Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does Euro 2012 excite you?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ccfcadam36)
    i'm quire dissapointed at the lack of patriotism on here c'mon england!!!!
    plus i'm really considering put a bet on rooney to be top scorer despite being banned for the first 2 games
    You may as well burn the money.

He scored 1 or 2 goals at Euro 2004 and that's it for tournaments. Brilliant.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    The last euros were great because you didn't have all the bores complaining about England's overhyped players. Once more this year will be full of people who don't really know anything wondering why everything thinks they are favourites, despite literally noone ever suggesting they are favourites :facepalm2:

Looked at tickets last week for the finals but the best location for games means you are stuck watching Group A

All the best games are in the middle of Polish chicken farms near the arctic circle. Ridiculous.
    "despite literally noone ever suggesting they are favourites"

LOL sorry what was that? http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=eng...429,r:10,s:147

The English media always hype their national team up believing they have a chance to win it, everyone knows they do so do not pretend otherwise.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    I literally didn't know it was happening
    Lol it happens every four years mate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    Germany, Italy, Spain, France.

The big four.
    Fixed.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    yup I'm very excited and can't wait for Euros to start. Oh well sorry my english chums, there's really no hope for you to win against us, I mean cmon it's so predictable you're gonna fail again :france:
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I'm super excited – I've been waiting for this since the World Cup ended!

I'm actually from Canada, but an ardent German supporter & it works out perfectly that I'll be in Germany for the entire Euro 2012, so I'm really looking forward to it
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty excited. The 2008 Euros was probably my favourite international tournament ever so I'm expecting good things from this year. There's a lot of good teams, although I'd say only 3 teams have a realistic chance of winning (Netherlands, Germany, Spain).

The same irritating hype will surround England, but I doubt they'll even get through the group stages.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    (...) There's a lot of good teams, although I'd say only 3 teams have a realistic chance of winning (Netherlands, Germany, Spain).
    (...)
    I think so too! Germany, Spain and Netherlands are my favourites. I hope, Germany wins the cup.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Any tournament featuring Ireland will be exciting.
    A few people have said that to me, do you mean off the field rather than on?

If anyone has seen Ireland play under Trapattoni they will know how bad they are to watch, they make Stoke look like Barca, they really do.

Even though Trapattoni has got them through to their first major tournament since 2002 the Irish fans are calling for his head because of the way he has the team playing.

I'm delighted that we will have more football after the season ends, I haven't really even thought about it enough to get excited.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm very excited, because I'll be there
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, end of season, Euros and then pre-season begins, along with summer transfer rumours. What's not to look forward to?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeySwansea)
    A few people have said that to me, do you mean off the field rather than on?

If anyone has seen Ireland play under Trapattoni they will know how bad they are to watch, they make Stoke look like Barca, they really do.

Even though Trapattoni has got them through to their first major tournament since 2002 the Irish fans are calling for his head because of the way he has the team playing.

I'm delighted that we will have more football after the season ends, I haven't really even thought about it enough to get excited.
    Any Ireland fan who thinks that a country of 4.4m people with football not even the 1st or 2nd national sport is a complete idiot to think they'll get anywhere by not playing defensive. Ireland playing free flowing attacking football = no chance of making any tournament.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Any Ireland fan who thinks that a country of 4.4m people with football not even the 1st or 2nd national sport is a complete idiot to think they'll get anywhere by not playing defensive. Ireland playing free flowing attacking football = no chance of making any tournament.
    Primary national sport or not, football is the sport with the highest level of participation in Ireland. However, I agree with you, they will never get anywhere by opening up and attacking against the stronger nations.

Going back to your first post then, I'm guessing you mean any tournament with Ireland in it will be exciting for off the field reasons?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Damn right it does. Ireland's first international tournament in a decade, low expectations due to the group but still, I shall drink it all in.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    "despite literally noone ever suggesting they are favourites"

LOL sorry what was that? http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=eng...429,r:10,s:147

The English media always hype their national team up believing they have a chance to win it, everyone knows they do so do not pretend otherwise.
    You must realise you've linked to a page proving my point? Surely?

It was a piss easy draw in the group stage :dontknow:
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    As a tournament, of course I'm looking forward to EURO 2012 - international football pretty much every day for a month is hard not be excited about.

I'm personally looking forward to see how Poland and Ukraine get on themselves as I think they can both make it to the knockouts.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to it at all. I generally find the Euro's to be the most dull international football tournament of them all but I'm sure once the PL ends then the excitement will be there.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think hype and excitement will build up when this season ends and the adverts+promotions start.

I'm always excited for these tournaments, even if England get knocked out there is so much talent on display. I like the transfer gossip that goes on during/just after such tournaments too. I remember when Liverpool bought Diouf and Diao together when Senegal overacheived in the 2002 world cup (I think)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We've got a better chance of major success in the Olympics than we've probably ever had.
    We've got a young, exciting rugby team headed to S Africa to prove the potential they've got.
    We've got the S African cricket team coming here to be shown the vast gulf in quality there is between the No 1 and No 2 teams in the world.
    Dammit, we've even got the Boat Race in a week's time and you want me to get excited about a bunch of prima donnas getting their asses handed to them while purporting to represent my country? Well, as a clue to the answer to that, here's the flag that I reckon most of the England supporters will be taking with them to the far end of Europe:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buggered.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	138943
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Quite simply I am vexed at the number of know-nothings who declare little or no interest in an international footie tournament primarily due to England not being in good form or something like that and complete brain-dead idiots who seem to think a tournament is only worth watching and remembering if their national team is doing well.

I am quietly optimistic about Euro 2012 providing a festival of great football and memorable matches as it does fall in to a six year pattern of excellent, unforgettable tournaments. :clap2:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.