The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3840
Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
What's the lowdown of cortisol??

You don't want to be swimming in cortisol prior to the journey through your mother's axe-wound into this world.
Reply 3841
Probably the funniest thing I will see today.

http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=44916
When you're down, jsut be thankful you're not this chick

http://youtu.be/4XQq8DSPXqg
Reply 3843
Original post by Gallium
9/10 people i know who've done rack pulls, simply tell me that rackpulls made their standard deadlfit increase overall, but lockout remained the same, when it comes to upperback/lockout strength KROCK rows are unrivaled! pick up the heaviest dumbell you can and rep that bish out 20-30 even 40 reps!

KROCK rows? Suppose the added benefit of the rack pull is the improved upper back thickness, or so i have heard.
Although very slight difference, I'd recommend block pulls instead (where you have the bar on some kind of blocks). Slack is still there whereas when it's on the rack it isn't (so it feels slightly different to a "real" deadlift) and also you don't ruin bars.
Reply 3845
I'd agree with Michael if you have this option available.
A few people have seen Kroc Rows (Google it) really help them too although I'm not so sure. I will actually start giving them a go though now that my current gym has decent DBs to use.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Either it isn't 7k or you must do A TON of cardio.

Day consists of a litre and a half of whole milk with a full box of cereal (usually own brand Golden Balls or Crunchy Nut), a pack of oreos with 500ml or so of whole milk, 225g of Doritos Chilli Heatwave with 300g salsa, four fried eggs with two toast and 200g cheddar cheese, three apple pies, 60g whey with 300ml whole milk, 500ml of Lucozade, a couple of cans of Irn Bru, 300g macaroni cheese with a couple of toast, half a roasted chicken with 500g full fat yoghurt and 300g white rice. Macros are horrible and I only do light activity at work and on top of that haven't trained for like two weeks. I think training again will stop this dreamer bulk as if it carries on I'm going to go mad like cows.
Original post by Tango189
Day consists of a litre and a half of whole milk with a full box of cereal (usually own brand Golden Balls or Crunchy Nut), a pack of oreos with 500ml or so of whole milk, 225g of Doritos Chilli Heatwave with 300g salsa, four fried eggs with two toast and 200g cheddar cheese, three apple pies, 60g whey with 300ml whole milk, 500ml of Lucozade, a couple of cans of Irn Bru, 300g macaroni cheese with a couple of toast, half a roasted chicken with 500g full fat yoghurt and 300g white rice. Macros are horrible and I only do light activity at work and on top of that haven't trained for like two weeks. I think training again will stop this dreamer bulk as if it carries on I'm going to go mad like cows.

you eat that every single day? jesus ****ing christ
say goodbye to your angus
I'd quickly turn into a fat ****er eating all that, even with intense lifting and some cardio lol
Reply 3850

300g rice as weighed dry?

That's like....... worse than my diet :pain:
Original post by Adidas90
300g rice as weighed dry?

Yeah, roughly a third of a 1kg pack.

Weird thing is I looked lean as ever in the gym today, quick spike in calories probably helped upregulate some of dem hormones. Back to forevercutting.
Ha I didn't know you could get Irn Bru in Engerland.
Original post by cowsforsale
Ha I didn't know you could get Irn Bru in Engerland.

Doesn't taste as good as the Irn Bru in glass bottles you get in Glasgow though.
Reply 3855
7k cals a day? Are you gaining weight? If not, I'd say there's something medically wrong with you! How do you not feel sick constantly, after shoving all that crap into your mouth?!

Height and weight?
He said he didn't gain any weight so that's obviously impossible without having massive activity levels.
Original post by Michael XYZ
He said he didn't gain any weight so that's obviously impossible without having massive activity levels.

i don't think it's impossible at all! i've been through phases where i'm eating little and still gain weight, while other periods i'm eating a ton and don't gain **** all....obvv this is short term and not sustained for a long period of time.
The whole idea is that it's calories used vs. intake.

Weighing yourself is obviously never exactly correct though but of course if you eat 7000 calories and you need 3000 to maintain then it's obvious you will gain weight if you are not Michael Phelps...
Reply 3859
Original post by HFerguson
sounds like it might be DeQuervain's tenosynovitis

what brought on the pain in the thumb? What did you do differently or excessively from normal? Standard rest, ice, ibuprofen treatment. Go to the pharmacist and get some topical ibuprofen gel, apply it, then splint the thumb with a rigid wrist and thumb support. Seriously rest it.

If it persists, see your GP for some diclofenac. If that fails, see GP again for corticosteroid injection into the tendon sheath - know a few guys that have had it and say it's ****ing miracle cure for DeQuervains.

Thanks a lot man. That's some awesome info.

Well I've been a bit stupid haven't really treated it. So I'll get some ice now and go get some of that gel.

It hurt one day after the gym. But I could bend my thumb into my palm (with a bit of pain mind) but I guess continuing to train hasn't helped.

PRSOM
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest