Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is male beauty unappreciated?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm tired of seeing near naked women always being featured in videos. ( depending on the styles of music you listen to). If a woman is the singer she will almost always feature near naked women instead of men. If a man is featured ( RARELY ) he will just have a quick part and then it's back to her and her ego trip.

If a man is the singer he will almost always feature near naked women.

I think the male form is stunning.Is just as beautiful (if not MORE so) than a woman's, plus it would be a refreshing change to see something other than breasts and azz.

Looks like half of us are complete lesbians the way we don't appreciate the male form, otherwise why wouldn't more female singers feature men? If they ever do it's for a REALLY short time and it's quickly back to "her".

In Greek and roman culture male beauty was greatly appreciated.I think its why so-many Italian and Greek men are still soo hot.

The only reason I watch most sports is to get my kicks checking out the man crumpet.

Also why is a goodlooking man always seen as "gay" ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Guys don't like looking at naked guys.

Guys like looking at naked girls.

Girls don't care / also appreciate naked girls.

Probably that. I'm guessing here. I have no idea what I'm on about.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I appreciate it :sexface:
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, it isn't...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most music videos like this are crappy pop songs by ****ty rappers or Autotuned idiots singing about clubs and sex. People who watch these want the man to be all macho and strong and the women to be pretty, scantily dressed bimbo-looking dancers. E.g. most R'n'B.

Anyway it's not exactly a good thing to be writhing around in a bikini. It's not appreciation just perving.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah124)
    I'm tired of seeing near naked women always being featured in videos. ( depending on the styles of music you listen to). If a woman is the singer she will almost always feature near naked women instead of men. If a man is featured ( RARELY ) he will just have a quick part and then it's back to her and her ego trip.

If a man is the singer he will almost always feature near naked women.

I think the male form is stunning.Is just as beautiful (if not MORE so) than a woman's, plus it would be a refreshing change to see something other than breasts and azz.

Looks like half of us are complete lesbians the way we don't appreciate the male form, otherwise why wouldn't more female singers feature men? If they ever do it's for a REALLY short time and it's quickly back to "her".

In Greek and roman culture male beauty was greatly appreciated.I think its why so-many Italian and Greek men are still soo hot.

The only reason I watch most sports is to get my kicks checking out the man crumpet.

Also why is a goodlooking man always seen as "gay" ?
    Lol, funny you say that cos if you see on tv or something, a naked man, even with a good body, women always turn away, why is that? Nothing would stop me from looking at a curvy, naked beauty streaking in public, haha. Most girls these days seem to like men who look like women anyway, no body hair, pouty, eyebrows shaped etc.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a cultural thing. As you say, in certain cultures the male form appeared in an artistic form a lot more often. There is a biological bias to it though - male sexuality is typically more visually motivated by female sexuality. Most men pay proportionately more attention to the appearance of potential partners than women do, and for that reason having women on show is often more effective than having men on show. I think men also feel easily threatened by attractive male forms, as they often look stronger and fitter than they do.

There may also be a hint in the activities you're picking up on though: the women you talk about in music videos are typically dancing, which is seen as more feminine, whilst you mention watching sports - seen as more masculine - to look at attractive men.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.