The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^ Not watching that, heard it's horrible.

Also, did anyone see Blake beat Bolt recently (I hope it's recently, I just saw it posted somewhere)?
Reply 3901
Original post by commandant
[video="youtube;b5FE7QdRb54"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5FE7QdRb54[/video]

Made me feel a bit queasy!
Original post by commandant
[video="youtube;b5FE7QdRb54"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5FE7QdRb54[/video]

jesus christ, say goodbye to your PCL and MCL, poor guy
that thing dislocated and then relocated :lolwut:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Michael XYZ

Also, did anyone see Blake beat Bolt recently (I hope it's recently, I just saw it posted somewhere)?

I've seen it...Blake destroyed him really. Bolt has been having awful starts. Asafa looked good, but he's injured his groin and shut it down after 60m's.

The 200m final is tonight between Blake and Bolt and I think Blake will do him again. I just hope they race it out, they may just jog through the line together.

Yeah, was at the Jamaican champs. He destroyed him, but if Bolt manages to get a decent start he'll win. Blake ran like 0.10s faster than he's ever run before and Bolt is still capable of much more, but it definitely makes the 'Lympics more exciting! And just once I want Tyson Gay or Powell to have a chance, feel a bit sorry for them, lol. Imagine being Gay "oh hi, I broke the world record at the last Olympics but still didn't win :emo:"
Original post by McHumpy92
I've seen it...Blake destroyed him really. Bolt has been having awful starts. Asafa looked good, but he's injured his groin and shut it down after 60m's.

The 200m final is tonight between Blake and Bolt and I think Blake will do him again. I just hope they race it out, they may just jog through the line together.

Original post by Becca
Yeah, was at the Jamaican champs. He destroyed him, but if Bolt manages to get a decent start he'll win. Blake ran like 0.10s faster than he's ever run before and Bolt is still capable of much more, but it definitely makes the 'Lympics more exciting! And just once I want Tyson Gay or Powell to have a chance, feel a bit sorry for them, lol. Imagine being Gay "oh hi, I broke the world record at the last Olympics but still didn't win :emo:"

what are you guys on about, bolt never lsot due to the start, he was actually in front till like 6 seconds lol
Original post by Gallium
what are you guys on about, bolt never lsot due to the start, he was actually in front till like 6 seconds lol

That was Asafa...Bolt had a crap start and came through to take 2nd. But at no point was Bolt catching Blake. That is what is scary, Bolt always runs people down quite easily and he couldn't do that with Blake.

That is why he false started at last years world champs, he was nervous because he knew he had to get out better to beat Blake. Saying all that, on his day Bolt is a much better starter than Blake, proven in his 3 WR runs.
Original post by McHumpy92
That was Asafa...Bolt had a crap start and came through to take 2nd. But at no point was Bolt catching Blake. That is what is scary, Bolt always runs people down quite easily and he couldn't do that with Blake.

That is why he false started at last years world champs, he was nervous because he knew he had to get out better to beat Blake. Saying all that, on his day Bolt is a much better starter than Blake, proven in his 3 WR runs.

what vid were you watching lol?

bolt was ahead of blake till like 6-7 seconds, so he no way lost due to his start, ofc he could have had a better start and won. Bolt was just to slow
Original post by Gallium

Errr....

[video="youtube;n6vUR01ShbA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n6vUR01ShbA[/video]
Yes Gallium what video are YOU watching? :P
Something I've been realising recently is that because I usually max on movements that require less weight it has made the weights feel a lot heavier.

Like months ago when I used to squat heavy once a week it'd feel lighter because I'd also go about 160kg for some reps let's say. Now, because I do pause squats or SSB squats or whatever it is still a grind but at a lower weight. The squatting is okay but it definitely feels heavier/possibly harder to stabilise.

Any thoughts?
I don't really understand your phrasing but my opinion is that how weights "feel" is almost totally mental when you're a raw lifter. The weights take a bit of getting used to if you're in a suit, but not much.
Reply 3912
Lack of momentum, pushing a dead weight, etc.?
Reply 3913
Original post by The Troll Toll
I don't really understand your phrasing but my opinion is that how weights "feel" is almost totally mental when you're a raw lifter. The weights take a bit of getting used to if you're in a suit, but not much.

Even if it is totally mental it can be so annoying sometimes how the stupidest of things can get in the way. There have been numerous occasions when by my own opinion (and by the opinion of much more skilled people watching) I should have benched something like a 7.5-10kg PB, but bottled it on the max set

I remember few wks back I did 95 and it moved like 60kg. Went to 102.5 and ground out the hardest ugliest most tentative rep ever because I had it in my mind that >100= heavy. ****in pathetic. Still think if I could get over things in my head I could put like +5kg on all maxes instantly. I'm just one of those people that's scared of going heavy (lol)
Before using Westside method I was just squatting to a max once a week and so was using the heaviest possible weight I could. Now that I use WS my max efforts are usually lifts that require less weight but are harder to squat - SSB squats, pause squats etc.

The higher weights now feel harder on normal squats due to it and it's somewhat frustrating. Like I did 120kg for 2x5 today and 120kg felt really damn heavy even though it's only like 65% of my max. Of course I had done 10x2 box squats before it but it wasn't squatting it the issue more just the feel of it being a lot heavier than it should.

Taking the extreme: Kind of like being able to bench 180kg but all you do is 100kg for many reps. If you do that for a long, long time the 180kg now feels a lot heavier even if you can bench it.
(edited 11 years ago)
I actually think doing stuff like heavy half squats are a benefit physically and mentally. If you can un-rack a PB weight and it not feel heavy on your back it is a good place to be mentally.

Or you could just rack a load of weoghts and stand with it on your back.
Some of the variations are supposed to allow for heavier or the same weight as the regular lifts to avoid you stopping to know how it feels to heavy really heavy weights in your hands or on your back.
Yes Gallium what video are YOU watching? :P

are you being serious?, bolt never lost due to his start...he was ahead of blake at one point, but as the last 40meters or so blake just killed it. Bolt was just out-run.

doesn't mean if your a wr holder you can't be beaten without an excuse behind it,

edit: i'm aware bolt had a crappy start, but that's not the reason why he was beat
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3918
i too thought bolt was clearly winning, then that other guy just did him like midway

edit: it's literally at that moment when someone's arm is in the way. Before the arm he's winning, after it he's losing
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by alex_tait
Some of the variations are supposed to allow for heavier or the same weight as the regular lifts to avoid you stopping to know how it feels to heavy really heavy weights in your hands or on your back.

That is true. The only thing that can help though would be using reverse band squat. I may use it here and there but it seems like it may be a bit of a pain getting it all set up.

Latest