two people who aren't white in my whole area!
Reply 35
Original post by NB_ide
Skin colour is completely irrelevant, I don't even notice it :smile:

Your such a liar out for self-gratification and moral superiority much?

Frankie boyle put it best

Dara: "and the topic is, things you wouldn't hear on question time"

Frankie: "OK lets take a question from the black man who is clearly black but I won't mention he's black so you, yes, the man in the red sweater"
Original post by Yawn!
Immigration is responsible for this country losing it's Christian heritage. People not going to church has nothing to do with it!

I would disagree. Huge influxs of Polish immigrants have actually saved the Catholic Church.
Reply 37
Original post by Forget that
I would disagree. Huge influxs of Polish immigrants have actually saved the Catholic Church.

Thank you for making my joke....not funny anymore. Appreciate it, bro.
Reply 38
Original post by prog2djent
Your such a liar out for self-gratification and moral superiority much?

Frankie boyle put it best

Dara: "and the topic is, things you wouldn't hear on question time"

Frankie: "OK lets take a question from the black man who is clearly black but I won't mention he's black so you, yes, the man in the red sweater"

A racist? On TSR?!?!

No way!!!
The only really good Flo Rida song is this tbh:

[video="youtube;2m7P8BRTilk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m7P8BRTilk&ob=av2e[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending