The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

But actually competing though.....

That London show had a giants live...would be nice if they had something like that.
lol no clue what's happening in dis thread

bottom line .. unless you're a retard or have no commitment then lifting coupled with a sport is fine for whatever your goal.

The argument "meh all my uni rugby team are fat" is hardly useful when they drink 20 pints three nights a week. Now, show me a uni's first team (or a town's club first team) ... all the backs plus half the forwards will be looking juicy.

Avengers - thoughts? The interaction of the superheroes was well written imho.
I thought it was sick
if i did cleans correctly would it have the same effect as doing a speed deadlift? was thinking to do speed dead lifts but thought fuk it may as well learn to clean properly
Possibly, although the only person I've heard of advocating that approach is Mark Rippetoe, and he isn't a powerlifting coach.
in
Personally I'd say do the speed pulls. They help a lot!

I don't know about cleans but I doubt they really help. Unless you want to learn how to clean too then, yes, maybe do the cleans but understand that doing speed pulls would be better but you are sacrificing some of that to learn the clean.
Reply 1747
It's probably already been posted but thought I'd give a heads up anyway.

Proto pure bars (~31g pro, ~26g c) in holland and barrett are currently cheap as. Usually £2.85 each, they're in a sale buy one get one for 1p, but they're also scanning as half price so effectively £1.43 for two. Think it only applies to the chocolate ones, though, as I got a couple yesterday, and then today got a few more but went for 3 peanut butter and 1 choc and noticed that only the choc was at the cheaper price. Still averaged £1.20 each which isn't a disaster!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1748
How long do you guys spend stretching?
I always stretch all of my legs and glutes alot for half an hour straight after my leg workout and once again 2-3 days later, but i still feel alot of tightness, quads feel tight, and so do hamstrings and i think it affecting my lower back somehow (not pain or anything due to bad form).
Reply 1749
I get very bored after about a minute of stretching. Probably should do more because my leg muscles are inflexiable as fuark.
Original post by AdaD

Proto pure bars (~31g pro, ~26g c) in holland and barrett are currently cheap as. Usually £2.85 each, they're in a sale buy one get one for 1p, but they're also scanning as half price so effectively £1.43 for two. Think it only applies to the chocolate ones, though, as I got a couple yesterday, and then today got a few more but went for 3 peanut butter and 1 choc and noticed that only the choc was at the cheaper price. Still averaged £1.20 each which isn't a disaster!

posted this a few months back, but was on the 'CNP' ones at the time protein bar+subway is a nifty meal when your out and about .
Original post by AdaD

70p each is sick - will check tomorrow!

Do you think they are worth it though? At 70p it's good but if it gets like £1.50+ do you think it's worth it? I know a few who buy them at like £2-3 each but that's so much!

Although, wait, is that an error that it's half price or are they really meant to be? Don't want to get 100 with me and then find out they're normal price and just say "err, yes, never mind actually".
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1752
Original post by Michael XYZ
70p each is sick - will check tomorrow!

Do you think they are worth it though? At 70p it's good but if it gets like £1.50+ do you think it's worth it? I know a few who buy them at like £2-3 each but that's so much!

Wouldn't pay more than 1.50, I don't think. Obviously doesn't compare favourably to whey, but if you want a 30g protein fix it's a bit tastier, cheaper and more convenient than a tin of tuna!

70p is decent, though. Obv not an ongoing thing but if you've got a few quid spare to buy a few, it's a decent snack. Beats a 60p mars bar!

My 6 worked out at £1.19 each which was annoying, but I should have been more switched on when I was buying them and swapped for choc which seemingly are the cheap ones (was on the phone at the time to an agency about a job!)
I don't do any stretching. Just occasional foam rolling.
Reply 1754
I don't do stretching or foam rolling.
Reply 1755
Original post by Michael XYZ

Although, wait, is that an error that it's half price or are they really meant to be? Don't want to get 100 with me and then find out they're normal price and just say "err, yes, never mind actually".

I'm not too sure. I made two purchases in 2 different stores and both times the 'chocolate flavoured deluxe' showed on the receipt as £1.43 so I'm guessing that they are on a half price offer, in addition to the 1p thing.

Feck it. Do the math before hand and if it comes out higher than you thought, say "it's ok I'll leave it, mate told me they were on offer and I can't afford them if not" and leave. You don't know them, they don't know you. Meh!
You should wear your slingshot when buying the bars - then they will know you are serious about lifting and most likely will discount them.
Original post by u4m1r
I don't do stretching or foam rolling.

Cool story bro.
Original post by The Blind Monk
I don't get why it has to be all or nothing. Any kind of physical activity could plausibly be useful for dropping weight/increasing conditioning depending on where you're at. Start small and work your way up. You'll adapt in time.

Sport is useful primarily because it should be fun. It's a way of doing cardio without feeling godawful about it.

So so so so so so so wise... even on such a homosexual topic.
Reply 1759
Original post by Arturo Bandini
I don't do any stretching. Just occasional foam rolling.

I sometimes wonder if I agree with AB... too much.

In that case, I stretch all ****ing day and never foam roll. wut

Latest