The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also don't under estimate drop sets/going for a pump. Sure your big lifts need to be going up, and there's a problem if they aren't, but certain body parts only started to grow once I started getting pumps. Lats for example barely grew till i got a pump doing a decline cable row (pulling cable down and towards me). I think if nothing else it helps you establish the connection with the muscle, so you can better isolate it in future.

But as people have said, the guys with the biggest chests/legs always have the biggest bench presses/squats. So dedicate your initial energy to the big compound lifts if you want to get big (Rather than just aesthetic).
Rub nandos sauce on thighs, tiny bit of salt on skin, oven for 20 mins, and grill for 2 mins to finish off? Too basic? lol.

Original post by Gallium
back to the gym after 2-3 weeks off, anyone know of any easy chicken recipes, getting bored of chicken and rice
Reply 982
Original post by redbuthotter
Rub nandos sauce on thighs, tiny bit of salt on skin, oven for 20 mins, and grill for 2 mins to finish off? Too basic? lol.

**** thigh, breast is best loool.

dunnoo what weights to do after few weeks off, i guess taking 10% off everything should be fine.
breast..... ewww, thighs are juicy and crispy. Only subject yourself to that **** if cutting lool.

Original post by Gallium
**** thigh, breast is best loool.

dunnoo what weights to do after few weeks off, i guess taking 10% off everything should be fine.
Reply 984
1. Go to KFC
2. Buy KFC chicken
3. Eat
4. Profit
Original post by redbuthotter

The fact that you always put quotes after your response caused me to misinterpret this. I was thinking "Nando's sauce on your thighs? What is this, some kind of crazy new way of making locking out deadlifts easier?" :biggrin:
Reply 986
Original post by JasonTerryIsMyHero
Also don't under estimate drop sets/going for a pump. Sure your big lifts need to be going up, and there's a problem if they aren't, but certain body parts only started to grow once I started getting pumps. Lats for example barely grew till i got a pump doing a decline cable row (pulling cable down and towards me). I think if nothing else it helps you establish the connection with the muscle, so you can better isolate it in future.

But as people have said, the guys with the biggest chests/legs always have the biggest bench presses/squats. So dedicate your initial energy to the big compound lifts if you want to get big (Rather than just aesthetic).

Strong this.
Just had an actual graduate job interview today. Didn't ask anything about the salary (I know what it is because someone else on my course has also been offered a job with the same company) and they didn't mention anything about it either, but what is the etiquette for asking about the starting salary and pay increases?
Any tips for switching to low bar (from high bar)?
Stretch your shoulders beforehand with things like shoulder dislocates and start with a relatively wide grip/light weights. Move it in as you get accustomed to the position.
Original post by Smack
Just had an actual graduate job interview today. Didn't ask anything about the salary (I know what it is because someone else on my course has also been offered a job with the same company) and they didn't mention anything about it either, but what is the etiquette for asking about the starting salary and pay increases?

There is nothing wrong asking about the salary/package because you aren't working for charity after all but it certainly wouldn't be my leading question. I personally would leave the true negotiating until a later date or followup interview (you could save those sorts of questions for then too).

As for pay increases if it's your first job I wouldn't worry about pay increases too much, more on getting the right support, experience and training to give me more opportunities at a later date. Unless of course you plan on spending a very long time with them.
Original post by commandant
I've been to one BB show and enjoyed it. The biggest weakness there was also legs.

Errybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but ain't nobody wanna train no legs!
Fuark corporate life.

Waking up at 6am makes me unhappy. :frown:

Although it sounds like the prospects are very good for getting a Summer internship so fingers crossed! You hear back within 24 hours of the interview if I get fast-tracked which is nice and efficient though.
Reply 993
Original post by Smack

I think the etiquette is don't ask. Some companies tell you, and some don't, but you can normally find online. Pay increase wise, I'd ask about advancement opportunities and the like.
Edit-or at later interviews/once they offer you a job.
(edited 12 years ago)
I agree with choco, I'd ask at second or followup interview.
Original post by ch0c0h01ic
There is nothing wrong asking about the salary/package because you aren't working for charity after all but it certainly wouldn't be my leading question. I personally would leave the true negotiating until a later date or followup interview (you could save those sorts of questions for then too).

As for pay increases if it's your first job I wouldn't worry about pay increases too much, more on getting the right support, experience and training to give me more opportunities at a later date. Unless of course you plan on spending a very long time with them.

Original post by Slumpy
I think the etiquette is don't ask. Some companies tell you, and some don't, but you can normally find online. Pay increase wise, I'd ask about advancement opportunities and the like.

Original post by Arturo Bandini
I agree with choco, I'd ask at second or followup interview.

Well the pay increase needs to be suitably high to tempt me to leave with just a bachelors rather than stay on and do my masters, which is/was a personal goal of mine. And it would also be handy to know so I can compare with their rivals whose starting salaries and pay increases I do know.

There is also no second or follow up interviews either.
Reply 996
Original post by Smack
Well the pay increase needs to be suitably high to tempt me to leave with just a bachelors rather than stay on and do my masters, which is/was a personal goal of mine. And it would also be handy to know so I can compare with their rivals whose starting salaries and pay increases I do know.

Websites like glassdoor and stuff? Or as I say, just ask if they offer you it, that's the safest time.
Hmm, skip next 2 workouts so I can kinda work whilst doing this internship?

Having a breakdown between what REALLY matters - education - and what I also care a lot about - lifting.
Reply 998
Original post by Smack

The majority of grad schemes in IB/ Big 4/ Blue Chip/ Uber corps will offer a flat rate for grads in the same divisions so just find out from someone already there.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Hmm, skip next 2 workouts so I can kinda work whilst doing this internship?

Having a breakdown between what REALLY matters - education - and what I also care a lot about - lifting.

It's only a week. Skip the workouts.

Latest