The Student Room Group

Do girls like virgins?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Lucia.
I see these types of threads a lot and whilst I've been there before, I don't think it is something one should worry about a great deal. I'm not going to lie and I have to make the point that for women with experience, they prefer to have a man with more of it than her (sometimes even if they say otherwise). There are other factors to take into account such as what role a person wants to fulfil in a relationship; some people prefer to be more dominant, and others more submissive. You can't halt biology though as women generally don't want to be the teacher.

To a certain degree it's possible to intuitively discern another person's level of experience. In this case you shouldn't worry because if someone believes you are a virgin and is put off because of this, then that is one less person to think about in the sphere of dating. The right person will come along who feels you are a fit. When people are put off dating someone who's a virgin, this isn't anything personal. As you date more, you become less idealistic and more straight-up about what you think would provide the right balance in a relationship. If anything, it is actually beneficial that people will come out and say what their views are. You wouldn't want someone to dress up the facts; it's better to see the world how it is, and accept that there's a level of people's perceptions outside of your control. It's a lot less kind for people to be too all-embracing in dating. They start off with good intentions but only later face up to what they really want. It's better to address this at the outset.

At the same time, you have to realise that sleeping with lots of women doesn't equate to being good at pleasuring a woman. It's possible that it can be but it's not really relevant. I don't think women are necessarily put off by virgins because of a lack of sexual experience. They are more put off by the potential for a lack of relationship experience, which is really important. Some men aren't necessarily in tune with a woman's emotional needs, which are part-and-parcel of her sexual experience (orgasms are in the mind). Men have to be aware of the primeval level of attraction which women strongly respond to. For clarification of what I mean, refer to Alan Roger Currie as an example.

Thank you for speaking good sense!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending