The Student Room Group

Hertfordshire Adult Nursing 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tinapaija
hey, my interview was on january. The tests are quiet easy but i found maths hard. The people that interviewed me were two women and they were really nice. I was nervous at first but as soon as you just be yourself and answer their questions, you will be fine. the questions are as usual- Why do you want to be a Nurse? Have you got any experiences like you can talk about your placement in care home or nursery if you have one? and be interested when they are asking questions and don't forget to smile. hope my answer was helpful. take care

Thanks hun, i really appreciate that. My interview is 30 of this month, hopefully I will do my best.
Reply 41
Original post by miss_limbu
Did you go for your interview. Check out the previous page, there are list of questions that some of us posted. Goodluck

No, I will be going end of Month. How can i find the previous page? Thanks hun. X
Original post by Rama2
No, I will be going end of Month. How can i find the previous page? Thanks hun. X

Look on your right bottom, you see 1|2|3| just press page 1 then read some of the comments then to page |2|. the questions are standard to all the nursing students. this is what i wrote in the page 1, you can find these same question quit in detail in page 2.
Just prepare this 5 set questions and then your know some answer from your cover letter. Don't worry too much. you have the questions right in front of you. when i went i didn't even had....just you have to prove them that you really want to be a nurse and you can work hard to achieve your goals. Good luck
Interview:
there were 5 set of question and the lady told me this is the standard question.
1.Why do you want to do Adult nursing?
2. this question i cant remember but it is something to do with role of a nurse
3. How do you handle conflict when there is one?
if the patients do not want to come into hospital for care and they stay out, 4.how do you handle this situation?
5. how do you manage stress or cope with university...something related to this
Original post by andreealuca
hello:biggrin: i've just accepted my interview at herts for adult nursing .and now i'm nervous about it...:s-smilie:

Don't be nervous. just prepare the interview question that i have listed. Get the best out of you. smile to them, talk to them as you are talking to a friend but of course with proper English, wear a suit or any smart casual. At the end of the day, it is in their hand and you have to try your best to show your good personality and of course do not forget to ask them any kind of questions at the end of the interview. don't be nervous and say that you don't have any question to ask to them...
English test is summary writing and math is basic math. if you are in access course or studying any maths than test will be ok.
Wish you luck and update us about your status.
Reply 44
Original post by miss_limbu
Look on your right bottom, you see 1|2|3| just press page 1 then read some of the comments then to page |2|. the questions are standard to all the nursing students. this is what i wrote in the page 1, you can find these same question quit in detail in page 2.
Just prepare this 5 set questions and then your know some answer from your cover letter. Don't worry too much. you have the questions right in front of you. when i went i didn't even had....just you have to prove them that you really want to be a nurse and you can work hard to achieve your goals. Good luck
Interview:
there were 5 set of question and the lady told me this is the standard question.
1.Why do you want to do Adult nursing?
2. this question i cant remember but it is something to do with role of a nurse
3. How do you handle conflict when there is one?
if the patients do not want to come into hospital for care and they stay out, 4.how do you handle this situation?
5. how do you manage stress or cope with university...something related to this

I have seen it now. thanks a lot, it will definitely hepl me, really appreciate your help. I will let you know how i get on.x
Original post by Rama2
I have seen it now. thanks a lot, it will definitely hepl me, really appreciate your help. I will let you know how i get on.x

Ya sure! thankx...Also read the post just before this one i have mentioned there that it is about your personality as well, there are other 100s of students like you and to stand out you have to smile, show some friendliness, show some of your good habbit. You will be alright with so much of information before the interview.
GOODLUCK
Reply 46
guys i have a interview for Hertfordshire and i am really nervous can you share your experiences i really want to go because it is my first choice

what do i wear
how was the English and math test
what questions do they ask
what should i study for in the maths exam
helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppp!!!!!!!!!
Original post by sharon123
guys i have a interview for Hertfordshire and i am really nervous can you share your experiences i really want to go because it is my first choice

what do i wear
how was the English and math test
what questions do they ask
what should i study for in the maths exam
helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppp!!!!!!!!!

Don't be nervous. Just read all the post. the answers are there. All the questions including what you have to wear has already been posted. so just relax and focus whatever questions you find here and know your personal statement. wish you luck.
Reply 48
im just nervous on what to expect in the maths im bad at maths :s-smilie:

ok. look at the following either:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/study/applicants/preregistration/selectiondays/tests.aspx
or
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/study/applicants/preregistration/selectiondays/NumeracyAssessmentExample.pdf

Math is very basic.
do you know how to convert KL TO LITER. there are 3, 4 question related to it.
other
basic multiplication. division and 1 question on average mean

wish you luck
Reply 50

I did really bad at the maths and still got an offer! Relax :smile:
Reply 51
were calculators permitted
were calculators permitted

no...no calculators. just remember basic multiplication like 7*7 is 49
9*8=72
just rember few of these...if you can remember than your calculation will be faster and you can finish it on time...i finished it very fast, i didn't have to sit and calculate...
for metric conversion you just need to play with 10,100, 1000 either multiply or divide.
check the videos in youtube.
just wondering has anyone recieved a conditional offer for herts adult nursing? if so what were the grades?
Original post by smurphy1994
just wondering has anyone recieved a conditional offer for herts adult nursing? if so what were the grades?

I don't think, we are getting it until our grades are sent to them
Reply 55
Hey guys has anybody been interviewed for the msc adult nursing for herts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending